Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN (17165 Views)

Anambra2021: Where Are The 230,201 APC Members Who Voted In The Primaries? / Nigeria's Population Now 206 Million - NPC / Police Parade 201 Suspected Looters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by rexwalters: 9:26pm On Apr 29, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
Quite Unfortunate!

Majority have lost hope, thinking nothing good can come out of this Nation.

This is what I believe, "we are close to freedom". The scientists confirms that 4am is the darkest part of the night, yet it's the close to the morning.

It's 4am in Nigeria and we are close to the morning.

I am playing my part as a Patriotic Nigerian. I am currently rendering a selfless service where "15 Nigerian youths are being trained by me" so as to assume their dream job/business.

Let's learn to give a hand to the next person, with that we'll break the curse of poverty in Nigeria & Africa.

Nigeria is headed for Greatness, He who believes shall see behold greatness.
Close to your hammer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by Nobody: 11:46pm On Apr 29, 2019
somehow:

Ignorance is bliss

Google is your friend

Read up why Nigeria became the number 1.

Tip: India the former number 1 worked harder than us to reduce drastically the number of poor people in their country.

Read up the rest! The number of poor people in your county didn't increase, rather reduced but not to the number of reductions for the previous number 1.

You expected Buhari to turn Superman overnight to erase 114 million poor people out of Nigeria in 4 years like he planned your country for you from the start unlike India that has 10,20 and 50 years plan which every new government has been following for more than 30 years now?

India was 124 million or thereabouts poor people in 2012/2014 and now 74 million poor people. The plan started 30 years ago, they were not eating their savings or looting it for the past 30 years unlike you and your previous governments!

Have a nice day.

Btw: I didn't guess or assume anything above, it's everywhere on the internet!

You probably find it difficult to understand. That's why you repeated what I already said and still asked me to google it.

Maybe I should have mentioned India to make things clearer.

Reread what I wrote you, slowly, and you find out your response was needless.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 30, 2019
rexwalters:
Close to your hammer.

I am okay on my own even if I render assistance to no-one. I heard the call that urged me to share the same principles that led me to my all round freedom. The developed countries are developed because their top men are willing to share the Principles that rode them into Success.

Many Nigerians are seated because 1. Majority are suspicion of Success 2. Majority carries the impression that uncommon form of assistance offered is a Scam.

I don't spend too much time defending what am capable of but here, "even if you are a footballer, I can assist you get to the top pinnacle of the football game financially & skillfully."

Don't doubt me, my visions are great.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by Funjosh(m): 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
BABANGBALI:
With ajebuter, tohyorsih2, Dominique, folake4u, lankybaby, vickyrotex, funkeshugar, lalasticlala, funjosh, mynd44 and Seun burning childrens anyhow like rats

YOU are a serious problem to this forum. angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by somehow: 10:39am On Apr 30, 2019
I posted fact and figures, what did you post to support your "view"?
vaxx2:
You shoot yourself bro. Poverty is rising in Nigeria . It is not even on track to reduce it.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by vaxx2: 10:54am On Apr 30, 2019
somehow:
I posted fact and figures, what did you post to support your "view"?
What you posted aren't fact but fabrication . A quick check on the internet will tell you otherwise.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by somehow: 11:18am On Apr 30, 2019
I didn't t fabricate what i posted, prove to us by posting evidence that our poverty index grew.

vaxx2:
What you posted aren't fact but fabrication . A quick check on the internet will tell you otherwise.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by vaxx2: 11:35am On Apr 30, 2019
somehow:
I didn't t fabricate what i posted, prove to us by posting evidence that our poverty index grew.

check Nigeria beaurea of statistics to check the increase gap of poverty from 2004 to 2019. It is simple, Go check it.

If the poor people in Nigeria were a country, it will be more than Germany.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by grandstar(m): 11:56am On Apr 30, 2019
somehow:

Ignorance is bliss

Google is your friend

Read up why Nigeria became the number 1.

Tip: India the former number 1 worked harder than us to reduce drastically the number of poor people in their country.

Read up the rest! The number of poor people in your county didn't increase, rather reduced but not to the number of reductions for the previous number 1.

You expected Buhari to turn Superman overnight to erase 114 million poor people out of Nigeria in 4 years like he planned your country for you from the start unlike India that has 10,20 and 50 years plan which every new government has been following for more than 30 years now?

India was 124 million or thereabouts poor people in 2012/2014 and now 74 million poor people. The plan started 30 years ago, they were not eating their savings or looting it for the past 30 years unlike you and your previous governments!

Have a nice day.

Btw: I didn't guess or assume anything above, it's everywhere on the internet!

What you said is inaccurate. All Nigerian governments since the start of democracy have worked towards reducing poverty. That is why they implement pro-growth policies. Economic growth is the best way to reduce poverty. Fast economic growth in China brlifted 400m people into the middle class.

From 1999 - 2013, the Nigerian economy grew on average 6% a year and the middle class was growing. The economy even doubled in size.

Sadly, Buhari upon assumption of office introduced some bad policies which grounded the economy.

First was the the pegging of the Naira at 197 to a $1 without regard to market forces. This "well meaning" policy was based on the belief that economists determine exchange rates and it will be wrong to allow it to devalue and bring sufferings upon the populace.

Unfortunately, and expected by economists, it lead to severe forex scarcity that deprived companies of forex to import raw materials and with mass closure of companies, a severe recession started lasting 6 quarters

Buhari isn't superman but if you can't better things, please don't make it far worse as it is today. It's his fault things are these bad and with this new salary increase, I see worse in front of us.

India's anti-poverty battle didn't start 30years ago. India's economy was about to collapse in 1991 and was forced to implement free market reforms (which Buhari hates) and things began to turnaround for the economy and it started to soar. It was the fast growth that lifted millions of Indians from extreme poverty.

The Nigerian economy has averaged yearly growth of barely 1% since Buhari mounted the saddle while the population has kept growing by 2.6% which means Nigerian got much poorer under Buhari.

Worse, Bloomberg predicted economic growth of 2.5% yearly for the next 4years which is not up to the population growth rate meaning that Nigerians will still get poorer on the next 4 years.

If this new wage will cost the FG an extra 1.2trilliom, I foresee economic turmoil by 2020 at the latest if not by August/ September this year. The naira will come under pressure and with Buhari at the helm, I'm sure the pressure will be mishandled. The mishandling should lead to a recession. But that's only if the new wage increase will cost that much. Even if it's not that much, it can still be very damaging.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by vaxx2: 12:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
grandstar:

What you said is inaccurate. All Nigerian governments since the start of democracy have worked towards reducing poverty. That is why they implement pro-growth policies. Economic growth is the best way to reduce poverty. Fast economic growth in China brlifted 400m people into the middle class.

From 1999 - 2013, the Nigerian economy grew on average 6% a year and the middle class was growing. The economy even doubled in size.

Sadly, Buhari upon assumption of office introduced some bad policies which grounded the economy.

First was the the pegging of the Naira at 197 to a $1 without regard to market forces. This "well meaning" policy was based on the belief that economists determine exchange rates and it will be wrong to allow it to devalue and bring sufferings upon the populace.

Unfortunately, and expected by economists, it lead to severe forex scarcity that deprived companies of forex to import raw materials and with mass closure of companies, a severe recession started lasting 6 quarters

Buhari isn't superman but if you can't better things, please don't make it far worse as it is today. It's his fault things are these bad and with this new salary increase, I see worse in front of us.

India's anti-poverty battle didn't start 30years ago. India's economy was about to collapse in 1991 and was forced to implement free market reforms (which Buhari hates) and things began to turnaround for the economy and it started to soar. It was the fast growth that lifted millions of Indians from extreme poverty.

The Nigerian economy has averaged yearly growth of barely 1% since Buhari mounted the saddle while the population has kept growing by 2.6% which means Nigerian got much poorer under Buhari.

Worse, Bloomberg predicted economic growth of 2.5% yearly for the next 4years which is not up to the population growth rate meaning that Nigerians will still get poorer on the next 4 years.

If this new wage will cost the FG an extra 1.2trilliom, I foresee economic turmoil by 2020 at the latest if not by August/ September this year. The naira will come under pressure and with Buhari at the helm, I'm sure the pressure will be mishandled. The mishandling should lead to a recession. But that's only if the new wage increase will cost that much. Even if it's not that much, it can still be very damaging.
Economy growth should lead to development because the more money in an economy, the more is spent, generating higher employment and salaries. But Growth driven by extractive industries can be an exception which is the case of Nigeria . For example, the Niger delta in Nigeria is the poster child for this.

Well, The only word for taking profit from labor power is "theft." Not growth.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by somehow: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
You still didn't answer or show proof that Buhari increased poverty index. If he did, why have we dropped from 114 to 87 million and not the other way round? i don't need all these sermons if you can't show in numbers how many poor people was added to what we have already.

grandstar:

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by somehow: 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
Oga, i posted mine from what available. kindly post it here what you're driving at. is this too difficult?

vaxx2:
check Nigeria beaurea of statistics to check the increase gap of poverty from 2004 to 2019. It is simple, Go check it.

If the poor people in Nigeria were a country, it will be more than Germany.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by grandstar(m): 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
somehow:
You still didn't answer or show proof that Buhari increased poverty index. If he did, why have we dropped from 114 to 87 million and not the other way round? i don't need all these sermons if you can't show in numbers how many poor people was added to what we have already.

The 87m people are the extremely poor ones and not just the poor.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know poverty has increased in the country. The Naira loss of value from around 200/$1 in mid 2015 to 360 today is enough testament to them

Even with this new salary increase, the previous minimum wage of 18,000 was worth $122 then and the new minimum wage is less than $100.

Don't blame me but blame the National Bureau of Statistics which keeps publishing unfavourable stats.

You Buharist have a major problem. You believe that because the man is highly principled means he is performing. That anything he does is working only that people are either unappreciative or are not patient enough.

Being honest and having managerial competent are 2 different things. He lacks competence in economics, introducing ludicrous policies such as pegged exchange rates which economists have realized is a sure recipe for an economic crash.

I'm apolitical but if I was to vote in 2015, it would have been Buhari ten thousand times over. But realising his incompetence upon assumption of office, I wrote the economy off.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by vaxx2: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
somehow:
Oga, i posted mine from what available. kindly post it here what you're driving at. is this too difficult?

You posted unavailable verified evidence here
And i have given you where my fact can be check right away. Any issue with that?
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by somehow: 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
Fact from where? you posted no poverty figure, so please which fact did you post? can you quote where you posted any poverty index?
vaxx2:
And i have given you where my fact can be check right away. Any issue with that?
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by somehow: 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2019
Same with that of India, the extremely poor was what was measured to have dropped, same with that of Nigeria. unless you want to quote otherwise sir.

grandstar:

The 87m people are the extremely poor ones and not just the poor.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know poverty has increased in the country. The Naira loss of value from around 200/$1 in mid 2015 to 360 today is enough testament to them

Even with this new salary increase, the previous minimum wage of 18,000 was worth $122 then and the new minimum wage is less than $100.

Don't blame me but blame the National Bureau of Statistics which keeps publishing unfavourable stats.

You Buharist have a major problem. You believe that because the man is highly principled means he is performing. That anything he does is working only that people are either unappreciative or are not patient enough.

Being honest and having managerial competent are 2 different things. He lacks competence in economics, introducing ludicrous policies such as pegged exchange rates which economists have realized is a sure recipe for an economic crash.

I'm apolitical but if I was to vote in 2015, it would have been Buhari ten thousand times over. But realising his incompetence upon assumption of office, I wrote the economy off.
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by somehow: 4:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
2012 figure
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-17015873

vaxx2:

2018 figure

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/10/09/nigerias-poverty-index-stands-at-53-7-says-undp/

Please compare the figures, Do they show increase or decrease?
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by vaxx2: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2019

Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by somehow: 5:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
What you posted didn't dispute what i posted!

Question remains: Is 61% extremely poor in 2012 higher than 54% extremely poor in 2018?

vaxx2:
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/.

Move to figure 2
Re: Nigeria’s Population Now 201 Million - UN by Johncables402: 5:47pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hausas and the demons always giving birth to children they cannot feed . Nonsense .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunshots, Panic As Aregbesola’s Convoy Passed Through Osogbo / Bayelsa New Flag: Jonathan Must Speak - Lawyers / Calistus Obi: I Built My Hotel With Funds Diverted From Nigerian Maritime Agency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.