Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,428 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant (25532 Views)

Sex In Car Is Criminal, Lagos Police Counters Abayomi Shogunle / Abayomi Shogunle's Post On Twitter That Made Osinbajo To Reform SARS / Yomi Shogunle Warns Yahoo Boys Relocating From Lagos Because Of EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by AutoJoshNG: 9:04am On Apr 27, 2019

Aboyomi Shogunle is the Assistant Commissioner of Police and Director of Police Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit. His official handle on Twitter is @YomiShogunle; it’s his verified account.

Mr. Aboyomi noted down some points on your responsibilities during police encounter. One of the numerous points he made is that “you, bag & car can be searched without warrant.”

A lot of people are of the opinion that the police should not search them unless they have a warrant to do so.

On the issue of police officers searching individuals without warrant, the ACP just cleared the air.

Read the tweet of the police ACP below;

Your responsibilities during police encounters #YsGuide;
•Be polite & stay calm
•Do not resist or be abusive
•Do not push/hit an officer
•Do not interfere with or obstruct police
•You, bag & car can be searched without warrant.
If u don’t like encounter, report @PoliceNG_CRU

SOURCE: https://autojosh.com/you-bad-car-searched-no-warrant-police/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Danelo(m): 9:06am On Apr 27, 2019
Nigerian police and their rude attitude towards Nigerian citizens especially when they are with one rusty gun.

This one they are now talking about searching without warrant, they will search and if nothing is found they will drop illegal items in bags, cars houses, people's pockets just to make sure one is found guilty so they can make money.

Just look at this one enjoying himself by the pool side of Bethesda.

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 27, 2019
Danelo:
W
he ought to write search respectfully and politely..... Not open ur Bag!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by SageMK: 9:53am On Apr 27, 2019
The Nigerian police have been doing that for ages.

Tell us something new. undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by SouthSouth1914: 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
And then the constitution says you need a warrant! We Nigerians are confused set of beings roaming the earth!!

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
How this guy is still in the NPF is beyond me.

He’s just the face of the NPF. He is the perfect description of NPF

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Olaking123(m): 1:49pm On Apr 27, 2019
Okay Sir.

1 Like

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by partnerbizz4: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
coorect
Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Nobody: 1:50pm On Apr 27, 2019
Uhmmm

Unfortunately , the guy is right! If you don't want to be search at the checkpoint then you can go ahead to the station for more inspection.

One thing I've learnt about police encounter is that you need to open your eyes and ears, it's not all them that are coming to abuse you or harass you. E.g

I was pulled over at a checkpoint recently, i was driving a fully tinted car that you won't even see anything unless i tap down the windows. This guys are with CIB. I picked up my vehicle paper and tint permit etc from the safe and locked the car because you never can tell what next. When i gave him the papers, he check the tint permit and requested for the original and i told him i rarely go out with that since i have a copy.

He insisted, i explained to him that I've been driving around with this permit for a while now and no issues. He said i shouldn't say that cos police different from police, I was like really?? Issokay. So what's gonna happen now, he told the other guy to take me to the station. I didn't budge because i know say i no dey go any station today. So i con ask am say but why him wan make my day worse, this thing we you dey hold me for na minor thing, he said no it's not minor. Then he dropped this points

He said the government does give tint permit for cars except for SUV's, that i won't be surprised if i see say na another suv dem use prepare my permit. I was like you don't mean it!

He also said how can i tint my car so dark that nobody can see the inside at all, he said for my own safety it is bad. Some trigger happy cops might shoot at the car claiming that we're not able to see the inside.

He even said almost 95% of criminals have dark tint.

he gave me lot of instances, that was when i realized that this guys are giving me advice and it's left for me to take it.

To cut the story short, I told them i really appreciate what they're telling me and I'll be going to get rid of the dark tint and make it more visible to avoid unnecessary attention. Naso dem leave me when they notice say i don get the message.

The moral of the story is that, when you have encounter with the police. try as much as possible not to make the issues escalate, they are reasonable ones among them.

Shoutout to C clear!

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by FreemanUYB(m): 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
they rarely search coffins !!!!
they are not police for the dead !!!

6 Likes

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by KahyePubg: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2019
Hegoat
Thunder seal your anus there
Miscreant

6 Likes

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by MyGeneration(m): 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
What of your phone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by loadedvibes: 1:52pm On Apr 27, 2019
Your phone nko ?

2 Likes

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by dochenaj: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
They can only search you if they have probable cause. Without that, anything they find from the search should be illegal and should not be admissible in a law court.
But, again we are in Nigeria where the rule of law is not sacrosanct and the citizens have no value in the sight of the people who have the power.

9 Likes

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 27, 2019
In sane countries, police can stop you and search if everything looks suspicious, they don't need warrant for that now.

How do they bust guys with guns and drugs over there? Nigerians should chill and allow d police do their job biko

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by lilmarley: 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2019
sad

Not in a saner clime angry
What else do you expect from a country where head is mainly used as a means of carrying heavy loads.

The next thing he'll mention now is that
if you resist to be searched, they have the right to shoot you

There was a country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by BlackfireX: 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
Police is your friend

Can your friend search your bag, and purse and phone.... And when you object you are beating like igbos pound fufu, and thrown behind counter while you sit there like amala looking at ewedu, later you are asked to pay money for bail, meanwhile your account is white like Hausa people tuwo.

Na true.... Police na your friend

6 Likes

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Nobody: 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
And then the constitution says you need a warrant! We Nigerians are confused set of beings roaming the earth!!

From what I see in movies, warrants are needed to search a house, office. Police don't need warrants to search cars.

4 Likes

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by nurex01(m): 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2019
but it should be in a polite manner pls

1 Like

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by eedimo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 27, 2019
[quote author=AutoJoshNG post=77893350]

Aboyomi Shogunle is the Assistant Commissioner of Police and Director of Police Public Complaint Rapid Response Unit. His official handle on Twitter is @YomiShogunle; it’s his verified account.

Mr. Aboyomi noted down some points on your responsibilities during police encounter. One of the numerous points he made is that “you, bag & car can be searched without warrant.”

A lot of people are of the opinion that the police should not search them unless they have a warrant to do so.

On the issue of police officers searching individuals without warrant, the ACP just cleared the air.

Read the tweet of the police ACP below;

Your responsibilities during police encounters #YsGuide;
•Be polite & stay calm
•Do not resist or be abusive
•Do not push/hit an officer
•Do not interfere with or obstruct police
•You, bag & car can be searched without warrant.
If u don’t like encounter, report @PoliceNG_CRU

SOURCE: https://autojosh.com/you-bad-car-searched-no-warrant-police/

Why would I ever like The Shit hole Police?
Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Stillthebest: 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2019
He even looks wicked ... He's right tho

1 Like

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by nonxo007(m): 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

In a case of suspicion the police doesn't need a warrant to search you, and to me stop and search isn't wrong. With the level of crime these days its necessary. So if one has nothing in their cupboard there is nothing to be afraid of. Just cooperate with the police, the calm and collect and avoid all provocations. Some of them are agents sent to take lives.
Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Nobody: 1:59pm On Apr 27, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Which constitution?

3 Likes

Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by Amuocha: 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
Seen
Re: Aboyomi Shogunle: You, Your Bag, Car Can Be Searched Anytime Without Warrant by dochenaj: 2:00pm On Apr 27, 2019
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
In sane countries, police can stop you and search if everything looks suspicious, they don't need warrant for that now.
How do they bust guys with guns and drugs over there? Nigerians should chill and allow d police do their job biko
They will need to prove probable cause for executing the search, and if they cannot. Even if you're found with kilos of heroin with the intent to distribute. The arresting officer would have only blown the case.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

60-Year-Old Man Rapes His Neighbour's 5-Year-Old Daughter In Bauchi (Photo) / Bus Trader Cuts Colleague’s Belly, Spills Intestines In Knife Attack / Four OPC Members Arrested For Beating Man To Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.