Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? (17244 Views)

“feasibility Study And Business Plan On Laundry And Dry Cleaning Business ” / Starting A Cleaning Business/fumigation Coy: / Dry Cleaning Business In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by Donmeca(m): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2011
We want to set up a home and office cleaning business in in Nigeria but somehow, we are kind of novices in the local industry and internet keeps giving answers based on US and Europe. Kindly help with the following issues:

1. Suitable name for the company
2. Average budget for start up
3. Market size and trends in Nigeria. . .do Nigerians pay to clean their homes?
4. Local big players. . .who cleans ur homes and offices?
5. Risks and challenges. . .like getting people to trust u in d home
6. Does it have a long gestation period?

Thank u
Donmeca
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by TokyoBulls(m): 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2011
Are you seriously considering this as a business in Nigeria? I'm not very sure the clientelle is that big. First, many Nigerians may not be able to pay premiums for professionals to clean their homes/offices, and when they're ready to pay, there are hundreds of other companies who will charge much less. I remember calling a couple of companies I got online, and when they gave me quotations of the cleaning, I resorted to doing it via my cousins, and I paid much less than a third of the price they were quoting.

Laundry business seem to make some more sense, especially in high brow areas in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Abuja, etc, where employees of multinationals/blue-chip companies spend the most productive part of the day at work and caanot do the laundry themselves, especially for bachelors. But you need to give some excellent customer services that are value-adding such as home/office pick ups/deliveries, payments with cheques, etc. And please don't think of doing laundry or home cleaning businesses in certain towns/parts of Lagos. You might end up paying the rent with your savings.
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by LagBlogger(m): 3:02am On Nov 11, 2011
OP,

I think there is great prospect in Office cleaning business in Nigeria but not so sure of home cleaning except if what you mean by home cleaning will be neighbourhood cleaning (cleaning people's neighbourhoods like the stairways in high rise apartment Houses, the streets within a residential estate and special cleaning e.g rugs difficult to reach spots in churches you know those high spots with lots of cobwebs and dust)

Overall I think it is a good business.
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by Donmeca(m): 11:50am On Nov 11, 2011
Thanks guys.

My real fears were in terms of the market for home cleaning especially. I fear the demand for home cleaning is quite low in Nigeria and as @TokyoB opined, our communal life style and cheap labour found here means that people wud rather use family members and tip them than using call pros. I also think things are changing but mayb not very fast. I intend to do d stuff in Abuja.

@LagBlogger, I actually meant home maid service, housekeeping. . .if there are lawns, we can mow and maintain but I don't want to start talking abt making it look industrial just yet. D neighbourhood thing can be incorporated but I was like we needed to clean those rooms and toilets first before the client says "ah! Do u think my stairways are redeemable? D office thing, I know and it also needs a lot of marketing to displace those already there. Thanks bro,
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by LagBlogger(m): 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2011
Well OP this business still needs some more investigation.

For anyone also interested in this business you may want to read Washing and cleaning business opportunities in Nigeria
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by naijadot: 11:03am On Nov 12, 2011
I think its an emerging market here in Nigeria which will defiinitely grow stronger. There are lots of young entrepreneur trying to break even in this market. Am sure with a good business success will be inevitable.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by Donmeca(m): 11:08am On Nov 12, 2011
Thanks all. Pls keep suggestions coming. . .I am serious abt dis.
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by Konnektions146(m): 11:26am On Nov 12, 2011
not a big market, u `ll need extra effort to break even, moreso, home cleaning is a no-go area, wetin huse helps dey do?

here no be obodo oyinbo
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by Donmeca(m): 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^^ grin grin grin I tot as much @Konnektions146. House helps must do d work for free but I see that aspect phasing out with improved std of living. Naija parents will be able to cater for their kids (send them all to school) and not send them out as helps in exchange for wrappers and bags of xmas/sallah rice.
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2011
Channel ur finance to do other profitable business
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by oc2fish: 9:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
Please dont border.All the cleaning can wait exept food why not try Grass cutter or fish farming and if you dont mind the west try piggery if you contact me on oc2fish@yahoo.com
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by emekenine: 12:40am On Jul 18, 2012
Pls i just started a cleaning business,public view and advise will really be appreciated
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by krizdprince(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2012
it a very good business, i am also into it. i dont know if both of us can work as team for sometime
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by Abujafood: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
To answer your question, I think you should read about Home and Office business in Nigeria to understand more!

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by Promolysis(m): 11:09pm On Sep 24, 2012
Donmeca: We want to set up a home and office cleaning business in in Nigeria but somehow, we are kind of novices in the local industry and internet keeps giving answers based on US and Europe. Kindly help with the following issues:

Thank u
Donmeca
iam intrested if u are looking 4 pipu 2 employ. U can sent me e mail via promo4life14@yahoo.com. Tanx
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by newsfella: 7:39pm On Mar 27, 2013
do you want to know how to start your own commercial cleanning out fit? check out this site:
http://www.makemoneynigeria.com/commercial-cleaning-business-nigeria-guidelines-start/
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by Ypzee2000(m): 5:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
CHOGON Special Cleaning Services

CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria offers a wide spectrum of special cleaning services. From one-time residential special cleaning to huge restoration or industrial special cleaning jobs, you can rely on CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria to take care of your cleaning needs.
We provide the following special cleaning services:
General Cleaning
CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Nigeria also affords general cleaning services, such as cleaning of walls, ceilings, windows, ovens, kitchen cupboards, restrooms, etcetera. Whatever cleaning need you have, we can find a cleaning solution for it.
Construction Clean Up
We clean after industrial contractors that leave a lot of dust and construction dirt after their job is done. It is necessary to clean up all the industrial dust and dirt to make your place clean, healthy and ready for habitation. With CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Nigeria, you are in capable hands.
Special Events Clean Up
Whenever you have a special event coming up, i.e. a festival, moving day, a party, a concert, a show, or a convention, just any special event, CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Nigeria is ready to solve your cleaning needs. With our staff of highly trained professionals, CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Nigeria is the ideal partner to make your event extra special.
Hard Floor Care and Maintenance
CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria provides special cleaning services for all types of facilities and offers the total solution for the maintenance of your floor, i.e., floor polishing. Whatever the floor size is or floor material used, we are the right partner for you.
These are the floor maintenance services CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES has to offer:
Floor Scrubbing and Finishing
Most floor surfaces need protection from wear and tear. Applying a finish (polish/wax) on the floors can help protect them from dirt and grime, and pedestrian & industrial traffic especially when the floor is still new.
Floor Stripping and Re-Finishing
Over time, the floor will exhibit a deterioration in appearance and quality. It might be necessary to strip the old polish off to prevent buildup, and do a thorough cleaning of the floor to prevent permanent damage.
Burnishing – High Speed Floor Care
Periodic buffing with a high-speed burnisher will remove most scuff marks and light scratches. Buffing will add luster while dislodging dirt and blending touch-up spots with the original finish.
Environment-Friendly Chemicals
At CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria, we make sure that we use environment-friendly chemicals to maintain your floors. The degree of luster and sheen of your floors depends on the pedestrian and industrial traffic, and on how much shine you desire to have on your floors.
CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria is the right partner for protecting your floors to maintain its quality and extend its life-span.
Call us now and let us help you keep your floor looking as good as new.
Carpet and Upholstery Care and Maintenance
Carpet and upholstery maintenance must be established as a scheduled program. Most often, it is a random series of reactions to soiling conditions and infrequent cleaning. If proper maintenance is neglected, the carpet’s and the upholstery's appearance will suffer, shortening its useful life and raising long-term costs.
A comprehensive carpet care program consists of the following four elements:
• Reduction of soil entering the building
• Removal of dry soil
• Removal of spots and spills
• Cleaning by hot water extraction, a.k.a. Wet Method, or by Dry Extraction Method.
We offer both one-time carpet and upholstery cleaning services and/or regular care and maintenance services customized to each client's needs and requirements.
CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria has the total solution for all your carpet cleaning needs...
Window Washing
You notice you have dirty windows. Relax, many people do. Cleaning your own windows is a big job. It can also be tedious and frustrating, not to mention time-consuming and dangerous. That is why it makes good sense to use the professionals at CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria.
Whether at home or in your place of work, you can rest assured that your windows will be cleaned by a licensed, insured and bonded professional window cleaner. We can also clean your mirrors, skylights, and ceiling fans.
When you choose CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria, you don't have to deal with the headache of those hard-to-reach spots or upper story windows. Clean windows can make a huge difference in the atmosphere of your home. Clean windows is an essential element of your business´ image.
When you hire a window cleaner, you probably want more than just clean windows. You want timely, reliable service from someone who cares about your satisfaction. With CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Nigeria, that’s precisely what you’ll get. Our high standards have made us the clear choice nationwide.
If you want a trustworthy business partner, CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria is your choice...
High Pressure cleaning
CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria does high pressure cleaning in numerous applications. When cleaning with high pressure, the machines that are used are of different types.
When performing high pressure cleaning, there are three things that have to be considered:
1. 1) Heat
2. 2) Pressure
3. 3) Waterflow
Each of these plays a crucial part in reaching the cleaning result desired. Other factors that have to be considered are:
1. a) the chemicals being used
2. b) fuel consumption
3. c) other related factors
CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems also offers high pressure cleaning with hot water for many applications, such as:
1. Cleaning of building exteriors.
2. After-a-fire cleaning of buildings.
3. Removal of certain types of mold/mildew infestations.
4. Cleaning of walls and ceilings in areas that can tolerate moisture.
Hot water high pressure cleaning is also a part of CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems' Nigeria integrated specialized cleaning services.
Soda Blasting
CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria uses soda blasting mostly in demanding and delicate cleaning projects.
Soda blasting is the true coating removal application. The blasting media used is baking soda. The soft, sharp granules of the baking soda are used to clean, degrease and remove paint or graffiti from many surfaces WITHOUT or with very minimal to no damage to the surface cleaned.
Baking soda (Sodium Bicarbonate) is 100% non-toxic and enviromentally friendly. It is not dangerous in any way unlike other blasting materials. Soda treats the surface much better than the previous known blasting material: sand, which can also be hazardous to the user.
The applications where CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems uses Soda Blasting are :
• Removing paint and soot from houses (removing soot from the burned surface, and so on)
• Removing paint and dirt from engine and hydraulic parts that is difficult to clean
• Disinfection of areas (food service disinfection)
• Disinfection of houses with mould/mildew infestation
• Cleaning of stone surfaces that is difficult to clean (floor tiles, walls, bridges, etcetera)
• Removing of graffiti
• Cleaning of badly burned houses after a fire
• Removing bitumen from glass and metal
• Removing baked on carbon and grease on food equipments
• Restoring engine frames, wings and parts from the aviation industry
• Removing paint and varnish from wood
• Removing concrete from glass and metal
• Detecting cracks on parts and structural joints
Soda blasting can be applied to numerous surfaces. These include aluminium, stainless steel, wood, glass, brick, steel, concrete and natural stone (sandstone, lime, marble) and more.
Soda blasting removes and cleans difficult substances quickly and easily including rubberized tar, spray sealers, surface treatments, epoxy resins, resurfacing concrete and many more.
No other existing method can remove such difficult to remove substances as quickly, effectively and efficiently than Soda Blasting.
Soda blasting is part of CHOGON CLEANING SERVICES Cleaning Systems Nigeria's integrated specialized cleaning solutions.

For more details and bookings please call
+2348072292381
+2348129190315
info@chogonfacilities.com
www.chogonfacilities.com

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by azbiller101: 2:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
Want to make fortune with your dry clearning or laundry bizness for FREE?? Contact me on 08028100458.
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by LagBlogger(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2017
How good is home and office cleaning business in Nigeria is it with regard to profit margin, sales or how competitive it is?
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by maci(m): 3:42pm On Jul 02, 2017
Donmeca:
We want to set up a home and office cleaning business in in Nigeria but somehow, we are kind of novices in the local industry and internet keeps giving answers based on US and Europe. Kindly help with the following issues:

Thank u
Donmeca

Good day, have you been able to come up with info about this business? I am really interested too in it
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by maci(m): 3:44pm On Jul 02, 2017
LagBlogger:
How good is home and office cleaning business in Nigeria is it with regard to profit margin, sales or how competitive it is?

It is a growing and upcoming business, no professional company runs it yet
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by mezeadichie: 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2017
Lacreme is a growth oriented and dynamic professional cleaning company specialized in the art of industrial, residential and environmental cleaning, trained by the British Institute of Cleaning Sciences (BISC).

Lacreme strives to be the market leader for tank and vessel cleaning in Nigeria. We constantly explore improved ways of deliverying our solutions through the application of advanced technology and equipment, with the aim of significantly reducing and where possible eliminating confined space entry. Our goal is to provide a professional and customized solution to our clients. Our focus area includes floating and fixed roof tank cleaning and marine vessel cleaning.

HOME CLEANING

Coming home to a clean kitchen, freshly vacuumed floors and well-kept bathrooms gives us all a wonderful feeling. Our home cleaning services are designed to give you the peace of mind you deserve and the time you need to enjoy your life and loved ones. We are a trusted name in home cleaning services. For 10 years we’ve performed house cleaning services with the use of residential and eco friendly cleaning solutions.

REST ROOM SANITATION

70 percent of visitors rank a clean restroom as extremely important, and 95 percent would avoid an establishment in the future if they found the restroom to be dirty? La crème cleaning systems enhance image, save time and improve employee morale.

MOVE-IN CLEANING

We specialize in detailed and deep cleaning of building prior to occupation. Our post construction cleaning division is fully supported by a dedicated team of professionals in operations, safety and customer service. Our scope of work includes stain removal, floor scrubbing, window cleaning etc. Our experienced and trained team have the expertise and skills to handle multifaceted cleaning task.

You can call : Head Office

Plot 8 Oladimeji, Ali street, embassy road lekki phase 1, Lagos, Nigeria

Phone

+234(0) 909 215 6559 | +234(0) 803 923 1808

Email

info@lacreme.com.ng.com
Re: How Good Is Home/office Cleaning Business In Nigeria? by iseeicome: 12:11am On Oct 03, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Dollar Hits N600 At Parallel Market, FOREX Supply Shrinks / CAC Has Moved From Their Yaba Office To Lagos Island / You Can Now Get A First Bank Loan To Buy A Car For Your Uber Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.