Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Injustice? Court Orders Rapists To Pay Only Seven Thousand Naira Fine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Injustice? Court Orders Rapists To Pay Only Seven Thousand Naira Fine (386 Views)

Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment / 'A Girl That Lived With Me Brought Rapists To Rape Me In My House' / New Ukraine Law; Child Rapists To Be Castrated By Chemical Injection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Injustice? Court Orders Rapists To Pay Only Seven Thousand Naira Fine by CoNaija: 6:10am On Apr 28, 2019
Massive Outrage As Shari’ah Court Orders 3 Rapists To Pay N7000 Fine In Kaduna
There have been a massive outrage on social media after a controversial decision of a Shari’ah court in Kaduna, sentenced three rapists to one year imprisonment with an option of N7,000 fine.

Apart from the fact that the Judge’s decision has sparked outrage, it has also generated controversy and anxiety in the ancient city of Zaria, where the crime was reported to have been perpetuated.

According to CoNaija, The judge of the court, Malam Iliyasu Muhammad Umar, during the ruling said the prosecution led by Sergeant Adamu Yahaya, convinced the court, therefore the three suspects will serve one year jail term or pay N7,000 fine with 20 strokes of the cane, Daily Trust reports.

Kaduna government imposes 24-hour curfew in Kajuru. According to investigation, the three men, Hassan Suleiman, Ibrahim Usman and Adamu Audu, lured their victims aged 9 and 10 while on the way to school.

While Hassan Suleiman and Ibrahim Usman used to intercept the 9-year-old girl on her way to school and rape her. Adamu Audu’s victim is the 10-year-old girl.

Many residents of Zaria and human rights activists have condemned the verdict of the judge, especially that he did not support his decision with any provision of Islamic jurisprudence, as Shari’ah is the status of the court.

Re: Injustice? Court Orders Rapists To Pay Only Seven Thousand Naira Fine by CoNaija: 6:12am On Apr 28, 2019
Image of the rapists

Re: Injustice? Court Orders Rapists To Pay Only Seven Thousand Naira Fine by Japsylee: 6:15am On Apr 28, 2019
Why are u hiding the faces of these animals?
Re: Injustice? Court Orders Rapists To Pay Only Seven Thousand Naira Fine by MaiGemu: 6:22am On Apr 28, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: Injustice? Court Orders Rapists To Pay Only Seven Thousand Naira Fine by Joshmodest(m): 7:17am On Apr 28, 2019
I'm not trying to be tribalistic , but as soon as I saw the story , I knew it was from the north..... I once heard of 7 strokes of cane for a similar offense of rape ...and I asked myself if the penalty for such devious offense ,is this cheap , why not legalise rape and let it be a constitutional affair for them...
How can rape , one of the worst crimes any where in the world , be treated with such laxity , like the accused crossed the express road instead of passing the overhead...this is bad and that's the reason for so many rape cases in the north. ,it's saddening that even in the 21st century we still hear stories like this

(1) (Reply)

How This Thief Stole My Wife's Phone And Was Eventually Caught / Nigeria Man Allegedly Steal A Shoe And Gives It To His Girlfriend In Italy / Show Me Your Friends, Emmanuel Balogun! - Peju Akande

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.