Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou (8160 Views)

Nigeria Moves Up 5 Places In Corruption Index, Ranks 145th Out Of 180 Countries / Nigeria Moves Against Illegal Chinese Miners, Others / Ease Of Doing Business: Nigeria Moves Up 15 Places To 131 In Global Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by Ironi: 8:06am On Apr 26, 2019
GavelSlam:

There has always been free movement in west Africa.

Do you get a visa when you visit Ghana?

The aim is To facilitate trade and free movement of people and not the migration of miscreants from one country to the other, we might as well remove all borders and cancel sovereignty.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by RealityShot: 8:14am On Apr 26, 2019
GavelSlam:

You don't pay any money to anybody.

I've made the trip to places like Equatorial guinea, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Togo, no visa needed.

No pay demanded.
so what do you use to go to those places? (document)
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by bizhop01: 8:22am On Apr 26, 2019
Meaning my ECOWAS certificate will be invalid,
any idea about grace period?
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by GavelSlam: 8:23am On Apr 26, 2019
RealityShot:
so what do you use to go to those places? (document)

As anywhere in the world, a travel passport.

This new scheme aims to do away with the passport, utilising an identity card as done in the EU.

Note: a passport is not s visa but establishes identity and nationality.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by meobizy(f): 8:28am On Apr 26, 2019
Is it everyday they introduce a new passport type?
In the past six years I have changed my international passport three times without any benefit or change whatsoever.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by Ironi: 8:30am On Apr 26, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
I'm still wonder what Nigeria benefiting from so called Africa countries. We have a lot of problem facing us as a country. We should stop pretending and stop thinking as if everything is well.

I agree, the real aim is to facilitate trade and free movement of people but that is not working.

If you take a country like Ghana and Nigeria , it has only benefited Nigeria with Nigerian companies established in Ghana and making huge profits yearly and all Ghana gets is the migration of unemployed Nigerian lawless and criminals and kidnappers bent on making Ghana chaotic.

Nigeria knows what it’s doing, it is only interested in exporting it’s miscreants to other West African countries. It has a lot of them.

Meanwhile, Nigerian is adapting trade protectionism and would not even allow certain Ghanaian products to enter Nigeria.

This ECOWAS shit would not work the way it’s designed to, it would only result in the destabilization of the West African region by the unchecked and uncontrolled and lawless rabbit-like population of Nigeria.

Say No to ECOWAS and let everybody keep their garbage in their country !!
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 26, 2019
tribalistseun:
I'm not touched or impressed. 2013 I enrolled for the NIMC card and this is 2019 I still haven't seen the MasterCard ID card on anyone.

As long as the Nigerian government is piloting the project for Ecowas, forget it no need to be excited.

if you think is a way for APC thieves to make money raise your hand up.
I enrolled during mid 2012 and got the card mid 2015
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by Kolping: 9:13am On Apr 26, 2019
Step by step, the one world government is being put into place.
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by wanger50(m): 9:46am On Apr 26, 2019
It should be noted that Fulanis deliberately seeks to frustrate the issuance of any form of national identity cards as this will work against their kinsmen from other ECOWAS nations from freely crossing into Nigeria.Which is why they are here supporting this regional identification system
Re: Nigeria Moves To Implement Biometric ECOWAS Card With $41M Mou by Horus(m): 1:15pm On Apr 26, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr7WnrSYjnA

Nigeria approves issuance of ECOWAS biometric cards

(1) (2) (Reply)

Plateau Group Accuses Tallen, Dimka, Others Of Being PDP Mole In APC / Is Nigeria At War? Look At The Situation Of Abuja Right Now Because Of Tinubu / 16 Facts About Libya?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.