Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,859 members, 7,813,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! (914 Views)

PAYONEER: Why I Stopped Using Payoneer & What I Use Now. Wise.com + Crypto.com / I Want To Start Saving In Dollars. / How I Recieved An Instant Loan Of Over N1m Without Going To The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by Sam258778(m): 11:51am On Apr 25, 2019
WHY I STOPPED SAVING IN THE BANK.

Please read till the end.
I promise not to waste your time.

IMAGINATION IS OUR STRONGEST TOOL_ BASICALLY, THE ABILITY TO SEE ORDINARY THINGS IN NEW WAYS. THE FIRST THING I WILL LEAVE BEHIND ME IS FEAR. IT IS THE ENEMY OF GREATNESS, THE OPPOSITE OF FAITH. THE LONGER IT LIVES WITHIN ME, THE STRONGER IT LIVES WITHIN ME.

:A WISE MAN.

I use to keep my money in the bank. Oh, sorry, I meant to say that I’ve always been keeping my money in the bank until I decided to look into other options. What drove me to think this way was the crazy charges on my money every month? Imagine me having three bank accounts each of which I possess their ATM debit cards. Every month, nothing less than #200 is being charged from my money in each account; ranging from card maintenance to SMS charge and you know the rest…

I mean, these charges were outrageous that I started my own personal research as to where the best place to keep my money would be and not just keep but in fact grow, whether I touch it or not. Honestly speaking, it wasn’t an easy task going online for these kinds of stuffs especially since there are so many scammers out there. But the research was worth it and I was amazed to find out that there are some platforms, companies and financial institutions that have investment opportunities that I could keep my money and get interest after a period of time. (Time in this regards does not necessarily mean that you have to wait for a year_365days before collecting your interest). I also found out that some of these opportunities have at one point or the other been shared with me by family and friends at one point or the other and they are available to anyone out there.

Personally, I’ve closed down two of my bank accounts because after my calculations, I believe I needed my money too. I only operate one account now which I think I may need its card to make some quick online purchases or at POS points or perhaps do some offline transactions on phone and I’ve distributed my other small change #(lolz) across these opportunities (as I love to call them) across these platforms and financial institutions that I’m about to talk about.

The first one I’ll like to talk about is Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund (SIMM). Don’t be scared because it still has something to do with these banks that I was talking about earlier to run away from.

SIMM is a very great opportunity organized by Stanbic IBTC bank to cater for investors with low risk appetite who don’t want exposure to the capital market but require liquidity and competitive returns available in fixed income markets.

Think of SIMM as your normal bank account but which you don’t need to walk into a banking hall to perform any of your transactions. The benefits of SIMM include the following:
• 12.79% per annum of interest (no local bank in Nigeria can give you that much)
• Competitive returns
• Daily interest earning. This means that your interest is accrued on a daily basis
• Diversification of investment portfolio
• Minimum investment of #5000
• An automated and stress free subscription process via Direct Debit Initiative (DDI) this means you can save your money on the go.
• 24 hours online access to your account.
• Flexibility and ease of liquidity and the minimum tenure for SIMM is 30 days. This means that you can decide to stop after 30 days. Also note that you can take out of your money for use at any point in time and can refund as much as you want with no hidden charges whatsoever. Also, your interest is calculated on a daily basis and is added to your money every day even when you’ve withdrawn a particular sum. Just that your interest of 12.79% per annum only accrues to the money in your account for that day.

But please bear in mind that you can start with any amount of your choice. Although if you wish to start with more than #20,000, you’ll need to walk to the bank to get some forms filled. But I started with #5,000 and I did it on my phone and I’m so happy with their customer care.

Feel free at any time of the day to reach them via their email… assetmanagement@stanbicibtc.com or reach Adedayo (from Stanbic IBTC) on 09068866275 via a phone call, SMS or a whatsapp message.

Let me explain it like this:
Let’s say I invest 5000 only, for the first month my interest would be: 12.79% per annum ÷ 12months = 1.07% of my invested 5000. Which means that I would have a total of #53.5 on my money at the end of the first month?
To calculate our interest per day: that would be 12.79% ÷ 365 days =0.035% of my invested 5k which means that by my calculations here, I stand to gain #1.75k on a daily basis on my 5k for the rest of its life in that account. (Provided I left it at #5000). Now thin about what I stand to gain if I have more money in that account.

I don’t think of this as a way to make money, rather, I think of it as an investment. So I can even decide not to touch my 5k for 20 years. Trust me its chicken change. But let’s calculate it first.
If I’m getting approximately #54 on my 5k per month… in a year I should be able to boast of #648 (#54 × 12months). And in 20 years I should have #12,960… another chicken change but I don’t advise anyone to keep just 5k, why not make it your bank where you keep your money and look for other opportunities with me as we look for opportunities, financial institution and the likes where we can make so much more.

I personally love SIMM cos it operates just like my former bank accounts but better because I get interest of 12.79% per annum on my money which is added on a daily basis. I now save my money from time to time on SIMM and I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. It is never too late to start.

If you have any question(s) concerning this, you can ask now as I’ll be talking about another opportunity soon enough.

I hope this write up has been of great help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by philip0906(m): 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2019
What in the world is Stambic IBTC? undecided Did you register a new bank called Stambic IBTC? We only know STANBIC IBTC not STAMBIC IBTC undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by Sam258778(m): 12:08pm On Apr 25, 2019
That was my mistake bro. I honestly meant stanbic IBTC. MY SINCERE APOLOGIES wink
Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by jjmk(m): 8:58pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sam258778:
WHY I STOPPED SAVING IN THE BANK.

Please read till the end.
I promise not to waste your time.

IMAGINATION IS OUR STRONGEST TOOL_ BASICALLY, THE ABILITY TO SEE ORDINARY THINGS IN NEW WAYS. THE FIRST THING I WILL LEAVE BEHIND ME IS FEAR. IT IS THE ENEMY OF GREATNESS, THE OPPOSITE OF FAITH. THE LONGER IT LIVES WITHIN ME, THE STRONGER IT LIVES WITHIN ME.

:A WISE MAN.

I use to keep my money in the bank. Oh, sorry, I meant to say that I’ve always been keeping my money in the bank until I decided to look into other options. What drove me to think this way was the crazy charges on my money every month? Imagine me having three bank accounts each of which I possess their ATM debit cards. Every month, nothing less than #200 is being charged from my money in each account; ranging from card maintenance to SMS charge and you know the rest…

I mean, these charges were outrageous that I started my own personal research as to where the best place to keep my money would be and not just keep but in fact grow, whether I touch it or not. Honestly speaking, it wasn’t an easy task going online for these kinds of stuffs especially since there are so many scammers out there. But the research was worth it and I was amazed to find out that there are some platforms, companies and financial institutions that have investment opportunities that I could keep my money and get interest after a period of time. (Time in this regards does not necessarily mean that you have to wait for a year_365days before collecting your interest). I also found out that some of these opportunities have at one point or the other been shared with me by family and friends at one point or the other and they are available to anyone out there.

Personally, I’ve closed down two of my bank accounts because after my calculations, I believe I needed my money too. I only operate one account now which I think I may need its card to make some quick online purchases or at POS points or perhaps do some offline transactions on phone and I’ve distributed my other small change #(lolz) across these opportunities (as I love to call them) across these platforms and financial institutions that I’m about to talk about.

The first one I’ll like to talk about is Stanbic IBTC Money Market Fund (SIMM). Don’t be scared because it still has something to do with these banks that I was talking about earlier to run away from.

SIMM is a very great opportunity organized by Stanbic IBTC bank to cater for investors with low risk appetite who don’t want exposure to the capital market but require liquidity and competitive returns available in fixed income markets.

Think of SIMM as your normal bank account but which you don’t need to walk into a banking hall to perform any of your transactions. The benefits of SIMM include the following:
• 12.79% per annum of interest (no local bank in Nigeria can give you that much)
• Competitive returns
• Daily interest earning. This means that your interest is accrued on a daily basis
• Diversification of investment portfolio
• Minimum investment of #5000
• An automated and stress free subscription process via Direct Debit Initiative (DDI) this means you can save your money on the go.
• 24 hours online access to your account.
• Flexibility and ease of liquidity and the minimum tenure for SIMM is 30 days. This means that you can decide to stop after 30 days. Also note that you can take out of your money for use at any point in time and can refund as much as you want with no hidden charges whatsoever. Also, your interest is calculated on a daily basis and is added to your money every day even when you’ve withdrawn a particular sum. Just that your interest of 12.79% per annum only accrues to the money in your account for that day.

But please bear in mind that you can start with any amount of your choice. Although if you wish to start with more than #20,000, you’ll need to walk to the bank to get some forms filled. But I started with #5,000 and I did it on my phone and I’m so happy with their customer care.

Feel free at any time of the day to reach them via their email… assetmanagement@stanbicibtc.com or reach Adedayo (from Stanbic IBTC) on 09068866275 via a phone call, SMS or a whatsapp message.

Let me explain it like this:
Let’s say I invest 5000 only, for the first month my interest would be: 12.79% per annum ÷ 12months = 1.07% of my invested 5000. Which means that I would have a total of #53.5 on my money at the end of the first month?
To calculate our interest per day: that would be 12.79% ÷ 365 days =0.035% of my invested 5k which means that by my calculations here, I stand to gain #1.75k on a daily basis on my 5k for the rest of its life in that account. (Provided I left it at #5000). Now thin about what I stand to gain if I have more money in that account.

I don’t think of this as a way to make money, rather, I think of it as an investment. So I can even decide not to touch my 5k for 20 years. Trust me its chicken change. But let’s calculate it first.
If I’m getting approximately #54 on my 5k per month… in a year I should be able to boast of #648 (#54 × 12months). And in 20 years I should have #12,960… another chicken change but I don’t advise anyone to keep just 5k, why not make it your bank where you keep your money and look for other opportunities with me as we look for opportunities, financial institution and the likes where we can make so much more.

I personally love SIMM cos it operates just like my former bank accounts but better because I get interest of 12.79% per annum on my money which is added on a daily basis. I now save my money from time to time on SIMM and I wake up every morning with a smile on my face. It is never too late to start.

If you have any question(s) concerning this, you can ask now as I’ll be talking about another opportunity soon enough.

I hope this write up has been of great help.

Can one compound his or her interest?
Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by elkon(m): 9:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
so you gain 12k for 20yr ..all is well

3 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by Sam258778(m): 9:03am On Apr 26, 2019
elkon:
so you gain 12k for 20yr ..all is well

That's how you get things all mixed up. How much have u deposited and do u plan on leaving your money @ just 5k?
Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by Sam258778(m): 9:04am On Apr 26, 2019
jjmk:

Can one compound his or her interest?

I don't get what you mean by compounding interest Pls?
Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by arimahoseloka(m): 9:28am On Apr 26, 2019
Sam258778:
That was my mistake bro. I honestly meant stanbic IBTC. MY SINCERE APOLOGIES wink
This is excellent.
Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by toyinhope: 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
This is too good to be true. i ve the mind of getting bank with good interest rate and build my capital for my proposed business. are u so sure of this because the rate is on a high side.
Re: Why I Stopped Saving In The Bank! by Sam258778(m): 10:07am On Apr 29, 2019
toyinhope:
This is too good to be true. i ve the mind of getting bank with good interest rate and build my capital for my proposed business. are u so sure of this because the rate is on a high side.
You can reach them via email or call the number there or even visit the nearest stanbic IBTC banking hall near you to get more information about this bro

(1) (Reply)

4 Easy Jobs Students Can Do To Make Money In Russia In 2020 / How Will My Post Appear On FRONTLINE? / Breaking: Oando Filling Station On Fire In Lagos ( Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.