Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Exclusive: The Absurd Truth Behind Buba Galadima’s Contempt For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive: The Absurd Truth Behind Buba Galadima’s Contempt For Buhari (453 Views)

Buba Galadima: The Man In Aso Rock Is Not The Buhari That We Used To Know / Buba Galadima & Son, Sadiq Galadimma, Involved In Car Accident. Photos / Zainab, Buba Galadima Daughter Works For The Presidency (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive: The Absurd Truth Behind Buba Galadima’s Contempt For Buhari by Comradesylva: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2019
By Toby Prince
President Muhammadu Buhari embodies principle, uncompromising irrespective of the severity of situations. Although an orthodox politician, he doesn’t speak from both sides of his mouth like the new-breeds. A fine gentleman, albeit fearless in action, courageous in deeds. These virtues puffed him away from the crowd, something between a nerd and a jerk.
Buhari didn’t have too many friends. He was too busy for that. Not a sycophant, the president drew a thin line between praise-singing and hypocrisy. He rarely trusted people but goes over the wire when he does. No wonder General Babatunde Idiagbon —a no-nonsense, never smiling soldier was so powerful a deputy, folks said at the time that he ran the government for Buhari.
Engr Buba Galadima is among an elite few who beguiled their way to the heart of the president. For 15 years, the pair were close allies, scheming to topple the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) utterly boring hegemony. Thrice they failed in 2003, 2007 and 2011. A coalition that gave birth to the All Progressive Congress (APC) was the lucky charm in 2015.
However, barely two years into the administration, Mr Galadima switched camp. He suddenly became a critic of his boss. Although his crackers weren’t entirely strange, directing at a house he helped built caused a stir.
“I wasn’t just one of the founders of APC, I was one of the nine signatories, in fact, I was number four to the formation of the party,” Mr Galadima told TheNigerian News. “ I didn’t start criticizing Buhari until two-and-a-half years into his tenure. I warned that we hadn’t kept our covenants.”
Mr Galadima recounts that he was there for the President when he had no one. He even turned down several juicy ministerial appointments from the opposition. But surprisingly, his loyalty wasn’t rewarded. “Just a reminder, when we were struggling with Buhari, he had nobody except God and us for 14-15 years,” he muttered.
“ I was offered ministerial appointment by Obasanjo govt thrice. I was offered FCT Minister by Yaradua govt. I was also offered a ministerial position by Jonathan. I didn’t take those ones and left Buhari.
“ If I can be with Buhari for such long span when he was ‘Mr Nobody’ and I endured that hardship. I had to use my own funds, I drive my own car and still assembled 12.5 million votes for him in all elections and you think I don’t deserve an appointment? “ he angrily queried.
“ If you think my qualification having been director of several federal parastatals, having been director of banks in the private sector and you think am not qualified to hold an appointment and those that are there are better people who have worked harder than me, who have more experience than me, who have more knowledge than me then I pray for you to work for someone as I did for Buhari and let that person deny you position.”
Read also: Shocking: Buba Galadima begs APC for National Secretary seat
Indeed, Mr Galamina flaunts a rich resume, proud to flaunt them. “If you look at what I had done in life before as the national youth leader of the NPN; national financial secretary of the NRC; national secretary of CPC; member board of trustees and one of the most-highly respected elders of the APP, ANPP that I helped form. A member of the national caucus and BOT of the APC,” he boasted.
Away from the political arena, he headed several lucrative government parastatals but apparently couldn’t bear an oversight by the president. ” I was the director of Delta steel company for two years one of the largest functioning industrial complex of the Federal Government. I was a director of the Ajaokuta Steel Company when more monies were spent on it than even Abuja. As well as the director of two banks, I was the director of an insurance company. I was also a DG of Nigeria Maritime Authority now called NAMESA.
” I am not fighting for myself at my age. You never knew the positions I’ve held in life. As of 1975, I was in charge of 500 million dollars under my signature in the old Rivers State. I was a Maiduguri town engineer in charge of all rural engineering projects outside Maiduguri metropolis. I was the first person to ever construct a dual carriageway in Northern Nigeria.
“Only a fool will say I was induced materially or intimidated forcefully to hold certain opinions. If you go back to the past, you will discover that I took on the PDP from Obasanjo to Yaradua then Jonathan more than I have taken on Buhari.”
Galadima returned to the opposing corner during the last general elections. He was the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP), presidential campaign spokesperson. Just days before the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) announced the election result, he was arrested for the 38th time. Mr Galadima was understandably not pleased.
“Right from the word go I never gave them any pass mark. I never envisaged that they will do better. Therefore, I’m not surprised the result came out as what they are. I don’t believe in this reconstituted INEC,” he said.
“ There are men of courage and integrity that could stand the test of time and pressure from the powers that be. And of course, one should read that whoever is in charge have a dock-handler behind him who guides him what to do. I’d say they have performed fairly above my rating.”
On his countless attacks on Mr Buhari, Galadima quipped that he is even mild on the current government
“Rather the accusation I expected is that I took on Obasanjo severally that he arrested me severally and tramped up treason charges and put underground. Even Yaradua who was my school mate as well as Jonathan, both offered me ministerial appointment yet I attacked them more than PMB. I have not fought Buhari govt one-tenth as I did to the PDP combined,” he added.
“ I had worked for General Buhari for 15 years. How much money was he giving me? So if I could leave him, if I could go through all those hardships, including 38 arrests, including treason trial and he comes to government and I leave him when people are making billions.”

source www.thenigerian.news
Re: Exclusive: The Absurd Truth Behind Buba Galadima’s Contempt For Buhari by info25th: 12:49pm On Apr 25, 2019
Re: Exclusive: The Absurd Truth Behind Buba Galadima’s Contempt For Buhari by Xisnin(m): 12:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
Sponsored fables.
Re: Exclusive: The Absurd Truth Behind Buba Galadima’s Contempt For Buhari by Peacecore: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
Doh he tried but was misguided at d eve of success by urchins like Saraki n co

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Dissolve Cabinet On May 22nd / PDP Asks Appeal Court President To Leave Presidential Poll Tribunal / Buhari To Saraki, Dogara: Our Relationship Wasn’t The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.