Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? (20792 Views)

Lagos State Task Force Clears Oshodi Railway Track, Apongbon Under Bridge, Etc. / Vandals Damage Lagos-Ibadan Railway Track, Trains Forced To Stop In Bush / Disasters Are Waiting To Occur On Railway Tracks In Lagos (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by AutoReportNG: 3:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
Oladefemi007:

It's Agege railway crossing

And its still same as depicts in the picture?
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by trevorhorace(m): 3:50pm On Apr 25, 2019
Cos our trains are the slowest in the universe
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Because most PEOPLE were born without BRAINS
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by martineverest(m): 3:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
czarina:
Those tracks in your article don't look like they're still active though.
Yaba ,agege and ikeja tracks are active.....the business activities on rail in those regions are second to none
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by OMOCELE1(m): 3:55pm On Apr 25, 2019
kcboy34:
that's agege pencinema not yaba.... I can bet my balls on that

U NO KNOW LAGOS.THATS YABA.
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by eyinjuege: 3:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
Because many are mad, and only few are roaming.

1 Like

Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by Oladefemi007(m): 3:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
AutoReportNG:

And its still same as depicts in the picture?
Yep, but because trading activities, it's changed a little bit
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by AkhereOkaka(m): 4:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
AutoJoshNIG:
In most part of Nigeria, railway tracks have become the preferred places for trading activities.

In Lagos state, railway tracks are the destinations for those in search of “Okrika” clothes and other used and substandard wares.

Every day, traders and their customers turn these locations to a huge marketplace.

Tragically, this unusual and very risky trading practice has led to the death of some people, especially those who were not quick enough to depart the scene for an oncoming train.

Indeed, hanging around railways tracks comes with enormous risks.

Sometimes, some people at these railway marketplaces make fatal judgements, forgetting that trains are not as controllable as cars that can be stopped at will.

Still, this has not deterred Nigerians – especially Lagosians – from trading or hanging around active railway tracks.

Some examples of railway track locations in Lagos with huge market activities are Oshodi, Mushin, Ikeja-Along, Yaba bus-stop, etc.

During the administration of Governor Babatunde Fashola, there was a ban on trading on railway tracks. This ban was vigorously enforced at the time. However, the enforcement of that ban appears to have been relaxed in the current administration.

Curiously, it is reported that some task forces are deployed to some of these locations to collect revenues from the illegal traders at these railway track marketplaces.

Perhaps, this is the reason why this high-risk illegality persists on our railway tracks.

Source:

https://autojosh.com/trading-on-railway-track-why-is-this-risky-practice-permitted/

This is very risky and should be abated immediately
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by FreemanUYB(m): 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
AkhereOkaka:
This is very risky and should be abated immediately
come and abate it na!!!!

abation king

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by mysteryman2014: 4:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
czarina:

They are active
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by AutoReportNG: 4:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
Oladefemi007:

Yep, but because trading activities, it's changed a little bit

Reason i said its an old pix... I pass Agege regularly and its not like this
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by Ayhomes(m): 4:09pm On Apr 25, 2019
OMOCELE1:

U NO KNOW LAGOS.THATS YABA.
see conclusion ooooo can you prove those pics are from Yaba I can prove they are taken from Agege
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by bluefilm: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
czarina:

Are you thinking what I am thot?
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by biztip: 5:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
very risky

Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by loomer: 5:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
When the tracks and not safe guarded with barriers.

Everything about naija dey upsidedown.
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by gulfer: 5:47pm On Apr 25, 2019
namiji2598:
the slay Queen In third to the last pic though,,,big kpomo
Of all the pictures, only this caught my attention grin grin grin

Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by namiji2598: 5:59pm On Apr 25, 2019
GTFO:

I wonder why the OP now blurred her face BUT DIDNT make others above the pictures BLURRY !!

And you want Nigeria to be Great , innit

We all die here!! No worry!
even u wey get kpomo dey look at kpomo nawa ooo
can we see ur own kpomo den??
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by Ishilove: 6:28pm On Apr 25, 2019
AutoReportNG:

Reason i said its an old pix... I pass Agege regularly and its not like this
You need to see Ikeja Along at night
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by Aidejay(m): 8:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
You don't know that there is excitement in risk taking just like children when they see an adult coming for them they run once the person turns back they return and continue they know the adult will return and Chase them and that's where the fun is. It's the same thing here people takiy unnecessary risks knowing the consequences when they see a train they clear up and return one it's passed
Re: Trading On Railway Track: Why Is This Risky Practice Permitted? by Chuksfela1(m): 12:10am On Apr 26, 2019
Dis is agege route

(1) (2) (Reply)

UAE Lifts Visa Bans On Nigerians / 5 Most Romantic Spots In Abuja / Police Detain 12 Illegal Nigerians Over Refusal To Leave Kazakhstan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.