Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report (15738 Views)

Mace Theft: DPO Of National Assembly Transfered To Yobe Over Arrest Of Suspects. / Mace Theft: I Won’t Answer Your Questions, Omo-agege Tells Investigative Panel / Mace Theft: National Assembly Committee Summons Omo-Agege, Ndume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by dre11(m): 11:00am On Apr 26, 2019
By Onwuka Nzeshi

The senator representing Delta Central Senatorial District in the upper chamber of the National Assembly, Senator Ovie Omo-Agege, is currently at risk of prosecution and six months imprisonment. That is as the two chambers of the National Assembly move to take final steps on the infamous invasion of the Senate chambers and the snatching of the mace about a year ago.

The invasion of the chambers of the Senate, which occurred on Wednesday April 18,2018, threw the legislature into a momentary panic as some hoodlums suspected to have entered the hallowed chamber with Omo-Agege on that fateful day forcefully took away the mace. Although the mace was recovered under the bridge near the Abuja City Gate two days later, the National Assembly has been probing the circumstances that led to the unfortunate incident that saw some unknown persons breaking through all the security checks at the National Assembly. An Adhoc Committee of the Senate and House of Representatives was set up to investigate the incident and unravel the mystery. New Telegraph gathered that the report of the Adhoc Committee, which investigated the invasion has been slated for debate next week.

A source in the Senate confirmed that the Adhoc Committee headed by Senate Deputy Majority Leader. Senator Bala Ibn Na’Allah, actually completed its work some months ago but the exigencies of time particular during the election season had not permitted its consideration. It was also gathered that a similar Adhoc Committee of the House of Representatives which also investigated the matter has also completed its assignment and would also consider the report of its findings next week. New Telegraph learnt that the two chambers might be considering their separate reports on the same day to ensure they dispensed with the matter before the expiration of the life span of the 8th National Assembly.

A source familiar with workings of the investigative committees said the reports indicted Omo-Agege and some other major actors for their alleged roles in the invasion and mace snatching saga. According to the source, all those indicted have been recommended for appropriate sanctions as contained in the Legislative Powers and Privileges Act which recommended a minimum of six months imprisonment for the obstruction of lawmakers in the performance of their legislative duties. Omo-Agege was reportedly indicted on the strong suspicion that the hoodlums who violated the rules by invading the red chambers and snatching the mace were in his entourage and acted on his instructions.

The lawmaker had defied a suspension order placed on him and resumed duties at plenary that fateful morning in the company with some strange elements. Although Omo-Agege would have been sent on another suspension, he was quick to approach the courts for an order restraining the Senate from taking any drastic action against him. Sources in the know about the report said that the report classified some actions as major and minor culprits and that punish, nets were recommended accordingly.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/04/mace-snatching-omo-agege-risks-prosecution-six-months-jail-report/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Amuocha: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2019
Ok.

Same touts from APC grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by PapaBaby: 11:47am On Apr 26, 2019
If he was in opposition party would this have dragged on like this?

I will advise PDP to steal the mace and never return it if Lawan wins senate presidency.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Sagamaje(m): 1:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Agege tout must be in a state of prison cogitation right now grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by mushystuff: 1:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
I hope they follow through and that the courts clearly disqualify him from the Senate so that he will learn the very hard lessons of being a consummate foöl!

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:20pm On Apr 26, 2019
grin grin grin grin Saraki and his dying ipob Supporters won't stop amusing me.

Recommend Ko, Recommend Ni.

Omo Agege, the In coming Deputy Senate President..

Carry Go.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Gandollar(f): 1:46pm On Apr 26, 2019
No matter the recommendations, he will go Scott free because he's a buhari boy.

The one that will crush him will be the court case against him by his co-zombies in Delta APC.

3 Likes

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by donigspain(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
N O T H I N G W I L L H A P P E N

4 Likes

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Bizibi(m): 2:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
Nothing go happen.....

1 Like

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by akilo1: 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
When saraki and dogora tenure don expire? grin
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by spartan50(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
Waste of time
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Pentools(m): 2:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
I rather worry about improving my skill on cooking beans perfectly well and also how to dance "leg work n GBE body eh" so fvcking well rather than think about what's happening in that upper chamber or Nigeria at large.

At times I wonder if there's anybody from Nigeria that will actually make heaven. We are thieves in one way or the other, either directly, hands of extension, association or environment. Let dem sell Nigeria n share the money amongst all...

#EndNigeria!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by christianzest: 2:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
well, what is my own dia,
shebi the inprisonment no go affect im account naaa
so na big boy im wan go do for prison be that
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Chimaokigwe: 2:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
NgeneUkwenu:

Carry Go.

So, Omo Agege would take the highest seat ever occupied by an Igbo man in the last 10 years?

Igbos are finished. The way things are going, it is coffee Igbos would be serving in that NASS las las.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Blue3k(m): 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2019
Lol u guys waited a year to start barking. They should have punished this clown a long time ago. Second why is NASS complex so insecure.
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by GoodGodmykeeper(m): 2:16pm On Apr 26, 2019
Hmm
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by ArmaniUhuru: 2:17pm On Apr 26, 2019
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:

Carry Go.
[/s]

Trash as usual.

Omo Agege will only be deputy senate president in your ancestral village shrine. Yimu

2 Likes

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Guyman02: 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
He is an APC member, Buhari does not obey court orders, nothing go happen

1 Like

Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Rollins777(m): 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
I laugh
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Acedave1(m): 2:18pm On Apr 26, 2019
this man is a disgrace to his tribe
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Bustincole(m): 2:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
Jail term to a senator like dis is like tour
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by kaen1317: 2:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
impossicant. when he is doing apc bidding?
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Abbeyme: 2:25pm On Apr 26, 2019
Dem never forget that small play?
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by Kenturkey048(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

So, Omo Agege would take the highest seat ever occupied by an Igbo man in the last 10 years?

Igbos are finished. The way things are going, it is coffee Igbos would be serving in that NASS las las.
most times I read your comment it appears like this vsjndhgsgebsbshbssgbsbyssjnnsjdh to me.
Re: Mace Snatching: Omo-agege Risks Prosecution, Six Months Jail – Report by martineverest(m): 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
akilo1:
When saraki and dogora tenure don expire? grin
no mind dem....dey are wasting their time

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: North Can't Afford To Let Tinubu Down - Kashim Shettima / Senate Moves To Amend 1999 Constitution With 13 Bills.. / Senators In Closed-door Meeting Over Ig's Non-appearance Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.