Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,590 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice (13165 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / Feminists Agree They Won’t Change Their Surname To Their Husband's Name / "Deny Your Husband Sex" - Leaked Chats Of A Cheating Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Ugosample(m): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2019
Jointly owned properties are the best
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by FreemanUYB(m): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2019
ngenekwenu come and hear your fellow married spinster !!!!
same mentality same story same unfortunate people
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by nazablossom(f): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2019
It's not a bad advice. Men buy properties with their name and nobody is disputing it, why would women's own be selfish.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Wettoid123: 1:32pm On Apr 27, 2019
That is a good advice for our women,,,hahahahaha she said not Mr and Mrs dawodu cos anybody can fit into that name,it has to be racheal and Douglas graham.
True talk sha,

2 Likes

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Ugosample(m): 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
Iamicekid:
Their is nothing wrong if my wife have all her properties in her name and I will even have her use our kid as the next of kin not me but what is bad is me not knowing where her property are or trying to hide it from me

you might want to cancel kid from your username

because you sure DO NOT reason like one.

That last statement is the punchline

when couples start hiding assets from each other...

that's not a good omen undecided

But your arrangement is tight too

9 Likes

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by delishpot: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2019
If a husband can buy and build properties in his name, so can a wife. But I wonder how the wife/husband is now buying something in her%his name alone. Is the spouse not interested in being a Co owner or do they not trust each other? In the court of law, anything acquired during the marriage belongs to both. If you like write your name 1 million times it still belongs to both of you. Only that in Naija the law is a big joke hence a man can kick out his wife of many years with nothing and people will let him continue his life like nothing happened. All in all, going by Naija jungle justice system as it has to do with divorce and property ownership...... if husband buys in his name, the wife should also buy in her name. The fact that one buys in just his/her name is a sign of distrust.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by rummmy: 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2019
This betj9a guy is one of the mods

1 Like

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by 1kingwriter: 1:44pm On Apr 27, 2019
The BEST advice for ladies I've heard in recent times.

Note :-
Any person can be Mr and Mrs Whatever.

But Mr Johnson and Clara Whatever is a clear title.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by erico2k2(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2019
virgoquin:
Lol people that are not yet married tends to give marriage advice the most.

Yeso they are the Pro, this was how one who has a famous Blog was advising women later we found out she shagged a married man and now has a baby boy still not married,

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by erico2k2(m): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
nazablossom:
It's not a bad advice. Men buy properties with their name and nobody is disputing it, why would women's own be selfish.
get updated about what the Law says regards these issues, Any property acquired whilst married belongs to both properties no matter whose name is on the paper, so all these plenty talks are toilet talk AKA holds no meaning, to say the least! ignore that busy body woman!

1 Like

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Snow02: 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2019
femi4:
She Nose what she's talking about
yea she has a point ah mean who NOSE tomorrow??

1 Like

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
Kendumazy:
Selfishness everywhere. The man properties should also carry Mr Akeem and blood family properties. The man brother or sister should inherit the property not the selfish wife. Make a will to give the children their own portion.

Lol, dama Kuma fa, what do you expect it to carry
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by aariwa(m): 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
virgoquin:

Their idle mind is the devil's workshop
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Unrated900(m): 2:10pm On Apr 27, 2019
This one has been jilted by a man.

Olosho advising oloshos

A good woman buys properties in his husband's name.

If you buys property in our names we would continue to love you for ever.

Mind you women dont always buys properties

Men does

% is 80/20

Jilted single Lady go and seat down and stop advertising your self or seeking attentions

Most of my properties have acquires in m my life is on my wife's name,if I lied thunder strikes you

My land which belongs to me is on my wife's name

My house which I built is on my wife's name.

My electronics from head to toe on my wife's name

Only the car is on my name because she can't drive much.

So who is more real

One olosho was now advising her fellow oloshos

1 Like

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Unrated900(m): 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2019
Snow02:
yea she has a point ah mean who NOSE tomorrow??

Knows not nose
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Wallade(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2019
Iamicekid:
Their is nothing wrong if my wife have all her properties in her name and I will even have her use our kid as the next of kin not me but what is bad is me not knowing where her property are or trying to hide it from me

Please let her use her/your kids names only when they are above 18 years old. I would rather she uses you as next of kin tentatively till the child is above 18. It is easier to administer in case...
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by factually4(m): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2019
Build trust between you and your husband and there will be no cause for alarm

Buy a plot of land @Apata Ibadan for as low as #382,500 from Kemsan Acres Global Ltd. Call 07039334219.
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by monex(m): 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
nazablossom:

Women should buy properties in their name

Your next of kin however should be agreed (either both of you use each other or both of you use the kids)

2 Likes

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Fadedvoices2: 3:19pm On Apr 27, 2019
delishpot:
If a husband can buy and build properties in his name, so can a wife. But I wonder how the wife/husband is now buying something in her%his name alone. Is the spouse not interested in being a Co owner or do they not trust each other? In the court of law, anything acquired during the marriage belongs to both. If you like write your name 1 million times it still belongs to both of you. Only that in Naija the law is a big joke hence a man can kick out his wife of many years with nothing and people will let him continue his life like nothing happened. All in all, going by Naija jungle justice system as it has to do with divorce and property ownership...... if husband buys in his name, the wife should also buy in her name. The fact that one buys in just his/her name is a sign of distrust.

Kicked out without anything

Was the woman a slave during the period of marriage that she has to deserve something?

I blame men who marry stay at home wives
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by mechanics(m): 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2019
virgoquin:

hmmmmmm, funny, maybe she's talking base on someone experience.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Princeton92(m): 3:27pm On Apr 27, 2019
Well, its true tho
A decade ago my aunt lost her newly built house & fuel station to her husband to-be because she acquired it in his name!
He left her running away with all properties, married a new wife & denied their two girls saying they aren't his, that's quite silly sha...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Fisher007: 3:30pm On Apr 27, 2019
If you buy the properties, put it in your name and make the next of kin your children .

If she buys the properties, she should put it in her name and make the next of kin your children .

It is simple. No need for unnecessary attention. It when one start hoping to own it all from either side, that is where i suspect stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by nkemjacob2(m): 3:31pm On Apr 27, 2019
I Dont expect sane human to accept dis advise. That's is from the instance their has been no trust in the marriage
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Bitchiamjay(m): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
main reason I'll always pick my mom as a role model.
This woman buys alotta properties without my papa's knowledge and if you check the receipts, you won't see her name on it but my papa's name.
including her cars. . . my papa's name is on it.
this doesn't show stupidity but genuine love.
You don't marry with sense.
"Don't acquire property with your husband's name" Yet You want him to will his properties to you.
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by Dalby(m): 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
She should advise the men also in her infinit wisdom cry cry cry
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by trapQ: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
And you know she's not married how?
How does her marital status invalidate this very good advice of hers?
Kenturkey048:
I swear to God ,,that's why they will never get married.

1 Like

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by trapQ: 4:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
Gosh...do y'all have sense? Did she tell you the husband's property shouldn't be solely in his name? Common sense is not common.
Kendumazy:
Selfishness everywhere. The man properties should also carry Mr Akeem and blood family properties. The man brother or sister should inherit the property not the selfish wife. Make a will to give the children their own portion.

1 Like

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by trapQ: 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2019
Mumu. You're displaying your stupidity because it's obvious you're the senseless one.
nwakibie3:
You will see them slaying not knowing they dont have a single sense

1 Like

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by trapQ: 4:03pm On Apr 27, 2019
Do yourself a favor and buy sense from the vendor nearest to you.
noble71:
undecided see them evening Newspaper trying everything possible to break homes. I pity Married women that take advice from Social Media.
Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by udemzyudex(m): 4:08pm On Apr 27, 2019
This is one reason my wife must be hardworking, being married to me doesn't stop you from achieving your own dreams.

Build as many house as possible,buy as many cars as possible,attain any height you want to reach.
But make sure we continue to respect ourselves cos no respect, no love,no respect no trust,no respect all you have is a broken home.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Acquire Properties In Your Husband's Name, Nigerian Lady Advice by trapQ: 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2019
So she's an olosho like your mother?
Unrated900:
This one has been jilted by a man.

Olosho advising oloshos

A good woman buys properties in his husband's name.

If you buys property in our names we would continue to love you for ever.

Mind you women dont always buys properties

Men does

% is 80/20

Jilted single Lady go and seat down and stop advertising your self or seeking attentions

Most of my properties have acquires in m my life is on my wife's name,if I lied thunder strikes you

My land which belongs to me is on my wife's name

My house which I built is on my wife's name.

My electronics from head to toe on my wife's name

Only the car is on my name because she can't drive much.

So who is more real

One olosho was now advising her fellow oloshos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Sexual Experience / Did You Marry The Wrong Person? / Right Age to Date (for children)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.