Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,712 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:19 AM

Dare To Be Joseph - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dare To Be Joseph (388 Views)

Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu / Prophet Omotosho Joseph 2018 Prophecies: Plane Crash, Assassination Of Governor / Pictures Of Joseph Prince $280 Million Church Building In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dare To Be Joseph by Benevee: 9:13am On Apr 28, 2019
*DARE TO BE JOSEPH*

A youth in the Bible whose name was *Joseph*. The 11th son of the sons of *Israel*. He was the most loved by his father and as a result was envied by his brothers. His mother, *Rachael* died while giving birth to his brother, *Benjamin*. *Joseph* never allowed the circumstances of life to weigh him down because he knew the *Lord* made everything he did to prosper.

*QUALITIES OF JOSEPH*

1). *Transparency*: Despite the fact that Joseph knew he was hated by his brothers yet he decided to relate his dreams to them and they hated him the more but he loved them still.

2). *Obedience*: His father, *Jacob*, said to him,"Are not your brothers feeding the flock in Shechem? Come, I will send you to them." And Joseph answered, "Here I am". Who would have obeyed like this even with a humble heart knowing his brothers hated him because he was favoured by his father but he decided to go to the field and know their welfare.

3). *Good Approach*: While he was wondering in the field searching for his brothers, a certain man met him to ask what he was looking for. Instead of ignoring the man, he began with the statement, " I am seeking my brothers, *please* tell me where they are feeding their flocks"

4). *Humility*: When Joseph found his brothers, they had already conspired to do him harm. But finally one of them decided they throw him into the pit. So when he came closer he was stripped off his coat of many colours. Joseph did not fight neither quarreled them but he still remained humble

5). *Responsible*: *Joseph* was later sold to *Portiphar*, an officer of *Pharaoh*. And everything in his master's house was under his care. *Joseph* took responsibilities of the house and the Lord was with him and made everything he did to prosper.

6). *Discipline*: Although, everything in *Portiphar's* house was kept under the care of Joseph but he never took advantage of it as to sleep with his Master's wife. *Joseph* was disciplined in that area and told her that he could not sin against God and against his Master.

7). *Good Interpreter of dreams*: Yes, *Joseph* possessed this great gift of interpretation of dreams. He was able to interpret the dream of the both the Chief Butler and Chief Baker and the interpretations he gave came to pass. He also interpreted the dream of *Pharaoh* which led him to becoming the Prime Minister of Egypt.

cool. *Great Investor*: He knew there would be seven (7) years of great increase in Egypt and seven (7) years of famine as was the dream *Pharaoh* had. So *Pharoah* handed over the land to him and said," You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you". So *Joseph* was able to gather up food for seven years and stored them and the counting of the stock was without number. Now, *Joseph* saw ahead of time a the famine that would come and began from that moment to plan ahead and when the famine came people came to *Pharaoh* crying for food. He referred them to *Joseph* and food were sold to them. With that, *Joseph* made great increase for the land.

9). *Love*: Regardless of how he was treated by his brothers while he was a youth, *Joseph* still showed love to his brothers. He asked about the last born, *Benjamin* and their father, *Jacob*. He was able to recognize even though they weren't able to and commanded the servants to give much food as can be contained in their bags to them with their money refunded.

10). *Forgiveness*: Indeed, *Joseph* had the virtue of forgiveness. He overlooked everything his brothers did to him in the past. Can we find such a heart now? Yes, we can. He dealt with that eveil voice that would have told him to take a revenge. He looked ahead and embraced the love of Christ towards his brothers and father. Because of *Joseph*, Egypt was greatly blessed and God caused everything he laid his hands to do to prosper.

*Joseph* went from the *Pit*- *Prison* - *Prime Minister*.

Ref: Gen 37,39-43.

Onyinyechi Gift.

lalasticlala
myd44

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Ramadan Fasting Begins Tomorrow —sultan / What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? / Biodun Fatoyinbo's Spiritual Mother, Funke Adejumo,speaks On His Rape Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.