Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs (13880 Views)

Multidimensional Poverty: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Lead South-South States - StatiSense / Rivers, Ebonyi, Anambra, Lagos And Kebbi Top States’ 2021 Fiscal Performance / Unemployment: Imo, Akwa Ibom, Rivers Still Nigeria’s Worst Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Bbbwings: 9:23am On Apr 27, 2019
Mk93:

Only graduate works all over the world? Trying to claim common sense in stupidity
cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by BeautifulMind2: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Lol
They are rather unemployed.
That's why we saw thousands of loafers following Kanu.

By the way, it is 'tops' not 'top'.

I am giving you free education.
You know the truth, you just enjoying fooling yourself out of envy and jealous, but you rants can't stop them, the world understand Igbos better, Igbos control trade and commerce, Igbos run the Largest Business Incubation System in the world

https://www.tekedia.com/nigerian-igbos-run-the-largest-business-incubation-system-in-the-world-ted-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO7pX6ojJQ0

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 27, 2019
Basher8583:

Olodo.. aka lazy youth. Statistic was based on number of graduates. When you are a graduate you are automaticaly in the employment search bucket. Abi why did you go to school in the first place?
So how many graduates do you have from the north compared to the educated south.
SMH.... Common sense is a luxury that even you and Ben Bruce does not have

But you omitted farming which the stats even included as seasonal employment, are all the seasonal farmers graduates aswell...

Olodo too
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by biztip: 9:57am On Apr 27, 2019
d almajiri system and book haram has provided employment for d northern youths DT made rivers and akwaubom most unemployed in nigeria
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by kinguwem: 10:08am On Apr 27, 2019
The AKS government should sit up. Politics is over, the Governor should gather his think-thank & forge a way forward. He has no excuse based on the revenue allocated to the state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by arsenal33: 10:35am On Apr 27, 2019
Naijji:
Unemployment is a time bomb in Naija
so stop having too many children

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by farem: 11:02am On Apr 27, 2019
deji17:
States with less population and less revenue allocation are not as poor as Rivers and Delta sates.

Again,Where is the money?

I still wonder what magic the governor of Osun with paltry #4billion against that of Rivers with humongous #50 billion per month.
I think Aregbesola, with little he was able to show, was a wonder. Do you agree?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by farem: 11:12am On Apr 27, 2019
Cuteamigo1:
Even with all the allocations. Where are the industries and agriculture that are supposed tackle the unemployment problem. #whereisthemoney?

I join you to ask : WHERE IS THE MONEY?
Borno, Boko Haram ravaged state has performed better than all the South South states

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by frankson1(m): 11:22am On Apr 27, 2019
maybachmusic:
Akwa Ibom matter hmmm

Politician just turn the state to a political/ civil service state

No industries. Just PDP and APC noise
Rest na keke and civil service

With that money thousands of lives can be changed every month

But it ends up with capital flight

You just stated the TRUTH.

The infrastructures you will see there are Hotels and Guest Rooms.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Basher8583: 11:26am On Apr 27, 2019
Esseite:

But you omitted farming which the stats even included as seasonal employment, are all the seasonal farmers graduates aswell...

Olodo too

What nonsense is this lazy youth typing here. Is it like you still didnt get my response to you. Its obvious... comprehension is far from you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Basher8583: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2019
Mk93:

Only graduate works all over the world? Trying to claim common sense in stupidity
Please be smart here.
How do you coalate statistics of unemployed.....
1. What makes you employable in the first place. Education
2. And why should I regard someone who has not satisfied that condition as unemployed?
Is employment your birthright? No!!!. Its something to work towards attaining.
Now my Lazy youth... let this sink in from Wikipedia
Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for, where one party, which may be a corporation, for profit, not-for-profit organization, co-operative or other entity is the employer and the other is the employee.Employees work in return for payment, which may be in the form of an hourly wage, by piecework or an annual salary, depending on the type of work an employee does

Quote me if you have an inteligent counter response. I dont deal with kids
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Atigba: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2019
deji17:
Akwa Ibom, Rivers top states with high unemployment rate in 2018 third quarter – NBS

April 26, 2019

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) said Akwa Ibom State reported the highest unemployment rate of 37.7 per cent in third quarter 2018.

NBS said this in its Labour Force Statistics – Volume 2: Unemployment and Underemployment by State for Third Quarter, 2018 posted on its website.

The bureau said Rivers was the second highest reported unemployment rate with 36.4 per cent followed by Bayelsa with 32.6 per cent.

Also, Abia recorded 31.6 per cent and Borno reported 31.4 per cent unemployment rate in the quarter under review.

The report said the top five states with the highest unemployed population were Rivers (1,673,991), Akwa Ibom (1,357,754), Kano (1,257,130), Lagos (1,088,352) and Kaduna with (940,480).

It said among these five states with the highest unemployed population, Lagos state reported the lowest rate of 14.6 per cent during the quarter.

Meanwhile, the bureau said Katsina State, Jigawa, Kaduna State and Yobe recorded the highest underemployment rates of 39.5, 38.1, 31.0 and 30.0 per cent.

It said the national unemployment rate for the quarter was 23.1 per cent while the underemployment rate was 20.1 per cent.

The report said between third quarter, 2017 and third quarter of 2018, only nine states recorded a reduction in their unemployment rates despite an increase in the national unemployment rate.

The states included: Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Imo, Kaduna, Kogi, Lagos, Nasarawa, Ondo and Rivers; the same states recorded reduction in their combined unemployment and underemployment rates.

The report said six states recorded the highest gains in net full time employment between third quarter, 2017 and second quarter, 2018.

The states were Lagos adding 740,146 net full time jobs, Rivers (235,438), Imo (197,147), Ondo (142,514), Enugu (122,333), Kaduna with 118,929 jobs.

The report presents the state breakdown of the results of the Labour Force Survey earlier published by NBS.

According to NBS, unemployment and underemployment rates vary across states due to the nature of economic activity predominant in each State.

States with higher focus on seasonal agriculture tend to have higher rates of underemployment compared to unemployment.

This may swing from high full-time employment during periods of planting and harvest, when they are fully engaged on their farms to periods of high underemployment and even unemployment at other periods in between.

Meanwhile, states with a higher propensity for women to be housewives or stay home husbands or that have negative attitudes to working tend to have lower unemployment rates.

The women tend to have lower unemployment rate as they are not considered part of the labour force in the first place and as such have no bearing on the rate of unemployment.

On the methodology for arriving at the figures, the bureau said the total population in Nigeria was divided into labour force (currently active) and non-labour force (not currently active).

The labour force population covers all persons aged 15 years to 64 years who are willing and able to work regardless of whether they have a job or not.

The definition of unemployment, therefore, covers persons (aged 15–64 years) who during the reference period were currently available for work, actively seeking for work but were without work.

The non-labour force includes population below 15 years or older than 64 years as well as those within the economically active population.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/327171-akwa-ibom-rivers-top-states-with-high-unemployment-rate-in-2018-third-quarter-nbs.html

Edo should be the first, just that every youth in the state has run away abroad. Some died in the menditerenian sea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 27, 2019
Basher8583:

What nonsense is this lazy youth typing here. Is it like you still didnt get my response to you. Its obvious... comprehension is dar from you

Was even trying to be lenient and SM friendly with you... you are a dunce for categorizing a section of the people unemployed and running amok on social media, while a set of lazy dolts are up there claiming "unwilling to work" and feeding fat from the sweat of those willing and making the economy run smooth via commercialization, despite being in same age category.

If we all go with the idea of reducing unemployment via "non willing to work" who is deceiving who.. if you are unwilling to work, don't gloat at those willing and seeking for jobs while still having better living conditions.

You can now move along with your bankrupt brain.
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Basher8583: 11:46am On Apr 27, 2019
Esseite:

Was even trying to be lenient and SM friendly with you... you are a dunce for categorizing a section of the people unemployed and running amok on social media, while a set of lazy dolts are up there claiming "unwilling to work" and feeding fat from the sweat of those willing and making the economy run smooth via commercialization..

If we all go with the idea of reducing unemployment via "non willing to work" who is deceiving who..

You can now move along with your bankrupt brain.

Please dont quote me again. I prefer dialoging with inteligent people and not uninteligent ones that think with emotions rather that facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 27, 2019
Basher8583:

Please dont quote me again. I prefer dialoging with inteligent people and not uninteligent ones that think with emotions rather that facts.

What facts are you coming up with... you should not have quoted me in the first place if you dont reason fine..
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by deji17: 12:16pm On Apr 27, 2019
farem:

I still wonder what magic the governor of Osun with paltry #4billion against that of Rivers with humongous #50 billion per month.
I think Aregbesola, with little he was able to show, was a wonder. Do you agree?
Yes I do. This is why I do not agree with people that try to castigate Aregbe for poor performance. The man tried expecially on infrastructure despite poor revenue allocation from FG.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by nsivic2001: 12:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
Even with the so-called 'industralization programme' of my state government..we still top unemployment list.... Politician and their lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by OKorowanta: 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2019
maybachmusic:
Akwa Ibom matter hmmm

You know Akwa ibom finish.
You forget to add roadside chicken and roasted plaintain sellers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by oyatz(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
The problem with people like you is that you prefer highly subjective (and often misleading) emotional ratinngs to verifiable Statistical facts.

The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) have well established methods to capture artisans.
Do you think only white collar jobs are counted when computing employment or unemployment rates?
What percentage of Nigerians have white collar jobs?

Anambralstson:
[s][/s]
Q
Ignorant mind from Osun, can you provide recent oil production from oil producing states Abians are more productive than your backward states, Abia boast of highest numbers of artisans in Nigeria, which NBS couldn't capture, these artisans who make shoes, bags, belts, clothes, etc. that your people are wearing, I know you don't know road to Aba, you will seat in Your confort zone and writing rubbish, always making silly noise on IGR, you region is most indebted, least in sustainability index, 5 states in west are owning workers, with your silly claim on Ondo oil, Ebonyi state boast of more infrastructures than Ondo. I wonder when the IGRs will reduce the amount of beggers in streets of west and change the rusted roofs, mud houses that adored all your cities.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by oyatz(m): 2:04pm On Apr 27, 2019
That's the misconception you fill your mind with.
As someone who has lived in the North and really studied the Northern society, only about 5% of the Northern population (mostly educated elites) directly benefit from Government money.
The remaining , possibly due to poor levels of Education already rule themselves out of Government patronage and don't look for Government hands out, let alone depend on it.

They are mostly farmers, traders, artisans, artisanal miners, Islamic clerics, herdsmen etc.

The North practice large scale and subsistence Farming than most Southern States.

BeautifulMind2:

You mean middlebelt region grin Northerns depends on handouts from Niger-delta

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by plaindealer: 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2019
Akwa Ibom and Rivers are the first and second richest states in Nigeria. On top of that, the highest unemployment states in Nigeria are in the same SS region.

Just too sad..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by plaindealer: 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2019
Atigba:

Edo should be the first, just that every youth in the state has run away abroad. Some died in the menditerenian sea

This is not how they compile unemployment figures and people's personal choices doesn't mean unemployment.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by plaindealer: 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2019
farem:

What happened in Osun wasn't magic, it was sacrifice by the governor and the people of Osun state. The governor had a vision and his people today are the beneficiaries of his good vision.

When people were insulting Osun state and Aregbesola because of salary payments, Osun state people and their governor were sacrificing for a better tomorrow and today, Osun is the second wealthiest state in Nigeria, they have the lowest misery index rate and unemployment rate in Nigeria, lowest poverty rate in Nigeria and the most peaceful state in Nigeria and on top of that, they invested in infrastructures than the richest states in Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom and nearly all the states n the SS piled up more debt than Osun state, but Osun invested in quality infrastructure and their future while the rich SS states invested in nothing even though they are all collecting huge allocations, derivations, IGR and even NDDC funds.

Money can not buy good leadership.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Codes151(m): 3:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
But they have the highest number of graduates?

Isn’t being a houseboy better than being a coward?
Chimaokigwe:

Which your jobs?
Is it not only houseboy work you guys do?
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by maasoap(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2019
maybachmusic:
Akwa Ibom matter hmmm

I didn't know when APC started governing Akwa Ibom state or when APC noise started to affect PDP's administration in the state and prevented PDP from using the allocation to address the issues of unemployment and development

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by maasoap(m): 4:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
From Jan - Mar
Akwa Ibom state 50 billion naira
Osun State 5 billion naira
>Approximately the same population. Akwa Ibom residents need to start asking for accountability from their successive governors

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
Basher8583:

Please be smart here.
How do you coalate statistics of unemployed.....
1. What makes you employable in the first place. Education
2. And why should I regard someone who has not satisfied that condition as unemployed?
Is employment your birthright? No!!!. Its something to work towards attaining.
Now my Lazy youth... let this sink in from Wikipedia
Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for, where one party, which may be a corporation, for profit, not-for-profit organization, co-operative or other entity is the employer and the other is the employee.Employees work in return for payment, which may be in the form of an hourly wage, by piecework or an annual salary, depending on the type of work an employee does

Quote me if you have an inteligent counter response. I dont deal with kids
so what do you call an ssce graduate? don't you know secoundary school is the standard education a Nigerian should attain before being eligible for work or to run for political offices? all over the world highschool graduate are eligible for employment. even those who learn a trade are still eligible for employment. how does the useless out of piont stuff you copied from Wikipedia back your statement that only degree graduate are eligible for employment?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by plaindealer: 5:01pm On Apr 27, 2019
BeautifulMind2:

You mean middlebelt region grin Northerns depends on handouts from Niger-delta

Sad when the poor people collecting handouts from you are doing better than you giving out the handouts.

Sometimes I don't get the shameful, warped and illogical sentiments you people beat chest with.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by superlightning: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
Chimaokigwe:

Calabar was the Capital before Lagos, why didn't it develop?

Lagos had an airport before Nigeria discovered oil. Lagos was developed before Nigeria had oil money and that's why Azikiwe the thief wanted to kill himself over Lagos.

Remember the Western Region was limited to Bar beach area to Ajegunle down to ilupeju. Ikeja wasn't part of it. Today Ikeja has more facilities than the entire SE combined and it wasn't part of the Federal capital.

As at when Awolowo flew by helicopter to the SS, the schoolkids he went to their school weren't wearing clothes to school.

If westerners are lazy, what is the rate of unemployment of the SW states?

2 in every 5 people in Abia are unemployed and you're talking nonsense here. No wonder Kanu lined them up in front of soldiers so that the unemployed ones can reduce

calling abia up and down won't save you any embarrassment.

we all know how some states boast of being the economic powerhouse of Nigeria while the other suffers marginalization.

unemployment does not mean they aren't doing one or two things to survive, that I know.
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by plaindealer: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
maasoap:
From Jan - Mar
Akwa Ibom state 50 billion naira
Osun State 5 billion naira
>Approximately the same population. Akwa Ibom residents need to start asking for accountability from their successive governors

Akwa Ibom (N179 billion)

Delta (N223 billion)

Osun (N136 billion).

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/domestic-debts-of-36-states-fct-hit-n3-5trn-in-h118/

And they still piled on more debt than Osun.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by farem: 5:20pm On Apr 27, 2019
plaindealer:

What happened in Osun wasn't magic, it was sacrifice by the governor and the people of Osun state. The governor had a vision and his people today are the beneficiaries of his good vision.

When people were insulting Osun state and Aregbesola because of salary payments, Osun state people and their governor were sacrificing for a better tomorrow and today, Osun is the second wealthiest state in Nigeria, they have the lowest misery index rate and unemployment rate in Nigeria, lowest poverty rate in Nigeria and the most peaceful state in Nigeria and on top of that, they invested in infrastructures than the richest states in Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom and nearly all the states n the SS piled up more debt than Osun state, but Osun invested in quality infrastructure and their future while the rich SS states invested in nothing even though they are all collecting huge allocations, derivations, IGR and even NDDC funds.

Money can not buy good leadership.

Well said. We are on the same page!
Re: Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs by superlightning: 5:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
farem:

Well said. We are on the same page!
keep deceiving yourselves. we are waiting for your keg of gunpowder to EXPLODE.
Meanwhile, see your people
http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/27/nine-nigerians-arrested-us-35m-fraud

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari Signs Amended Companies And Matters Allied Act / Falana: DSS Does Not Need Court Order To Arrest Emefiele / FG Owes NNPC ₦‎2.8 Trillion Spent On Petrol Subsidy - Mele Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.