Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,795 members, 7,831,571 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs (13886 Views)

Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense / Rivers, Ebonyi, Anambra, Lagos And Kebbi Top States’ 2021 Fiscal Performance / Unemployment: Imo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers Still Nigeria’s Worst Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by dejonathan(f): 6:28am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

The mods are overwhelmed.

I don't blame the mods though, what plan does Sevn have to make Nairaland improve?
...That seun of a guy just sit down for somewhere dey make daily money and doesn't give a damn about what's going on ...Nawa o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 27, 2019
useless stats.
tell me which northern state has more employed people than any south south state.
useless propaganda
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

The person you're quoting is from Abia but he's a refugee in Abuja.

When hunger wan kill am, e run comot
is Abuja no longer the capital city? is it not being develop with revenue from the south?
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Chimaokigwe: 6:34am On Apr 27, 2019
Mk93:

is Abuja no longer the capital city? is it not being develop with revenue from the south?

Which stupid revenue?
Only the SS can talk about revenue. The SE contributes nothing. That is the fact which Igbos hate to hear.

Ondo contributes more oil than the entire SE, Kano has more IGR than the SE, Ogun has more IGR in 4 months than the SE has have in a Year.

In case the import of my post flew over your head. The hypocrite was laughing at Lagos for it's number of unemployed people whereas his own state is has the third highest unemployment percentage in Nigeria. It was unemployment that made him run to Abuja for survival.

If his Abia state had employment for him, would he be hawking Pure Bliss in Abuja?

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 27, 2019
SillyMods:

You need to educate yourself properly. Throughout the world, unwilling to work is entirely different from those willing to work but can't find jobs.
so all you guys want up north is to born,bomb yourself, stay in refugee camp and depend on free money for life?
you guys are never willing to work?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by aprilwise(m): 6:37am On Apr 27, 2019
Today is my birthday please show with 300 likes

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Chimaokigwe: 6:39am On Apr 27, 2019
Mk93:
useless stats.
tell me which northern state has more employed people than any south south state.
useless propaganda

Northerners farm.
That's why their farm produce feeds Nigeria.

You can deny it but remember when there was scarcity of tomatoes around 2015, it hit the entire country.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 6:42am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

In case the import of my post flew over your head. The hypocrite was laughing at Lagos for it's number of unemployed people whereas his own state is has the third highest unemployment percentage in Nigeria. It was unemployment that made him run to Abuja for survival.

If his Abia state had employment for him, would he be hawking Pure Bliss in Abuja?

Which stupid revenue?
Only the SS can talk about revenue. The SE contributes nothing. That is the fact which Igbos hate to hear.

Ondo contributes more oil than the entire SE, Kano has more IGR than the SE, Ogun has more IGR in 4 months than the SE has have in a Year.
Lagos was also develop with national money when it was the capital city.
not many of those running to Lagos are jobless .it is mostly lazy southwesterners in Lagos that refuse to find something reasonable doing that are increasing the unemployment rate of Lagos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Chimaokigwe: 6:44am On Apr 27, 2019
Mk93:

Lagos was also develop with national money when it was the capital city.
not many of those running to Lagos are jobless .it is mostly lazy southwesterners in Lagos that refuse to find something reasonable doing that are increasing the unemployment rate of Lagos

Calabar was the Capital before Lagos, why didn't it develop?

Lagos had an airport before Nigeria discovered oil. Lagos was developed before Nigeria had oil money and that's why Azikiwe the thief wanted to kill himself over Lagos.

Remember the Western Region was limited to Bar beach area to Ajegunle down to ilupeju. Ikeja wasn't part of it. Today Ikeja has more facilities than the entire SE combined and it wasn't part of the Federal capital.

As at when Awolowo flew by helicopter to the SS, the schoolkids he went to their school weren't wearing clothes to school.

If westerners are lazy, what is the rate of unemployment of the SW states?

2 in every 5 people in Abia are unemployed and you're talking nonsense here. No wonder Kanu lined them up in front of soldiers so that the unemployed ones can reduce

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by asiga(m): 6:45am On Apr 27, 2019
GavelSlam:
20 straight years of PDP in Delta state leaves one dizzy.

Deltans should be happy.

Let's make it 24.

It is not the party bro, it's the people
We are the cause of our own problem
We keep recycling incompetent people and celebrate them
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by GavelSlam: 6:47am On Apr 27, 2019
asiga:

It is not the party bro, it's the people
We are the cause of our own problem
We keep recycling incompetent people and celebrate them

Much as you have a point, I still say a party is made of people of similar attributes.

The people are happy with the leadership and indeed the party, so they should continue enjoying their choice.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nostradamus: 6:49am On Apr 27, 2019
So despite all the oil and gas firms around,akwa ibom and rivers still have great unemployment rate

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Northerners farm.
That's why their farm produce feeds Nigeria.

You can deny it but remember when there was scarcity of tomatoes around 2015, it hit the entire country.

come to Delta State or Edo state and see farm products being shift on daily basis to Lagos, Abuja and even Kano.
that northerners are the ones feeding Nigeria is another propaganda by northern politicians to defend the fact their citizens are mostly the poorest in Nigeria.
if they farm that much, why are they still the poorest set of humans on Earth? I use to have farms in Edo/Delta until I lost most of them to flooding this year and not many employed average people in Nigeria can take home my 2weeks earning as monthly salary. how can you say you farm when poverty is your bed?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Calabar was the Capital before Lagos, why didn't it develop?

Lagos had an airport before Nigeria discovered oil. Lagos was developed before Nigeria had oil money and that's why Azikiwe the thief wanted to kill himself over Lagos.

Remember the Western Region was limited to Bar beach area to Ajegunle down to ilupeju. Ikeja wasn't part of it. Today Ikeja has more facilities than the entire SE combined and it wasn't part of the Federal capital.

As at when Awolowo flew by helicopter to the SS, the schoolkids he went to their school weren't wearing clothes to school.

If westerners are lazy, what is the rate of unemployment of the SW states?

2 in every 5 people in Abia are unemployed and you're talking nonsense here. No wonder Kanu lined them up in front of soldiers so that the unemployed ones can reduce

I am not from the south east. just stating obvious facts. apart from Lagos, which other state in the southwest is up to scratch? I did nysc in osun and I use to spend almost the whole of my allowance in buying sandals, school uniform,pen and books for very poor students unable to afford them. instead of you to look for means to tackle the massive problem in your backyard , you are pointing your fingers far away southeast

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by prodigyhenry: 7:02am On Apr 27, 2019
aprilwise:
Today is my birthday please show with 300 likes
Why 300 likes are you clocking 300 years?

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Putinofrussia: 7:12am On Apr 27, 2019
This is not too good.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by iammo(m): 7:15am On Apr 27, 2019
smiley

Abia .... No wonder Ipob people no get job.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by radiolover(m): 7:20am On Apr 27, 2019
See money in billions everywhere and yet some of us can't boast of 2k in our pocket/bank account. This country is unfair truly.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Slurity(m): 7:35am On Apr 27, 2019
amaniro:
Why is Lagos among the top 5 Most unemployed states?? I thought some people go to Lagos to find greener pastures. At least according to Nollywood grin
Simple mathematics. Lagos has about 16million people and only around 1 million not employed. you did not think the 15 million employed is far more than about 5 states employed?

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by frankmoney(m): 7:38am On Apr 27, 2019
When I said wike has done nothing to invest in human capital , some people here were ranting up and down

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Gakin95: 7:38am On Apr 27, 2019
Am currently working on a research : risk implications of unemployment and underemployment in nigeria. I really need data for underemployment . I will be grateful if anyone one can send me a link I can get the data. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Slurity(m): 7:42am On Apr 27, 2019
I am sorry for the pathetic state of Akwa and Rivers because they don't even see this as a problem and yet they are the one collecting biggest money from FG as allocation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by grandstar(m): 7:50am On Apr 27, 2019
Past governors of Akwa Ibom and Rivers State, Akpabi and Amaechi respectively should be given lashing of their life on their bare buttocks. These 2 states shouldn't be up there in terms of these dreadful unemployment stats.

These 2 states during the boom had the cash to not only build industrial estates but also provide them with the necessary infrastructure such as 24 hour supply either through gas or using an independent generator.

They could also gave provided investment subsidies and other incentives and to lure in investors.

If these industrial estates were heavily promoted in the media including CNN and Aljazeera, there would have been a massive rush of both local and foreign investors to them.

Rather than do the above, they were spending recklessly (especially Akpabio) on monuments.

If Peter Obi of Anambra state could lure in foreign investment despite it's scarce resources, why not these states flush with cash

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Princedapace(m): 7:52am On Apr 27, 2019
RichDad1:

because every Akpan , Ekaete, Chike, Ifeoma , Wilberforce are trooping into Lagos on a daily basis because their state governments have failed them.

This is tribalistic statement.. The same way you have many yorubas trooping into Lagos.

Like I always say, Lagos is not the only south western state.

Lagos was a formal federal capital. If u shame the names u called and their state governments, also shame ur governments in other south west states.. Becus Lagos is not the only state in south west. Many none Lagos citizens from south west are also in Lagos, if we go by your logic, what are they doing there?

Lagos sef has failed. I have many people working in Lagos earning 30-25k per month..

Lagos was our FG capital for years and had many FG investments for years.

In fact, every country has one or two business hubs that no other state within the country can beat. It is normal.
So stop making it look like it is not.. There are countless hausas in Lagos too.

Almost all ibadan born is running to Lagos. Don't they have governors? Lol. My brother, stop the tribal nonsense, Nigeria as a country has failed.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by grandstar(m): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2019
Esseite:

So you calculate all the Southern women and men as willing to work while adding it to unemployment but consciously remove those in the North still on same age category 15 - 64, but tag them unwilling to work and so not in the bracket of unemployment....

WHO IS DECEIVING WHO? How does a statistics of a nation even categorize people between 16 - 64 as unwilling to work without deformity and glorify it?

NIGERIA HAS A VERY BIG PROBLEM

Globally, the unemployment rates only covers those willing to work and not those who have dropped out of the labour market.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Princedapace(m): 7:53am On Apr 27, 2019
RichDad1:

because every Akpan , Ekaete, Chike, Ifeoma , Wilberforce are trooping into Lagos on a daily basis because their state governments have failed them.
This is tribalistic statement.. The same way you have many yorubas trooping into Lagos.

Like I always say, Lagos is not the only south western state.

Lagos was a formal federal capital. If u shame the names u called and their state governments, also shame ur governments in other south west states.. Becus Lagos is not the only state in south west. Many none Lagos citizens from south west are also in Lagos, if we go by your logic, what are they doing there?

Lagos sef has failed. I have many people working in Lagos earning 30-25k per month..

Lagos was our FG capital for years and had many FG investments for years.

In fact, every country has one or two business hubs that no other state within the country can beat. It is normal.
So stop making it look like it is not.. There are countless hausas in Lagos too.

Almost all ibadan born is running to Lagos. Don't they have governors? Lol. My brother, stop the tribal nonsense, Nigeria as a country has failed.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2019
grandstar:

Globally, the unemployment rates only covers those willing to work and not those who have dropped out of the labour market.

So when they drop out of the labour market, where do they go?

Hope you are aware farming is categorised as a job in that report for employed and underemployed..

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Pinkybush: 7:55am On Apr 27, 2019
Why won't south record the highest unemployment rate when all those appointed by buhari to head all FG parastatals are from north, who in turn made sure 90% of FG jobs are given to northerners while the remaining 10% are shared among southern states. So, I am not supprise.
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by grandstar(m): 7:57am On Apr 27, 2019
SillyMods:

You need to educate yourself properly. Throughout the world, unwilling to work is entirely different from those willing to work but can't find jobs.

Standing ovation!!
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Kuginzi: 7:58am On Apr 27, 2019
Nigerians can lie!!
Who said Rivers people don't have job?
40% of the youths in Rivers are into one business or the other.
Example;
1. Militancy,
2. Oil bunkering
3. Kidnapping
4. Human Trafficking, etc
And those in this businesses are richer than the civil servants. So how do u define your own joblessness?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Holds Presidential Rally In Edo Saturday / PDP Youths Stab Delta Commissioner / Cattle Breeders Association Press Conference On Killings In Bassa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.