Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules (16648 Views)

Supreme Court Rules Against UK’s Plan To Send Asylum Seekers To Rwanda / Imelda Acosta Sentenced To Jail / Ghana To Jail Pastors, Prophets Who Give Negative Prophecies To The Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2019
Beulah77:
Africa is really a shithole and a dark contunent

In Thailand and Japan, insult the king, or the emperor...and you go to jail under tough les majeste laws.

How about North Korea...insult the Dear leader...and dissapear for life in one of their gulags.

China...criticise the leadership...jailtime.

Many former soviet republics...do the same...jailtime.

Care to revise your comment , sir.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by 9jvirgin(m): 5:16pm On Apr 26, 2019
tactius:

In Thailand and Japan, insult the king, or the emperor...and you go to jail under tough les majeste laws.

How about North Korea...insult the Dear leader...and dissapear for life in one of their gulags.

China...criticise the leadership...jailtime.

Many former soviet republics...do the same...jailtime.

Care to revise your comment , sir.?

Are all these countries practicing Democracy Care to revise your comment?

2 Likes

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 26, 2019
9jvirgin:

Thailand and Japan are constitutional monarchies ie democracies that happen to have a monarch..(see the UK, for example)

Most soviet countries are democracies too
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by tillaman(m): 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2019
President Paul Kagame The Realest OG!!! I love what you are doing to Rwanda!!
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Martin0(m): 5:30pm On Apr 26, 2019
gypsey:
Really? please how can i get a visa to switzerland?

who nor go nor go know oogrin you wan go Switzerland?
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Martin0(m): 5:34pm On Apr 26, 2019
gypsey:
Really? please how can i get a visa to switzerland?

Oga nor be UK passport holder you be?see Switzerland Na visa free country for any UK passport holder!

2 Likes

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
Martin0:

Oga nor be UK passport holder you be?see Switzerland Na visa free country for any UK passport holder!
I was just trying to see if they are scammers. grin Ofcourse, i can drive from london to switzerland if i wanted. now, they will see that i am just trying to catch them out.
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2019
Martin0:

who nor go nor go know oogrin you wan go Switzerland?
I jus wan see wetin dem go say. grin chai! my nyash don open now.
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 26, 2019
donaldde2:
A country where u are limited to express ur freedom of speech...

Over to over sabi talk talk o
Insult has now become freedom of speech ba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Martin0(m): 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2019
gypsey:
I was just trying to see if they are scammers. grin Ofcourse, i can drive from london to switzerland if i wanted. now, they will see that i am just trying to catch them out.

yeah yeah OK,u for give me sign na
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Martin0(m): 6:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
gypsey:
I jus wan see wetin dem go say. grin chai! my nyash don open now.

hahahahahahahgringrin
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by psucc(m): 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2019
Whaoh! But before the pigs was the Lais, the Buharis, the Kwankwasos, et al. Would you have also jailed them then? Whatever you see today, was here since 2014.
midolian:
If we try this in Nigeria, many pigs wee rot in jail grin grin

How sweet! grin
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 26, 2019
Martin0:

yeah yeah OK,u for give me sign na
no wahala, it doesn't matter. grin

You sef suppose kno say i fit enter switzerland without visa.
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Greatzeus(m): 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2019
How will they track online insults from faceless forums and blogs from millions of people? Unless they don't want to do any meaningful thing again apart from arresting those who insults the President.
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by balonaija(f): 6:33pm On Apr 26, 2019
I don't believe this.
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by mvem(m): 6:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
blackpanda:
And this is the rwanda some foolish born by mistake nigerians are praising Ozuo kpataki
...Don't show your ignorance here...Rwanda is ranked as one of the most progressive African countries by the western world. Considering the genocide they went through, Kagame has made the country the fastest developing in Africa and he is respected all round the world

1 Like

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by sowilli: 6:38pm On Apr 26, 2019
Wisdom to rule simple. In America the chances of hate speech causing a war is negligble, a reason why you Trump can be insulted anyhow but it’s different in Africa. We need more of these laws.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by sowilli: 6:39pm On Apr 26, 2019
Greatzeus:
How will they track online insults from faceless forums and blogs from millions of people? Unless they don't want to do any meaningful thing again apart from arresting those who insults the President.
actually, Rwandans are very law abiding.
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by SachaBastien(m): 6:41pm On Apr 26, 2019
This erstwhile broomstick looking Rwandan President is stretching his inelastic luck too thin. He seems to be doing well especially with the economy in so much that Rwandans handed him a third term via a referendum which adjusted the constitution but he is letting it get to his head. If Rwandans can't speak ill of him, they will do ill.
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
Another African dictator loading
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
hisexcellency34:
President of Rwanda is a stupid, useless , crazy, HIV infested fellow. Come and jail me ooo

But seriously, Kagame is one of Africa's finest presidents
If Kagame were to be the president of Nigeria, trust me, Nigerians would find fault with him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by sharpwriter(m): 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2019
ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
He's a durllad, stupid, clown, clueless, bastard, in fact thunder will fire Rwanda presidency and all his cabinet. All the judiciary that rule are also mad.

Where do you reside, sweetheart? wink
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Lumig: 7:37pm On Apr 26, 2019
Tintinnoty:
Who's insulting this man? He's doing wonders in that country
if you cut your head for the people those who will still complain will do. It is impossible to please all
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by ifyboy60(m): 7:40pm On Apr 26, 2019
midolian:
If we try this in Nigeria, many pigs wee rot in jail grin grin

How sweet! grin

if we tried it in Nigeria, Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola and the rest of the APC minions would still be in jail since 2015.
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Rossikk(m): 7:51pm On Apr 26, 2019
9jvirgin:

So they get a pass for NOT practicing democracy?

Can you see how dumb you are?

The African countries that are at least TRYING to evolve democratic systems, you are insulting and calling them dark continent and 'shithole'.

The anti-democratic, zero election TYRANNIES and repressive dictatorships around the world that jail and murder their people daily, you refuse to criticise ''since they are not practicing democracy''.

MOSQUITO BRAIN.

1 Like

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Rossikk(m): 7:53pm On Apr 26, 2019
mvem:
...Don't show your ignorance here...Rwanda is ranked as one of the most progressive African countries by the western world. Considering the genocide they went through, Kagame has made the country the fastest developing in Africa and he is respected all round the world

The highlighted part shows you are conditioned and mentally colonised.

Next time please just say 'international community'.

It is not only ''the western world'' that admires Kagame for his efforts, OK?

''The western world'' constitutes under 20% of the world. Learn about other regions. God created them too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:07pm On Apr 26, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Have you been there or you're relying on beer parlour stories?
educate ursef with google please... Rwanda is the new face of Africa...
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Gerrard59(m): 9:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
Paul Kagame emulated Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore. However, this law is too extreme. Lee never instituted a law prohibiting opponents from insulting him (although there were laws against inciting statements which still exists), but ensured that he sued anyone who accuses him without evidence. Even his son, Lee Hisen Loong, current PM follows same principle.

I do understand that societies differ and laws should be formulated based on the norms but this is just too extreme.

2 Likes

Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by Martin0(m): 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
gypsey:
no wahala, it doesn't matter. grin
You sef suppose kno say i fit enter switzerland without visa.
grin abi
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by AngelicBeing: 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2019
Agbaletu:
Either supreme court ruled it or not, no Rwandan can insult President Kagame. The person will be arrested if not shot immediately.
Gbam grin
Re: Insult The President Of Rwanda And Go To Jail - Supreme Court Rules by mvem(m): 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2019
Rossikk:

The highlighted part shows you are conditioned and mentally colonised.

Next time please just say 'international community'.

It is not only ''the western world'' that admires Kagame for his efforts, OK?

''The western world'' constitutes under 20% of the world. Learn about other regions. God created them too.

guy if you are well informed you will know within africa , Rwanda is respected because of there developlemt...no1 in africa in gdp growth, about 50%of women in government more than any african country, ICT is at no 1 in africa together with kenya ecetera ecetera...please go check yourself and know why Kagame is very well respected in Africa ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sierra Leone Abolishes Death Penalty / Benin Republic Legalises Abortion / Inspiring Quotes From Nelson Mandela On Leadership, Change And Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.