Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This (28368 Views)

I Need Nigeria Use Or Second Hand Iphone 6 Plus For 30k / Redmi Note 9, Note 9S Or Note 9pro: Don't Buy That Phone Until You Read This.... / Stop! Before You Buy That Infinix Or Tecno Smartphone, Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Kennykenty(m): 7:05am On Apr 29, 2019
Informative
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Saltoflife: 7:05am On Apr 29, 2019
A very simple group with just one thing in mind.

To learn practical ways of staying happily married and knowing the hacks of a beautiful and stress free home.

Zero 90 nine. 51 five. 711 eight
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Jabioro: 7:05am On Apr 29, 2019
brodalikeme:
I'm just waiting patiently for someone to insert their sim into my iPhone that was stolen, I MUST use that person do example angry
Just use them as a blackboard duster..those guy that stole my infinix hot4 live to regret it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by abrahym(m): 7:06am On Apr 29, 2019
Come buy factory unlocked from bracomm logistics at a very affordable price

Call 08066475319
WhatsApp https:///2347063429636

Location is computer village

We also sell in bulk
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by fruqy(m): 7:06am On Apr 29, 2019
iphoneimei.com

imei.info

These can help

2 Likes

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by materialproject: 7:08am On Apr 29, 2019
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by donbenie(m): 7:11am On Apr 29, 2019
flourishing247:
Why buy used phone? Most of them are stolen phones too. Wait till you can afford an iPhone. Don't get yourself into unnecessary trouble
This advice doesn't sound very mature,

The difference in price between a new IPhone and a used one is night and day..

Instead of castigating people on why they buy used phones,

Buying used items are part and parcel of every day life..

Like the OP said,

Advise them to make extra effort to ensure that it's not a stolen device..

7 Likes

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Emmanuel226(m): 7:15am On Apr 29, 2019
las las iphone na scam grin
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Kamxin(m): 7:16am On Apr 29, 2019
princemillla:

This warning also goes to my fellow software engineer. Befor you flash that iPhone, confirm the status of the FMI. Otherwise client may twist issues

This software engineer aspect is what get me bemused.

We need to to get the meaning of engineering a software clear to people.

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Emmanuel226(m): 7:21am On Apr 29, 2019
i dont use iphone i use tecno xfgyjvddgb32hot hot infinix grin
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by princemillla(m): 7:22am On Apr 29, 2019
Kamxin:

This software engineer aspect is what get me bemused.

We need to to get the meaning of engineering a software clear to people.

Lol. There was a communication, belive me. The phone software engineers Don grab my point sir grin
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by cupid4ig(m): 7:26am On Apr 29, 2019
princemillla:
Hello my fellow iPhone lovers,

I know how much you so want to lay your hands on the second hand iPhone since the brand new one is not pocket friendly in this economic brouhaha.

It will be disheartening to buy ur used iPhone and upon factory reset, you discover you can't login ur details to the icloud to complete set up.

These is what some guys are doing.

They will bypass activation lock whilst the device is still lock to previous users account. If you mistakenly format, or flashed such phone. It get locked to the previous account. In this case your icloud details will not open such phone cuz the previous owner was still registered on the iolcloud server and not yours.

So what you need to do befor buying your second hand iphone

1. Get the imei and run a check on either paid or free server to confirm FIND MY IPHONE (FMI) is off.

If FMI is On and on the phone there no icloud details in it. Buy such device at your own risk

If FMI is off, that's a good deal.

This warning also goes to my fellow software engineer. Befor you flash that iPhone, confirm the status of the FMI. Otherwise client may twist issues

Goodluck
rhe best advice would have bn to flash the phone before paying. A phone might be stolen and the person will lock so even if u check the Imei find my iphone will be showing off because the phone is currently offline and will kick in once the phone is connected to Internet. So the thing is to wipe and then connect to Internet and try login in to iCloud. Wiping iphone doesn’t take more than 3 minutes

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by shogsman(m): 7:32am On Apr 29, 2019
Why buy used iPhone ke,75% of iphones in Nigeria is used,just try to do a background check on your product to avoid stories that touch,I'm talking from experience please.
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by olowo1995(m): 7:39am On Apr 29, 2019
princemillla:

I know how much you so want to lay your hands on the second hand iPhone since the brand new one is not pocket friendly in this economic brouhaha.

It will be disheartening to buy ur used iPhone and upon factory reset, you discover you can't login ur details to the icloud to complete set up.

They will bypass activation lock whilst the device is still lock to previous users account. If you mistakenly format, or flashed such phone. It get locked to the previous account. In this case your icloud details will not open such phone cuz the previous owner was still registered on the iolcloud server and not yours.

1. Get the imei and run a check on either paid or free server to confirm FIND MY IPHONE (FMI) is off.

If FMI is On and on the phone there no icloud details in it. Buy such device at your own risk

Goodluck

It is also applicable to the refurbushed ones sold on jumia?
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by edebemba(m): 7:40am On Apr 29, 2019
brodalikeme:
I'm just waiting patiently for someone to insert their sim into my iPhone that was stolen, I MUST use that person do example angry
Supposing your stolen iPhone has been sold to an innocent person who never knew it was stolen, how will you deal with that? You don't need to be hard or you complicate issues. If you find such a person, just use your IQ to find out how your phone got to him or who sold it to him before taking further action. It is an error of judgment to walk up to somebody and start hitting him because you see your phone on his hand. You may be charged for assault .

2 Likes

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 29, 2019
First World problems
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by mozona(m): 7:42am On Apr 29, 2019
information for thieves
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by EmzyT: 7:44am On Apr 29, 2019
Kids are now Using iPhone anyhow, it's high time I sell mine

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Hoodbilonia: 7:54am On Apr 29, 2019
Samsung s8 plus
Very rugged phone
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by KelB(m): 8:00am On Apr 29, 2019
Is it applicable to UK used iPhones?
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by centboy123456(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2019
brodalikeme:

bro forget it u can't do anything just let's it go
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by flourishing247: 8:19am On Apr 29, 2019
donbenie:
This advice doesn't sound very mature,

The difference in price between a new IPhone and a used one is night and day..

Instead of castigating people on why they buy used phones,

Buying used items are part and parcel of every day life..

Like the OP said,

Advise them to make extra effort to ensure that it's not a stolen device..

That's your business, Even the police has advised against buying used phones. I repeat what I said, wait till you can actually afford one. Don't rush to belong and mess yourself up. That's how an innocent young man is still in prison for kidnap and murder cos he bought a used ANDRIOD phone!!!!!
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Kingjames(m): 8:19am On Apr 29, 2019
PurestBoy:
This should make FP instead of Regina Daniels stories
No way !

let's continue with the thread : Regina Daniel is 4months pregnant for her 59 years old politician.

Regina Daniel taking a selfie in a private jet

Regina Daniel on her way to Dubai for shopping

Regina Daniel's mum accepted to go for "omugo" when she gives birth

Regina Daniel is my 5th wife not 6th as speculated ~husband
we are enjoying the story instead of something informative

complete bunkum! arrant nonsense

1 Like

Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 29, 2019
grin they still come to show their self, Thank you, Next.
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by lascodii(m): 9:06am On Apr 29, 2019
Will they be able the flash and use my Android phone with the find my device on?
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by donbenie(m): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2019
flourishing247:

That's your business, Even the police has advised against buying used phones. I repeat what I said, wait till you can actually afford one. Don't rush to belong and mess yourself up. That's how an innocent young man is still in prison for kidnap and murder cos he bought a used ANDRIOD phone!!!!!
We've heard you,

Hope you also advise people not to buy used cars since it might just be a stolen vehicle,

They should just wait till they can buy a brand new Vehicle before daring to own one..

Hypocrisy is when you advise people not to buy used phones and wait till they can afford a new one and tomorrow you will go and pick up a brand new TOKUNBO car which might just have been stolen from the owner..
Re: Before You Buy That Second Hand Iphone, Read This by Skibofire(m): 9:31am On Apr 29, 2019
princemillla:

Goodluck
bros u dey run iCloud removal?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy A20 Vs Infinix S4 Comparison: This Fight Has A Clear Winner / Tecno Pova 2 Unboxing And First Impressions + Price (photos) / My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.