Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? (2169 Views)

“feasibility Study And Business Plan On Laundry And Dry Cleaning Business ” / How To Print And Sell Recharge Card From The Comfort Of Your House Cafe Or Offic / How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 17, 2010
what do u say?
thanks!
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by y2kaustin(m): 11:47am On Sep 20, 2010
Hello the both are viable to do in such locations, i was managing a drycleaning Firm in surulere before i travelled to ghana.Anyway,if you finally make up your mind on dry cleaning u can get in touch with me so we can actually get it started together,using my expertise.hoping to hear from you soon,till then remain blessed.07028053231 or 08134340380 or y2kaustin@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by Giyaz: 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2010
From what I have witnessed of the two ventures in the past, I will advise you go for the dry cleaning business. Cyber cafe is 100% dependent on electricity and could spell a big failure for the business if power supply is eratic. Dry cleaning is about 70% dependent on electricity and an erratic power supply will not immediately cause a big failure. I mean dry cleaning can be more easily managed in the event of power failure. Also, a cyber cafe can become a target of the law enforcers once they suspect that students or Yahoo boys are using it for their nefarious activities.
In all I have many issues with the cyber cafe.

Best of luck.
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by Superuser(m): 9:12am On Sep 21, 2010
Great ideas! I will suggest you go for the dry cleaning/ clean9ing services for residents for now. My reason is that it carries less risk and will bring you steady and higher revenue compared to the cyber cafe. The risks of internet cafes are so high this days that you; ranging from ISP issues, being capital intensive to low patronage (depending on the location). After running the dry cleaning and cleaning service for a year or 2 then you can venture into business center services first so as to understand the risks involved but i bet you you will make more revenue running a business center in that location than running a cafe.

By cleaning services i mean residential cleaning, fumigation, horticultural services. Even you can approach the churches for some of this services. I have a corporate profile/ value propositions you can send to houses, offices and churches if you are interested. You can contact me via biosoftng@yahoo.com.

Regards.
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by LagBlogger(m): 1:13am On Nov 12, 2011
I think Cleaning Business in general is better than setting up a cyber cafe Business although Dry cleaning business has it challenges too.
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by kolnel: 5:44am On Nov 12, 2011
I own a cafe. Cafe biz is going to extinction. Dry cleaning is much better. U deal with matured minds compared to riff raffs that patronise cafe and u don't ve to deal with any lsp issues. Moreover you can build ur dry cleaning biz into a trade name.
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by yamakuza: 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2011
kolnel:

I own a cafe. Cafe biz is going to extinction. Dry cleaning is much better. U deal with matured minds compared to riff raffs that patronise cafe and u don't ve to deal with any lsp issues. Moreover you can build your dry cleaning biz into a trade name.

Isnt the drycleaning business saturated now?

I see them everywhere; plus, washing machines are cheaper now.
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by mrinfo(m): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ OP Good thin most of the replies have been advising you against the cyber business. Cyber business is fraught with challenges and in such an environment many I bet will afford laptops and modems but many may not want to do their washing themselves.

See why Cyber cafe may not be the right option for you, http://nairabrains.com/2011/09/three-3-dangers-of-starting-a-cyber-cafe-business-why-you-should-consider-other-business-options/

Try and incorporate Pick up and Delivery since you are targeting an estate. If you can have a system of picking up clients' laundry and dropping them back washed, dried and packed neatly I bet you may of them will sign you up for their laundry needs.

Goodluck to you.
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by yamakuza: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
mrinfo:

@ OP Good thin most of the replies have been advising you against the cyber business. Cyber business is fraught with challenges and in such an environment many I bet will afford laptops and modems but many may not want to do their washing themselves.

See why Cyber cafe may not be the right option for you, http://nairabrains.com/2011/09/three-3-dangers-of-starting-a-cyber-cafe-business-why-you-should-consider-other-business-options/

Try and incorporate Pick up and Delivery since you are targeting an estate. If you can have a system of picking up clients' laundry and dropping them back washed, dried and packed neatly I bet you may of them will sign you up for their laundry needs.

Goodluck to you.

i know cybercafe is a no go area.

Are you trying to tell me that at least 10 drycleaners on one street isnt too much?
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
There's more than enough suggestion here. Make ur choice
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by yamakuza: 12:03am On Nov 13, 2011
yamakuza:

i know cybercafe is a no go area.

Are you trying to tell me that at least 10 drycleaners on one street isnt too much?

I need an answer ooo!
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by beltel: 8:17pm On Nov 14, 2011
Cyber cafe or lundry washing business, but u said u live in a residential area and close to a school
dont u think cyber cafe buzz is better because with the description of your area i think u have more
youths in that area who will really patronize u if u set up a cyber cafe business in that area
Cyber cafe business has more opportunity and potentials than lundry buzz in that area of yours
i see cyber cafe business as being more lucrative in terms of income check www.plentygold..com
Re: Cyber Cafe Or Dry Cleaning Business? by doctokwus: 11:53pm On Nov 14, 2011
Anyone advising u on a cybercafe must b a joker.In dis day where almost all phones comw wt connectivity& for one hundred naira u can source all d information u want on ur fone,save for printing out,how can it b profitable.THen u also factor nepa wahala& connectivity cost.Cybercafe wi dfinitely gv u beta returns.

(1) (Reply)

The Greatest 8 Ways To Make #50,000 Weekly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / First Bank Charging Account Maintenance Fee On Savings Accounts Against Cbn Rule / Meet Igbo Man Who Has The Biggest Farm Produce In Nigeria (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.