Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,351 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja (31597 Views)

Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Politicians Who Have Goofed In Public - Daily Trust / Edward Onoja Cast His Vote With A Flag / Dino Melaye Exposes Yahaya Bello's Looting Of Kogi State In 38 Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by ObserversTimes: 7:44am On Apr 27, 2019
The Observers Times - Lokoja

38 months workers salary: I know I’ve goofed –Gov. Bello

Kogi state governor, Yahaya Bello for the first time publicly admitted that his administration has committed blunder by owing workers between eight and 38 months due to the over two years staff screening exercise he initiated.

Governor Bello who spoke through his Chief of Staff, Edward Onoja at the 7th NLC quadrennial congress on Thursday in Lokoja said “when a child made mistakes he should admit he made mistakes, we have made mistakes and we are correcting it”.

Onoja who was unusually sober at the ceremony was reacting to NLC chairman’s speech , Comrade Onuh Edoka who said workers were dying in dozens due to the non payment of salaries as government was owing them between eight and 38 months.

Edoka had said workers in the state have been reduced to beggars as they could not meet their domestic responsibilities while their children are driven out of school due to non payment of school fees while the condition of pensioners and local government workers some of who he said are being paid “miserable percentages of their salaries” are most precarious.

Responding, Onoja who said the prolonged staff screening exercise was inevitable as it has brought some kind of sanity to the civil service system in the state, however said government was looking into where it has goofed with a view to correcting it.

On the percentage payment of local government workers, Onoja said this phenomenon has been existing before the advent of the current administration, a claim which the workers at the occasion responded to by shouting “ no, no ,no, you are lying” Beating a retreat, Onoja appealed to the workers to exercise patience with the government as efforts would now be geared towards paying their salaries as and when due pleading with the workers to support the re election bid of Governor Yahaya Bello.

He however said if by November this year, Governor Bello was not re elected the incoming government will build on the legacy they would leave behind.
Source
Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by helinues: 7:45am On Apr 27, 2019
Not only goofed, you F'd up

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by amaniro: 7:48am On Apr 27, 2019
Our politicians tend to be very friendly when election is around the corner.

183 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Jesusloveyou: 7:57am On Apr 27, 2019
helinues:
Not only goofed, you F'd up
and you believe this thrash.

1 Like

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by daddytime(m): 7:57am On Apr 27, 2019
Bello na very useless pikin aswear....

It's even obvious from the shape of his head that he narrowly escaped being a "skoror"..

Tuehhh Bello

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by MisterGrace: 7:58am On Apr 27, 2019
See his big nose like honourable kolanut.

How can someone be ugly and wicked at the same time.

Stup!d a55 cultist.

Id!ot!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by helinues: 8:05am On Apr 27, 2019
Jesusloveyou:

Ayam not understanding your question?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Paperwhite(m): 8:07am On Apr 27, 2019
cheesy Then move your ass out of political contention. Useless opportunistic youthful governor. angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by lordkush: 8:08am On Apr 27, 2019
Jesusloveyou:
everybody in Apc is like him

including you saarki

stop your hypocrisy

12 Likes

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by nzeobi(m): 8:09am On Apr 27, 2019
you are still gambling with people's destiny.

4 Likes

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:11am On Apr 27, 2019
This cultist again. Big Idiot

5 Likes

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Hector09(m): 8:13am On Apr 27, 2019
Confession time blessing time

1 Like

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Rimfa: 8:18am On Apr 27, 2019
Buhari is just stupid

2 Likes

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by gospi: 8:19am On Apr 27, 2019
Home tutors are needed for the following subjects.You should be able to teach at least five of the listed subjects:
Art
French
Geography
History
Music
Science
Yoruba

WhatsApp if interested.08160903487
Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by comtem2011: 8:20am On Apr 27, 2019
amaniro:
Our politicians tend to be very friendly when election is around the corner.
Funny enough, many will still fall for their cheap scam. When they start distributing 1kg of rice with one sachet tomato paste and 50 naira power oil.

8 Likes

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Chimaokigwe: 8:21am On Apr 27, 2019
Rimfa:
Buhari is just stupid

Not up to your father

3 Likes

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by tolufase: 8:22am On Apr 27, 2019
Of course, they need to admit that singular fact since it an election year.

1 Like

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Unik2me: 8:22am On Apr 27, 2019
MXxrep:
Okorocha has been paying half salary for the past several years and have not paid pensioners since he assumed office in 2011. So there is no difference between Bello and Okorocha

So Kogi workers should accept it as a nom?
Who did this to you?

2 Likes

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by NaijaCelebNews: 8:23am On Apr 27, 2019
Kogi state has the worst governor in Naija tbh. Anyways click link to watch the full breakdown of the Naira Marley Simi beef:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdb5y1JQsXs
Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Tharaja(m): 8:24am On Apr 27, 2019
My governor....I wish you many more years in office
Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by eben1marketer: 8:26am On Apr 27, 2019
embarassed
Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Barney11: 8:26am On Apr 27, 2019
gospi:
Home tutors are needed for the following subjects.You should be able to teach at least five of the listed subjects:
Art
French
Geography
History
Music
Science
Yoruba

WhatsApp if interested.08160903487

How can a teacher teach 5 subjects? For how much and what impact will the students get? Wicked peanut paying backyard school... Tuehhh

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Adeyinka123: 8:27am On Apr 27, 2019
STUPID MAN!

1 Like

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by JimohMomoh: 8:28am On Apr 27, 2019
Is it not these same state witches and wizards endorsed Buhari. Hmmm

1 Like

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by omenkaLives(m): 8:28am On Apr 27, 2019
Yahaya Bello is a consummate failure.

Tufia!

2 Likes

Re: 38 Months Workers Salary: I Know We Have Goofed – Edward Onoja by Equiano: 8:28am On Apr 27, 2019
What's the Labour minister saying about this huge debt by kogi government? How do these workers survive? Do kogi state receive her monthly federal allocation(s)? This is sheer wickedness in its epitome!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MC Oluomo And His Thugs Conducted Elections In Oshodi, Says Lagos PDP / Oshiomole Joins Amaechi At Rivers APC Thanksgiving / Video Of Unknown Gunmen Attack On Inyi Police Division, Enugu (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.