Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) (1557 Views)

PSG Set To Beat City To Messi After Neymar Asked To Bring Former Teammate / Photos Of The Pilot And The Plane Missing With Emiliano Sala Of Cardiff City / Cardiff Striker, Emiliano Sala Feared Dead After Plane Crash (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) by AbujaBlue: 5:22pm On Apr 26, 2019
It follows news of the death of tragic Cardiff City striker Emiliano Sala's father on Friday morning

A close friend of Argentine striker Emiliano Sala has been killed in a car crash, according to local media.

Marca Argentina and several other outlets report Sebastian Rabellino, a footballer at Sala's first club San Martin de Progreso, was killed last week in a car accident.

Reports claim the 24-year old was behind the wheel of his car when it crashed into a truck in Santa Fe province.

Four other people were believed to have been in the vehicle, all of whom escaped with minor injuries.

Rabellino was a team mate and close friend of Sala, who was killed in January when the plane he was travelling in crashed into the English Channel.

Pilot David Ibbotson remains unaccounted for.

Sala's death sparked tributes from across the footballing world, including from friend Rabellino, who posted a picture of the pair from 2014 on his Twitter page, shortly after the news was confirmed.

Rabellino was also pictured at Sala's wake in his home town, laying down a San Martin shirt with 'Emi' on the back.

Both players came through the ranks of the Argentinian club, who paid their own tribute to 'Emi' by releasing a special commemorative shirt.

In light of this latest tragedy, the club once again took to social media to pay tribute to both players.

In a touching Instagram post, the club wrote: "Seba, set Emi up to score because together you will score the most beautiful goal."

The horrific crash comes amid news Sala's father, Horacio, passed away from a sudden heart attack in the early hours of Friday morning.

Julio Muller, a local politician, told Argentinian media that paramedics had tried to save his life but were unsuccessful.

"2019 doesn't let up in shocking us with news in this town," Muller said.

"At 5 o'clock in the morning, the lady, his wife, rang me and she was very upset.

"The doctors were there but when I arrived at their home, he had already died."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/emiliano-salas-friend-former-team-16187096

Pic 1: Photo from playing days at San Martin.
Pic 2: Rabellino at Sala's funeral

Re: Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 26, 2019
This is getting weird.... When we talk of supernatural happenings shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) by czarina(f): 6:01pm On Apr 26, 2019
Final Destination
Re: Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) by CreamyBanana(m): 12:15am On Apr 27, 2019
czarina:
Final Destination
i am in love with you. give me a chance.
Re: Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) by czarina(f): 12:24am On Apr 27, 2019
CreamyBanana:

i am in love with you. give me a chance.
naso.

After your yeye advice abi?
Re: Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) by TobiAbuja: 8:26pm On Apr 27, 2019
What a horrible coincidence.

1 Like

Re: Sala's Close Friend And Former Teammate Dies In Car Crash (Photos) by CreamyBanana(m): 11:56pm On Apr 28, 2019
czarina:
naso.
After your yeye advice abi?

i was just joking that time na grin

(1) (Reply)

Week 50 Pool Fixtures For Sat 17 Jun 2023 – Aussie 2023 / CAF African Player Of The Year: Zaki Dropped! / Favourite Sport???!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.