Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos (30127 Views)

Sights & Sounds Of Obollo Afor In Enugu State: Pictures & Video / These Amazing Drone Images Capture The Sights And Sounds Of Lagos / Sights And Sounds Of Rwanda- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by visijo(m): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
At a funeral when you see women calling their husbands one by one...follow them...
That's wia the location of beef and chicken re coming 4rm
CORRUPTION MUST COME TO AN END...!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by passyhansome(m): 6:04pm On Apr 25, 2019
GOOD
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
Wait ooo... is this a joke?strawberries grown in jos??
I doubt....
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by McAausim: 6:06pm On Apr 25, 2019
cool

Gone are the good days in jos..... cool

Shamdama water falls come to mind cool

I really enjoyed my stay in jos as a sercet service man..... cool
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by IJEYdiamond(f): 6:07pm On Apr 25, 2019
I doubt....
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by desgiezd(m): 6:10pm On Apr 25, 2019
What freaks me about Jos is the scenery.
If you are entering Jos from Akwanga and as you are approaching the roundabout that leads to Heipang Airport/Barkin Ladi, Bukuru etc, look to both sides of the road, all you see is large expanse of green fields, so beautiful. Even around the village where you have those rocks precariously placed on each other (NTA was using the picture before).
If you go to Barkin Ladi, the same feeling.
If you go to Shere Hills, the same feeling.
In those days, I used to drive alone to these fields, park at the road side and wander into the fields, they literally swallowed me up.
It was such a great feeling. If you don't visit these places, you can never appreciate nature the way God Almighty created it!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Finestteebee(m): 6:11pm On Apr 25, 2019
[quote author=christejames post=77847768]Beautiful and scenic state with so many natural and human endowment...

nostalgic feel for me...I served in Jos, i enjoyed the weather, very cool, getting a refrigerator on the plateau is just a mere luxury everything is naturally cold, the beautiful girls, the fresh fruits, the beautiful sight of hills and mountains, the multi talented Jos guys(very good in playing football and singing) the nice clubs...I miss j-town...from Terminus, gada biu, Anglo, apata, rwang Pam,mista Ali,bukuru etc

8 Likes

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Newmans: 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
This is b4 not present.

1 Like

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Timbi: 6:14pm On Apr 25, 2019
See TOMATO JOS

1 Like

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by okoroemeka(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
Benekruku:
How do Jos women look like

Tall or short

Endowed, petit or Extra-large

Tell me about the women, I have not fvcked a Plateau state babe before.
I visited my cousin in Jos and he told me to observe the ladies very well ,if I can notice anything, well I did noticed that 90% have big boobs,I don't know of the weather or Gene is to blame,but to be a man in Jos will definitely be interesting.

1 Like

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by kulboy247(m): 6:15pm On Apr 25, 2019
Proudly JOS born and brought up cool
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by SamOyovwi: 6:16pm On Apr 25, 2019
Very very useless
razy75:
First picture is useless. Believe me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Kingspin(m): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
Talk to ISIS members
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by desgiezd(m): 6:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
sparog:
Beautiful place

I heard the weather in Jos is very cool and snow do fall, Op is that true?

The weather is truly cool, very cool. You could be walking in the sun and you won't sweat. This is a city where almost everyone has a jacket. During raining season, you feel the coldness of the weather in your bones. In the night you would use like 3 wrappers to cover yourself.
Snows falls once in a while during rainfall but unlike the snowfall you have in Europe.
Jos is a well endowed town where God did some extra work. It is a town I'm in love with

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Naanlong01: 6:20pm On Apr 25, 2019
Be informed people ! Jos is just another cold local government in Plateau but not the coldest, i tell you. Mangu local govt is colder while Pankshin Local govt is the coldest in the state while Shendam local govt where the sitting governor hails from is the hottest, i mean very hot in the dry season. One thing is clear about Plateau, it has a distinctive weather.

4 Likes

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by AZAJOBINSON(m): 6:21pm On Apr 25, 2019
IJEYdiamond:

I doubt....
yes. strawberries are very much cultivated in Jos and that takeaway you seeing goes for less than #500 by the roadside.

1 Like

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by AnthonyAk(m): 6:23pm On Apr 25, 2019
strawberries in jos?

1 Like

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by crazycrypto710: 6:26pm On Apr 25, 2019
Jtown has always being a sweet town to be, was there during the break. With all that being said, let's get back to the car ish..

I am looking for a 2008-2010 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 6speed Manual transmission. #clean AutoJoshNG AutoReportNG
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by kulboy247(m): 6:27pm On Apr 25, 2019
According to my dad.. i was born in feringada.. we now moved to nasarawa rd.. then to Apata and finally to busabuji close to people's hotel.. i attended salama and ekwa bichara .... oh the good old days... I miss Jos.. we left cos of the 2003 crisis.. coming to the east has been and will always be my regrets in life... I love J-Town... smiley

6 Likes

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Josh79(m): 6:29pm On Apr 25, 2019
soberdrunk:
They grow strawberries in Jos? angry
YES

2 Likes

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by kulboy247(m): 6:32pm On Apr 25, 2019
desgiezd:

The weather is truly cool, very cool. You could be walking in the sun and you won't sweat. This is a city where almost everyone has a jacket. During raining season, you feel the coldness of the weather in your bones. In the night you would use like 3 wrappers to cover yourself.
Snows falls once in a while during rainfall but unlike the snowfall you have in Europe.
Jos is a well endowed town where God did some extra work. It is a town I'm in love with
No be lie bro.. i suffer from pneumonia today is cos of the cold weather in Jos.. i can remember my elder sis boiling water to wash plates... grin
desgiezd:

No be lie bro.. i suffer from pneumonia today cos of the cold weather in Jos.. i can remember my elder sis boiling water to wash plates...

2 Likes

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by bionixs: 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
AutoReportNG:
The land is green...
now I see the reason why these beasts called fulanis have decided to die there by fire by force

2 Likes

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Josh79(m): 6:33pm On Apr 25, 2019
Proud to be from J-Town, home of Peace and Tourism.
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by stamapro(m): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
I feel you.

ariyebaba:
I enjoyed my one years National Youth Service Programme in Jos, Plateau State aeons ago.

The following places comes to mind :

* University of Jos

* Naraguta Leather works inside UNIJOS

* Terminus Market

* Gwom Gwom Jos Palace

* Trade Center

* Rwang Pam Stadium ( Passing out )

* Yakubu Gowon Way

* Millionaires Quarters

* Anguldi

* Bukuru

* National Veterinary Institute - VOM

* K-VOM

* National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies ( NIPSS) - Kuru

and many other places of interests

Met nice tribe/people like the Beroms, angas .................etc

Sho, kaja Sho grin
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Yuneehk(f): 6:36pm On Apr 25, 2019
desgiezd:
What freaks me about Jos is the scenery.
If you are entering Jos from Akwanga and as you are approaching the roundabout that leads to Heipang Airport/Barkin Ladi, Bukuru etc, look to both sides of the road, all you see is large expanse of green fields, so beautiful. Even around the village where you have those rocks precariously placed on each other (NTA was using the picture before).
If you go to Barkin Ladi, the same feeling.
If you go to Shere Hills, the same feeling.
In those days, I used to drive alone to these fields, park at the road side and wander into the fields, they literally swallowed me up.
It was such a great feeling. If you don't visit these places, you can never appreciate nature the way God Almighty created it!
I'm telling you! It's not called the home of peace and tourism for nothing sake. The crisis just turned a once peaceful Plateau to a war zone. The rocks, the vast lowlands that has very nice views, some places with their cactus plants as "gates/demarcation", lovely weather when it's not hot cheesy
Life's beautiful there really

1 Like

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by OgaBuhari: 6:38pm On Apr 25, 2019
sparog:
Beautiful place

also heard same true but I doubt it

1 Like

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by OgaBuhari: 6:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
sparog:
Beautiful place

also heard same but I doubt it
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by mikaael(m): 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
ariyebaba:
I enjoyed my one years National Youth Service Programme in Jos, Plateau State aeons ago.

The following places comes to mind :

* University of Jos

* Naraguta Leather works inside UNIJOS

* Terminus Market

* Gwom Gwom Jos Palace

* Trade Center

* Rwang Pam Stadium ( Passing out )

* Yakubu Gowon Way

* Millionaires Quarters

* Anguldi

* Bukuru

* National Veterinary Institute - VOM

* K-VOM

* National Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies ( NIPSS) - Kuru

and many other places of interests

Met nice tribe/people like the Beroms, angas .................etc

Sho, kaja Sho grin

Alalome?
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by panmunium(m): 6:51pm On Apr 25, 2019
Very beautiful place indeed, just miss the weather, friendly people, cheap and readily available foodstuffs and easy going babes

2 Likes

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Peejay100: 6:53pm On Apr 25, 2019
Who ever post dat picture is an enemy of jos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by tolguy(m): 6:56pm On Apr 25, 2019
adecz:
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Jos is a beautiful, was once peaceful town, but the Muslim hausas & Fulani have turned it into a killing field.
So serene with interesting, peace loving indigenes, landscape, unique weather and agro produce.
It was a place any Nigerian could decide to retire to..... But alas, the settlers decided to try to snatch it and turn it into a Muslim town.
That is the summary of the cause of the whole problem on the plateau.

idiots full nairaland
Re: Jos: The Sight And Sounds Of The Land Of Peace - Photos by Mariangeles(f): 6:57pm On Apr 25, 2019
adecz:
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Jos is a beautiful, was once peaceful town,
but the Muslim hausas & Fulani have turned
it into a killing field.

So serene with interesting, peace loving
indigenes, landscape,
unique weather and agro produce.

It was a place any Nigerian could decide
to retire to..... But alas, the settlers decided
to try to snatch it and turn it into a Muslim
town.

That is the summary of the cause of
the whole problem on the plateau.

That is so sad !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Knows This Young Man Who Was Killed In A Fatal Accident In Kaduna. Graphic / Charter Airlines Defy Flight Ban, Fly Rich Nigerians Abroad / Confusion As Lagos-Bound Passenger Dies At Abuja Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.