Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Programming Really Is For The Young - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programming Really Is For The Young (4989 Views)

New To Programming! Really Neeed Help / Please What Really Is Object Oriented Programming. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2010
Am interested oohh, but dont know where to start from, happy to see dis tread.
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by Mobsync(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2010
start young retire early.
No show jo.
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by paule: 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2010
There is strong point to what the poster said, i agree with him. however, it depends on the environment i had interest in programming at an early age (12-16) but no guide until i was 19 but now thank God i still guided myself and now i have developed many softwares that are running in the industry
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by VALIDATOR: 7:52am On Sep 22, 2010
Being great in all professions in life require that you put passion into it for a considerable length of time. It is a lot easier to put in this passion when your daily bread is not dependent on it and that is when you are still being fed,housed and clothed and you have not started watching cnn to be bothered about impending disasters. In short,you need the mind of a kid to get it right.
Programming requires a higher degree of concentration than most other professions. If you are already an adult and you want to learn programming,you will have to start under a condition that does not require it to be tied to your daily bread and is deadline free.
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by Albato(m): 6:37pm On Sep 22, 2010
Young people do well in programming because they have all the time in the world. Less responsibilities. Older people who started early have all the experience. They do very well too.
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by youngestpr(m): 3:17pm On Sep 25, 2010
new to programming and want to know if it is possible to learn programming all by oneself
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by okeyxyz(m): 4:09pm On Sep 25, 2010
youngestpr:

new to programming and want to know if it is possible to learn programming all by oneself

of course it's possible to learn programming on ur own, but very challenging. the best help 4 u is d company of other programmers, dat way u r always inspired to sit up & catch up. it's gonna greatly complement & enhance d other 2 factors which r interest & time. so get hooked up. cheers.
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by okeyxyz(m): 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2010
deco2come:

The main important thing is whether you have interest on it or not. A very good friend of my started programming at the age of 27. Now he is earning a good living with it. He knows PHP, ASP, JAVASCRIPT, C++, Java, Ruby,Python,CSS,HTML,AJAX, C sharp.

He dedicated his time to it. And to make it more interesting, he studied everything on his own.

can u pls tone down ur fonts. it looks like u r yelling. ok?
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by xammy(m): 3:20am On Sep 26, 2010
No help yet
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by misaac: 3:39pm On Sep 28, 2010
the guys that are interested in programming should contact me at michaelisaac {at) clicknigeria dot com. i'm not a proffessional programmer, i'm just learning but I have the advantage of a mentor, my senior brother is a programmer. I started learning this month since and i find it interesting. But I would love to work with other young programmers, I am under 20 and I believe that if we form a community, we could be really helpful to each other. What do you guys think?
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by stanlink(m): 7:46pm On Sep 28, 2010
Hello sir i need help with my FORTRAN assignment can i post them to ur bor
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by misaac: 2:18pm On Oct 01, 2010
I can't help you with fortran, if you were asking me. i'm truly sorry about that. and i am by no means a sir.
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 08, 2011
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by effile(m): 5:56pm On Jun 08, 2011
hey guys,pls am aspiring to become a computer programmer but am not really good at maths and a guy told me maths is inevitable in that field. Am really confuse, i dont know what to do! And pls does object oriented programming involves maths? cry
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by dustydee: 4:15pm On Jun 09, 2011
snthesis:

there is a difference btw 1st class and 2.1, anybodi can learn programming and be good @ it @ any age, but to create a genius u nid to start early.
a late start inhibits your creative spark, as u are generally distrated my a whole lotta stuffs, but then there are exceptions to evry rule.
didn't know you were into programming. tot you were one of those playboys. was surprised to see beaf and ekt bear here too. Keep it up.That leaves only 190 as the most prominent NFA on Nairaland.
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by candylips(m): 11:20am On Jun 10, 2011
the myth of the genius programmer undecided
Re: Programming Really Is For The Young by mickey45: 7:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
okeyxyz:
@Dolemite, Hi, i'd heard dat scientist report on BBC earlier this year. Good 2 b reminded again. thx.
curious: u r a non-believer of what?

"A book just came out on it it's called "Outliers" and was written by Malcolm Gladwell

(1) (2) (Reply)

Be Sincere, Is Programming That Lucrative? / Please Help! Difficulty In Deploying A Finished And Running Vb.net Project / How To Add Icon To Visual Basic 6.0 Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.