Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" (18812 Views)

Korede Bello Poses With Kenny Ogungbe & Dayod1 (pic) / Kenny Ogungbe's Daughter Graduates Photos / AY Apologizes To Keke Ogungbe And D1 Over Grammy Awards Joke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by CGKing(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2010
LOL.U guys r really feeling it men! The dude dey trip una. Lol

Does he eat what Nigerians eat? Or is this foolishness only for clothes?
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by CGKing(m): 10:37pm On Sep 25, 2010
This guy is an illetrate to think of it. What on earth is "shopping for the future"? What does it mean? He d think he has said something now.

What s a full grown MAN doing discussing shopping like a lady anyway.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by harakiri(m): 6:44am On Sep 26, 2010
Alright, enough is enough. . .

It's time you people took a chill pill. Keke Ogungbe was asked questions about his personal lifestyle and he answered the questions as straightforward as he could.What's the big deal? I'm pretty sure that if the rich folks on this forum where asked the same questions, their answers would be more "offensive". When Angelina Jolie announced on the red carpet that her dress costs only $40, everyone thought she was keeping it "real" and she was being modest BUT when our own celebrity says his cheapest boxers costs $10, it becomes an issue and people get angry to the point of foaming in the mouth like delirious Chicago bulls! What is wrong with you people? You watch MTV cribs and other shows where celebrities show off their wealth and tell you how much their accessories costs and you don't complain (many of you actually trip on that) but when it's your own "person" doing that, you go bonkers. Some time ago, 50 cent was showing off the chandelier in his diner room and pointed out that each ruby stone on it (which costs over $80,000) could buy a BMW. I'm sure if it was Keke that did that, most of you would have commited suicide out of anger!

Na wa for una oooo!

I no fit shout!
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by harakiri(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2010
CGKing:

This guy is an illetrate to think of it. What on earth is "shopping for the future"? [/b]What does it mean? He d think he has said something now.

[b]What s a full grown MAN doing discussing shopping like a lady anyway.

Shopping for the future means buying items that would be of value (either financial or sentimental) in years to come. Do you remember how much Micheal Jacksons clothes and accessories were auctioned for? A pair of gloves alone sold for £30,000! ! ! A lot of these hip hop artistes abroad have more jeweleries than they can manage.Do you think they just acquire them for the sake of fashion alone? I don't know how rich Keke is but i know he's big enough to wear thousand dollar clothes if he wants to. I think you guys are underrating him big time. This dude and D1 took Nigerian music (African music in general) to new heights. Today, our music dominates international radio waves and cable music stations. They contributed immensely to make this happen.

I think the problem with you people is "black man complex". If it was Dr Dre or Ludacris that said his cheapest boxers costs $10, all of you would be commending him on being "real" and modest but becos na una personal person, all of una feel say una fit rubbish am for free forum on to say internet browsing dey cheap and affordable. I no blame una.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by favouredjb(f): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2010
Easy easy easy,harakiri,I feel u,yea I know someone has to come here and defend him,afterall its not everybody that will hate u in this world,you ll still have ppl dt will have your back,like ur having keke's back.

But I think u got it all wrong!you know why?people on here didn't say keke shouldn't brag,but what got to everybody on here is the fact that he said he doesn't SHOP WHERE NIGERIANS SHOP!!that he is betta than the average omo naija.I don't see fiddy or doctor dre saying that
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by Ranoscky(m): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2010
Hariki

You dey yan RUBBISH !!!

If Dr Dre or ludacris says dsame, they will also be RUBBISHED with loads of insults from the Americans !
Do u know how 'Miley Cyrus' (an american musician) was criticised when she wore a $25,000 peacock made outfit to a music concert? undecided

When NBA star 'LAMAR ODOM' won they championship with LAKERS this season, his wife bought him a brand new BENTLEY worth $420,000 as a GIFT for wining the Championship. And some People started criticisin her, sayin she bought it with his husbands money.

Now tell me. If they can say something like that to a wife that bought a gift to her husband, what then do u think they'll say to some1 that said 'HE CAN'T SHOP WHERE AMERICANS SHOPS' ?? undecided
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by favouredjb(f): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2010
I wonder o
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by tope3x(m): 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2010
[b][/b] abeg, no mind my great grand-pa friend, coz i see no reason why someone as ugly as this condemning Nigerian's outfit, is that not him, very ugly,even what hes putting on is LovePeddler and disgusting, person wey no surppose to talk for public, ugly kwack.I HATE ALL ABOUT HIM, BIG HOOP TO MO-HIT
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by CGKing(m): 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2010
harakiri:

Shopping for the future means buying items that would be of value (either financial or sentimental) in years to come. Do you remember how much Micheal Jacksons clothes and accessories were auctioned for? A pair of gloves alone sold for £30,000! ! ! A lot of these hip hop artistes abroad have more jeweleries than they can manage.Do you think they just acquire them for the sake of fashion alone? I don't know how rich Keke is but i know he's big enough to wear thousand dollar clothes if he wants to. I think you guys are underrating him big time. This dude and D1 took Nigerian music (African music in general) to new heights. Today, our music dominates international radio waves and cable music stations. They contributed immensely to make this happen.

I think the problem with you people is "black man complex". If it was Dr Dre or Ludacris that said his cheapest boxers costs $10, all of you would be commending him on being "real" and modest but becos na una personal person, all of una feel say una fit rubbish am for free forum on to say internet browsing dey cheap and affordable. I no blame una.

Is that really the meaning of that xpression, shopping for the future? Nice to kow but it kinda makes me more upset with this guy. He thinks Nigerians worship him.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by CGKing(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2010
Guys pls assist me with this. What does a 10 dollar underpants do anyway?

Does it come installed with automated exercises that help increase size?
Or Does it come with pads that constantly oil your warhead keeping it everly ready for war?

Pls i need answers on time. Im starring at one now and Im about to pay.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by sameolg616(m): 2:58am On Sep 28, 2010
pls why waste ur time on the old fool, u shd ask him the cheap hotel he lodges in with his brooo and partner wen they come to docklands,uk, wen next they are ard i wld provide the ip of the hotel cam so u can view it live on google,
also,with the calabar gal video, guess they were trying to renact the puff daddy/mase video of cant nobody hold us down
in the end they turn out to be DUMB AND DUMBER, yrs ago,he was diss live on ben tv, he lost his cool
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by kaycee0604(m): 11:19am On Sep 28, 2010
ORDER
I hereby declare him (KEKE OGUNGBE NAPEP) Persona non granta in nigeria.
I rise.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by montelik(m): 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2010
you guys are still flogging uncle keke. abeg let d matter be closed.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by whitesturd(f): 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2010
what a big swine
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by maedan(f): 11:42pm On Sep 28, 2010
Lol @ harakiri. Are you comparing a Hollywood megastar to a Nigerian socialite? Na wa. No one is saying he shouldn't brag (not that he has much to brag about). But he should have been more careful about talking down to his fellow Nigerians. That's where he put his foot wrong.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by favouredjb(f): 12:32am On Sep 29, 2010
Exactly!
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by roymary: 12:37am On Sep 29, 2010
Real men don't brag, Not when you are no where on Forbes List, Keke is a Local Champion,
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by Ayowumie(m): 11:51am On Sep 29, 2010
okay ooooooooo. It is high time he concentrated on his dwindling revenue from his record label
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by Orilee9ice(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2010
cheesy NAA WAA OH, YOU GUYS A STILL DISSIN' HIM, i saw him on bentv yesterday and remebered his fanclub, hateclub on NL, and laff-ed eh!, just checkin' 2 see if its still on, grin and oh boy!.it is, coming on strong 2!
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by ada24: 3:43pm On Sep 29, 2010
Orilee9ice:

cheesy NAA WAA OH, YOU GUYS A STILL DISSIN' HIM, i saw him on bentv yesterday and remebered his fanclub, hateclub on NL, and laff-ed eh!, just checkin' 2 see if its still on, grin and oh boy!.it is, coming on strong 2!

poverty mentality at its best, reminds me of those that gt small money, they have no house, no savings but use the money on some 2nd hand jeep, drink and women, and wonder why they are still poor 12months later.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by oboidanre(f): 9:43pm On Sep 29, 2010
Yeepa  shocked See somebody's life outside. 8 pages, Eigggggggggggggggggggggght pages. NLanders a beg o haf melcy  grin

If i be de great grand-uncle to the cousin of the auntie of the great great grand niece of the father to the mother of Keke, after reading dis I go enter lagoon just dey swim go, NO RETURN, talk less of being de man himself.

Chei, dis na wetin yoruba people dey talk say 'won ran lo s'ile ' meeeeen!

Dis one no be LWKMD na LDKMFO (laff don kill me finish o) O jigbi jigbi
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by knotty(m): 11:43am On Sep 30, 2010
^^^^
let me just borrow your handle to pep up the guy`s growing repertoire of names: OBOIDANRE.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by Dalby(m): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2010
roymary:

Real men don't brag, Not when you are no where on Forbes List, Keke is a Local Champion,

We actually are very few grin grin grin
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by MrCork21: 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2010
KEKEKE is a role model to Nigeria, without him there is no MUSIC!! believe that!! h

he single handedly brought Nigerian music to the map, U haters must be broke, probably jobless wink

DONT HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME!!. , I bet u haters are IBO (no oofeinse)
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by Dolemite(f): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2010
Mr-Cork:

KEKEKE is a role model to Nigeria, without him there is no MUSIC!! believe that!! h

he single handedly brought Nigerian music to the map, U haters must be broke, probably jobless wink

Someone please kill this fool, banning him doesn't seem to help much. sad
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by kokoye(m): 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2010
^^^ ;d
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by favouredjb(f): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2010
You want to commit e-murder?
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by Ranoscky(m): 10:56am On Oct 03, 2010
Mr-Cork:

grin grin grin grin grin

Guy apply your brain abeg, e don do !!! grin

Dolemite:

Someone please kill this fool, banning him doesn't seem to help much. sad

You gat me laffin $$$$$ into my bank account !!! grin
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by MrCork21: 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2010
U guys are all BUNCH of IBO haters, especially Dolomite, KEKE has dont great for Nigerian Music industry, PERIOD!!! undecided

QUIT HATING!! angry

By the way, Have you seen Dolomite picture?? she is IBO and She look like a Man wearing wig (no oofeinse)
wink
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by spikedcylinder: 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2010
There's no doubt that the duo of Keke and D1 were pioneers in the Nigerian music industry o but it doesn't make them esp Keke less irritating.
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2010
Mr-Cork:

U guys are all BUNCH of IBO haters, especially Dolomite, KEKE has dont great for Nigerian Music industry, PERIOD!!! undecided

QUIT HATING!! angry

By the way, Have you seen Dolomite picture?? she is IBO and She look like a Man wearing wig (no oofeinse)
wink

haha
Re: Keke Ogungbe Said "i Don't Shop Where Nigerians Shop Abroad" by CGKing(m): 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2010
Mr-Cork:

QUIT HATING!! angry

wink

Sontin is wron wit u. Dont even make this mistake again.They pioneered nada. Our tru music heroes and folks like tu face idibia and 9ice and a host of others. They just happened to be smart enough to be the stepping stone for one or two of our key artistes. Mind you tu face isnt the only pivot for our turn around. Guys like 9ice, the twins and some others were major contributors and they werent under keke's label. He is not a ROLE MODEL; are u outta ur mind.

Check the history of successful labels, you will never ever see the producer. He is always behind the scene making things work. Till this day, have u ever heard of Michael Jacksons producer? Only a loser label and producer competes with his artistes for fans. Nonsense.

Finaly, our annoyance here is simply that was attempting to demean Nigerians when he is not even one with character.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures Of Charly Boy & Justice Oputa / Basketmouth And Wife, Elsie Okpocha Expecting 3rd Child / Yul Edochie Reacts To 'Lack Of Love' In Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.