Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,121 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:24 AM

Wonder Why You Don’t Receive Invitation For Interview Given Many Applications? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Wonder Why You Don’t Receive Invitation For Interview Given Many Applications? (750 Views)

What Do You Tell Your Current Employer If You Want To Go For Interview Elsewhere / Meet The Nigerian Wonder-woman Who Is A Professional Painter, Tiler, And Plumber / Midline Consulting - Invitation For Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wonder Why You Don’t Receive Invitation For Interview Given Many Applications? by embracegod: 1:01pm On Sep 18, 2010
I used to have this experience, not receiving any invitation for interview yet I was sending out a lot of applications, until I met a man who showed me why I would hardly receive any invitation for interview. I will love to share that with you in brief.

He looked at my resume (CV) and told me that my CV does not show my capabilities. He advised me to edit it and include measureable achieves. For instance, what are the measureable achievements (especially, in terms of figures) you made during your NYSC, and in your former places of work?

As simple as it sounded, I did that; and few days later I had a clash of invitations for job interviews. I had to politely ask for a shift from one of the companies to appear for their own interview later the same day (May last year). Both of the company’s gave me offer the same day – one as a research consultant, the other an IT firm. I went for the IT firm for better package. Early this year (April), a research firm called me for interview seeing all the achievements in my CV and offered me a better package from what the IT firm offered me. Thus, I work now as a Research Analyst which had always been my dream area of career.

Hope you have picked a lesson for my little story. Go and do likewise.

Best wishes.

(1) (Reply)

Mba Or Msc / Lawyerrrrr! / Ican (pple I Need Assistance)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.