Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,563 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment (10959 Views)

'A Girl That Lived With Me Brought Rapists To Rape Me In My House' / New Ukraine Law; Child Rapists To Be Castrated By Chemical Injection / The Moment Lekki Rapists Were Caught. The Hot Slap That Got Nigerians Talking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by rockmite: 8:49am On Jun 23, 2022
Justice Abiola Soladoye of the Lagos State Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court on Wednesday sentenced a man, Ayokunle Bailey, to life imprisonment for defiling a 15-year-old girl.

According to the state prosecution team, Olusola Soneye and Olufunke Adegoke, the convict committed the offence on December 18, 2017, in an uncompleted building around the Alaka area of Mushin, Lagos State.

The defendant was charged with sexual defilement, an offence which contravenes Section 137 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State, 2015.

According to the prosecution team, the victim visited her grandmother on the fateful day.

While playing with other children outside the house, the convict lured her into an uncompleted building and forcefully had sex with her.

The prosecution said the convict was later arrested after the survivor walked home with blood dripping from her private parts and the defendant was identified by the survivor, who informed her aunt about the incident.

Justice Soladoye said the prosecution proved the charge of defilement against the convict.

She explained that the convict was crude and unkind, adding that he messed up the survivor’s purity and innocence.

She said, “The defendant is rough and selfish and the survivor gave her testimony truthfully, cogently, positively and brilliantly. She was brave.

“The story of the defendant is dishonest and full of lies. He is a reckless and ruthless person.

“The defendant, having been found guilty as charged is sentenced to life imprisonment without the option of fine.”

In a related development, an Ekiti State High Court, Ado Ekiti division, has sentenced a 50-year-old man, Usman Tajudeen, to life imprisonment for raping a four-year-old girl.

The defendant was tried before the court on one count of rape and found guilty.

The charge read, “That you, Usman Tajudeen, on August 21, 2020, at Ikere Ekiti, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, did rape a four-year-old girl.”

The prosecutor, K.S. Adeyemo, said the offence was contrary to Section 31(2) of the Child’s Right Law, Cap.C7 Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.

In her statement to the police, the victim said, “Daddy Latifat (the defendant), who is living at our house, took me to his sitting room. He said I should sit on his lap; he removed my pants and put his something (penis) where I urinate. He used to call me to his sitting room to do it.”

Also, in her testimony before the court, the victim’s mother said, “I was where I was making cassava flour and my daughter went to excrete. When I went to pack the faeces, I noticed blood in the faeces.

“Thereafter, I checked her anus and saw blood coming out of her private parts. I was afraid. When I inquired from her, she said it was Daddy Latifat that put his organ (penis) in her private parts.”

The convict, who spoke in his defence through his counsel, Tope Salam, prayed the court to temper justice with mercy.

In the court judgment, Justice Lekan Ogunmoye said, “The prosecutor has established before the court that the defendant had sexual intercourse with the minor without her consent and therefore committed the offence of rape as charged.

“In all, the prosecution has proved this case beyond reasonable doubt against the defendant. The sentence for the offence of rape under the Child Rights Law is mandatory; he is sentenced to life imprisonment.”

Source: https://punchng.com/lagos-ekiti-men-bag-life-imprisonment-for-raping-minors/?amp

6 Likes

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by Hungerbadoo: 8:54am On Jun 23, 2022
Thank God i'm not the Judge. It is either death or cutting off your useless preek since it has decided to bring disgrace to manhood. Where is that WTM niggar make e borrow me his old kala?

5 Likes

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by FalseProphet1(m): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Death sentence would be a better option for ràping minors, then life sentence should be for ràping adults. That way perverts would think twice before engaging in the act.

This I have seen.

27 Likes

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by Crixxx: 8:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Olusola Soneye and Olufunke Adegoke

When it comes to rape, paedophile, incest and sodomy count them in.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by empressSkincare(f): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2022
I actually love this... Maybe other rapists will learn and change their ways.

Imagine walking into that room, club, restaurant (you name it) and you are the cynosure of all eyes

The top job, the captivating personality, the best deals... They come to people who radiate confidence, and that starts with how you smell.

Want to dominate every room you are in with an alluring aura?

Click this link To Get a perfume oils that oozes personality today!
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by inoki247: 8:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Good na both gender found guilty should be sentenced to death...

And false accusations of rape too should receive Same treatment dey shuld sentence dem to death for defaming someone...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by jacksonmorgan1: 8:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by autodevice(m): 8:59am On Jun 23, 2022
Ok

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by saucespecies: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2022
Good decision in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by shittul: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2022
Nice move...
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:00am On Jun 23, 2022
Lagos judge sentenced Ekiti man to life imprisonment
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by legendarystar: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2022
cheesy
No more straffing for life
cheesy cheesy
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by paranorman(m): 9:01am On Jun 23, 2022
This one is strong! Lives wasted just like that?!

Abeg, make una help me with my research work o. N beg I de beg. link in my signature

1 Like

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by money121(m): 9:01am On Jun 23, 2022
Ok
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by Mccullum: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2022
Good for him with his dick that has no ''C" caution...

1 Like

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by Zelenskyy(m): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
Lagos judge sentenced Ekiti man to life imprisonment

Read the article very well...

Two separate incidents. One in Lagos and the other one in Ekiti.

Crixxx:

Finger Pointing and Tribal Vilification is not the way forward.

Because you find people from other tribes, regions and nations engaging in this evil acts.

It may Shock you to know that someone from your own tribe and region did the same thing yesterday, Only that he or she has not been caught.

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2022
Go ood
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by CelebrityQueen(f): 9:02am On Jun 23, 2022

I still wonder how rapist enjoy sex through rap

WE WANT JUSTICE FOR PRINCESS

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by chukwuibuipob: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2022
cool very good
DEATH Sentence to all RAPIST

1 Like

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by VAWULENCNairaLD(f): 9:03am On Jun 23, 2022
Stop rape!!!

Stop of any gender,
we want Justice for Princess.
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by bigdammyj: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2022
Good news.
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by Mindlog: 9:03am On Jun 23, 2022
Appropriate.

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by SOFTSKILL: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2022
Crixxx:

What a comment from an obediot person!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by Angelfrost(m): 9:04am On Jun 23, 2022
Good!

I wonder what the useless Senate is waiting to pass such into Law all over the nation!

Come to even think of it... What has the legislature contributed to this nation since 2015?!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by NUJABEZ: 9:04am On Jun 23, 2022
I think it's appropriate.

I have a pristine Elitebook X360 personally used and in great condition for sale. Its also heavily discounted at N180k only.

Check my thread here for more pictures

https://www.nairaland.com/7192463/hp-elitebook-1030-x360-g2#114073538

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by NeoWanZaeed(m): 9:05am On Jun 23, 2022
If they're being KILLED. Rape will cease to exist

2 Likes

Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by Qajoe: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2022
Hmmm

We are one of the best vendor so far and we offer good rate and we accept physical transaction but it depend on what you are bring,we don't delay payment

✓Skrill funds rate 535/$

✓zelle funds rate 480

✓ cashapp funds rate 480/$

✓ Applepay funds Rate 430/$

✓ greendot funds rate 400/$

✓ venmo funds Rate 365/$

✓ chime funds Rate 410/$

✓ Available aza for pick up India Aza , Mexico Aza , U.k Aza , United State Aza and we accept cash mailing

Bitcoin rate 585/$

Ethereum , Ltc and others

Itunes gift Card rate 375/$

Amazon gift card 420/$

Steam wallet Gift card rate 410/$

Google play gift card rate 400/$

Amex Gift card rate 430/$

Visa Gift card rate 410/$

One vanilla gift card rate 440/$

Razergold gift card rate 480/$

Apple Gift card rate 430/$

Sephora gift card rate 440/$

Offgamer gift card rate 450/$

Other funds and Gift cards can come in

WhatsApp +234 90 747183 70
Re: Rape: Ekiti, Lagos Sentenced Rapists To Life Imprisonment by CalabarPikin: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2022
Castrate him first

I've not heard any woman being sentenced before undecided undecided

..ahbi all the rape cases with male victims no the reach court

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onitsha Car Dealer Killed By Robbers / Police Burst Armed Robbery Gang In Taraba / Is yahoo plus and money ritual real? Share your experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.