Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Unstable Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unstable Religion (241 Views)

Could Dtruthspeaker A.k.a Truespeak Be Mentally Unstable? / Exposed! Bisola Johnson Lied Against TB Joshua , Mentally Unstable (video) / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unstable Religion by Eeonn(m): 3:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
I was chatting with a friend and he made a statement that made me wonder “my religion might have been unstable” or is it my fate, would it be love for “Sophia”.

For all I can remember, it all started at a Baptist Church, when I learned songs like “father Abraham” and other awesome songs in Sunday school class. I must reiterate it was an experience, my neighbors took us to their church, as there was no one attending church in the house back then… Abel and Alero “oh Alero… just like Johnny’s #findingefe, wish I could have found you before I tied the not” took us to the church, quickly I blended in and that was how I kept rising in the children’s department but it was time to pack to our permanent residence ….

The move resulted to a change in denomination, I was smashed into the catholic belief and there I was again expected to blend in, I enjoyed it while it lasted but there were lots of questions about practices but I stayed true to faith, i joined different associations and kept searching my own beliefs in the faith but there were gaps everywhere, I wanted much more that I was offered . Am I saying those who believe are wrong ? Certainly not, but I was in search of my faith.

In 2017, Delsu admission came calling and I made up my mind not to continue and rather search to discover for myself one that suited me, finally I was introduced to the Pentecostal movement and then I fell in love, as usual I got engrafted and then fell in deep but yet did my yearning get filled ? Certainly NO …

“I am a loyalist” he said to me in our conversation and I began to think to myself “could it be I’m just a radical?” Or is something fundamentally wrong with religion?

Does it have a way to selling you hope and then you get to the end and see there is nothing actually there and the goal post has been shifted.

Could it be that what I’m search of doesn’t exist or the wrong route had been taken?

What’s your take ?

Comments please

Re: Unstable Religion by mollie12: 3:02am On Apr 28, 2019
In all your story, there is no mention of finding God. Were you looking for religion, or where you looking for God?

"You will seek me and you will find me, when you search for me with all your heart" - God. This is in Jeremiah 29:13.

God wants you to find Him. God wants you to know Him.

"Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD"

He has given us the Bible, to learn about Him. And the Holy Spirit, to lead us in truth. And He can give us wisdom, if we ask Him (James 1:5).

(1) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Shares Near Nude Photo / What Is The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See Apple / The God We Serve Is A Mighty Dragon With Flames Of Fire Everyone Should Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.