Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:10 PM

What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? (388 Views)

What Does The Death Of Christ Mean To You? / Let The Dead Bury The Dead (What Jesus Actually Meant?) / What Does Matthew 8:22 Mean By "Let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? by modaink333: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2019
I need clear analysis
Happy Sunday nairalanders
Re: What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? by Righteousness89(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2019
In that Passage, JESUS CHRIST meant from my Understanding that Nothing should take us off him.. Not tradition, Not Family, Not Wealth....

HE Should be Number 1...

1 Like

Re: What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? by Mikora: 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2019
So no be only me dey ask this question? E don tey wey I dey reason the matter
Re: What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? by MuttleyLaff: 2:12pm On Jun 30, 2019
modaink333:
I need clear analysis
Happy Sunday nairalanders
If you havent yet come alive, then you are free to go bury others just as you are, dead.
Nothing comes first before God. Nothing has priority first before God. Nothing is more important than God's calling, nothing is more important than listening to Jesus talk (i.e. remember Martha and Mary) and/or nothing is more important to do before God's work

3 Likes

Re: What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 30, 2019
Those of the world.
Re: What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2019
According to the Bible's THEORY God wants humans to keep living and never die but Adam brought sin and death on all his progenies! Genesis 3:17-19
So all humans are bound to die one way or the other as descendants of Adam and Eve! Romans 5:12

That's what Jesus came to undo by laying his perfect human life to pay for all imperfect offspring of Adam. But the benefits of what Jesus is to do will only reach OBEDIENT humans not all of us {John 3:16-18} that's why Jesus referred to anyone not listening to the LIFE SAVING counseling from him as DEAD because they're going to die anyway!

No matter what anyone does whether good or bad for now is to be recorded for him so that after paying the price of Adamic sin which is death {Roman 6:7} we can be called back to life if our record is worthwhile, the best chance now is STRICTLY adhering to Jesus' instructions! John 11:21-27

All faithful people who lived before Jesus will also have the chance of been called back to life but TRUE Christians are the ones to welcome them, that's why the scriptures says 'the dead in Christ will rise first' 1Thessalonians 4:16

Thanks for asking this thought provoking question regarding the utterance of my Lord Jesus, may God bless you! smiley
Re: What Did Jesus Christ Mean When He Said "Let The Dead Bury The Dead"? by Originakalokalo(m): 9:16am On Jul 01, 2019
Let the DEAD bury their dead.

The DEAD in capital letter symbolises those who are alive yet dead. Anyone who doesn't know Christ Is dead while he lives.

The dead in small letter are those who have died by giving up the ghost.... Jesus would not normally refer to anyone who died in him as "dead" ....

He told the disciples that Lazarus sleeps but had to use the word "dead" because they couldn't understand what he was saying.

He told the Sadducees, that God is not the God of the dead but of the living.

So, Jesus could be saying,

Let the sinners, who are dead while alive, burry their sinner mate who have given up the ghost.... Don't let that stop you from choosing life.

(1) (Reply)

Biodun Fatoyinbo's Spiritual Mother, Funke Adejumo,speaks On His Rape Allegation / Tani Jesu Nse? - Jesu Je Eni Mimo, Oloto Ati Eniti O Ni Kokoro Dafidi / Happy 71st Birthday To Mummy G.O , Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.