Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father (26702 Views)

Killers Of 16 Soldiers May Be Mercenaries, Not Nigerians – Akpabio / Subsidy Removal: Kill Corruption, Not Nigerians, Bakare Tells Tinubu / Handover Ceremony Of Rear Adm Emmanuel Ogalla, New Chief Of Naval Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by NOHOLDSBAR: 1:06pm On Apr 29, 2019
Al Camerooni is F up. Once the election tribunals are over, the govt should deport him back to Cameroon and reclaim all the money stolen by this crook.

3 Likes

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by Alamu1111: 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
Don and dusted apc all the way

2 Likes

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2019
LordCenturion:
Aaaah, politicians, they can dig up Ur past, present and future,a this things Should be eradicate in Africa,don't know when we are going to develop,if a foreigner can be a president of US,someone that has foreign background can be a mayor of England, and we see some Nigerians contesting for houses Italy, Canada, UK, Scotland etc,don't know why other foreigners can contest for any post in Nigeria...

It's because those coutries you mentioned compromise mainly of advanced citizens, both physically, mentally, and economically.

They are miles ahead of the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by harmonyglobal: 1:12pm On Apr 29, 2019
This is serious, Atiku just quit, u have made a name for yourself already. Don't let them rubbish u with dirt plsssss

1 Like

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by loomer: 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
The question is, where them born am?

Does he have Nigerian passport (legally)
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by MobilityExpress: 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2019
Jason007:
isn't it funny, when he was vice president he was a Nigerian now years down the line ,he isn't a Nigerian. so what has changed..

A vice president is selected, not voted for. By law, a naturalized citizen can be vice president but only a Nigerian by birth can be president.

4 Likes

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by LANDLORD72: 1:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
EmagNig:
A man who claims to be a close friend of Atiku’s parents, precisely his late father Garba Abubakar, alleged that neither of his parents was a Nigerian.
Avvording to a fresh documents filed by the All Progressives Congress (APC) before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja, the unnamed family friend gave details of Atiku’s early years and how his father died, the Nation reports.

The All Progressive Congress had earlier argued that the former Vice-President of Nigeria is of Cameroonian origin and not even a Nigerian by birth.

But in his response, Atiku said he was a Nigerian by birth because his parents were Nigerians.

“The parents of the 1st petitioner (Atiku) are both Fulani, a community/tribe indigenous to Nigeria.
“The 1st petitioner was born on 25th November, 1946 in Jada, Adamawa State by Nigerian parents and he is therefore a citizen of Nigeria by birth.
“The 1st petitioner’s mother, Aisha Kande was the grand-daughter of Inuwa Dutse who came to Jada as an itinerant trader too from Dutse in present day Jigawa State.
“The 1st petitioner’s father, Garba Atiku Abubakar was a Nigerian by birth who hailed from Wumo in present day Sokoto State while the mother, Aisha Kande was also a Nigerian who hailed from Dutse in present day Jigawa State.

But, in a statement filed by an APC witness, simply identified with the initials – ADM – the party repudiate Atiku’s claim.

The witness said:
“l, ADM, adult, Nigerian citizen of Adamawa State do hereby make oath and say as follows:

“That I was a close family friend to the 1st petitioner’s late father. I know the family and I am familiar with the 1st petitioner’s background: who was born on the 25th day of November, 1946 to a Fulani trader and farmer by name Garba Abubakar, from his second wife, Aisha Kande, in Jada village of Northern Cameroon.

“I know the 1st petitioner was named after his paternal grandfather, Atiku Abdulkadir and became the only child of his parents after his only sister died at infancy.

“I also know about the unfortunate incidence of the death of the 1st petitioner’s father in 1957, who drowned while crossing a river to Toungo. a neighbouring village to Jada in Northern Cameroon.

“I do know that the 1st petitioner has, in all his documentations that are made public in national dailies or official gazettes, stated that he hails from Jada town in Adamawa State, from Ganye Local Government Area, regarded as the mother of the whole Chamba ethnic group (Chamba tribe).

“I know as a fact that, as at the time the 1st petitioner was born on the 25th day of November, 1946 to a FulanI trader and farmer, Garba Abubakar, Jada village and other parts of Chamba land in the then Northern Cameroon, were still part of the British Cameroons and not Nigeria.

“None of the 1st petitioner’s parents or grandparents was born in Nigeria.

“The 1st petitioner‘s father died as a citizen of Northern Cameroon in 1957 prior to the referendum of 1st June, 1961 which made Northern Cameroon to become part of Nigeria.

“The 1st petitioner’s ancestral origin is deeply rooted in the then Northern Cameroon, not Nigeria and I know as a fact that the 1st petitioner is not a Nigerian citizen by birth

“I know that Ganye which incorporates the 1st petitioner’s birth place of Jada, was the headquarters of British Cameroons, but it joined Nigeria after the plebiscite.

“I know that Ganye was not part of Nigeria as at the time of the birth of the 1st petitioner; on 25th November 1946.“I am familiar with the historical antecedents of the birth place of the 1st petitioner.

“Ganye area had been entrusted to Britain by a League of Nations Mandate in 1919 and later as Trust Territory by the United Nations in 1946.

“With the defeat of Germany in World War I. Kamerun (as it was known at the time) became a League of Nations Mandate Territory and was split into French Cameroons and British Cameroons in 1919

“While France integrated the economy of its part of the Cameroons with that of the mother colonial France, the British on the other hand, administered its part (British Cameroons) from neighbouring Nigeria, making Jada, the 1st petitioner’s place of birth, a British franchise.

“I know that a plebiscite was held in British Cameroons to determine whether the people in that territory preferred to stay in Cameroon or unite with Nigeria.

“While Northern Cameroon preferred a union with Nigeria, the Southern Cameroon chose to align with the mother country.

“I know that on the 1st of June 1961, Northern Cameroon became a part of Nigeria and on the 1st of October 1961 the Southern Cameroonian territory dissolved and merged into the Republic of Cameroon.”
An aide to Atiku told The Nation last night that his principal would not respond to the issue.

https://lailasnews.com/atikus-parents-not-nigerians/

My grandmother knows Buhari father long before Buhari was born she said they came from Niger republic the village name is Duruku if you doubt me Google Duruku out.
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by Catalyst4eva(m): 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2019
Neither Atiku's parents nor Buhari's parents were Nigerians by birth.
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2019
Wonders will never end in this country. Someone who has already formerly served in capacity of Vice President only now are they questioning his citizenship? Even if his parents are of Cameroonian origin, the fact he was born here, lived all his life here, has a Nigerian passport and has already served at such a senior level in our government is enough to remove all doubt about his citizenship. This whole thing reeks of desperation by the APC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by Jman06(m): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
The stupid ADM just kept repeating "I know" "I know" without giving any concrete evidence to refute the contents of Atiku's petition.

All the gang ups against Atiku shall fail insha Allah
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by YoungAncient1: 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
I figured that this witness called ADM, should be atleast 80 years old for him to know Atiku's father.

He hasn't said anything different from the claim of his paymasters the APC.

But since he seem to know so much about migrant Fulani families, he should tell us where malam Hardo Adamu, the father of Muhammadu Buhari hailed from.

3 Likes

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by lepasharon(f): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2019
LordCenturion:
Aaaah, politicians, they can dig up Ur past, present and future,a this things Should be eradicate in Africa,don't know when we are going to develop,if a foreigner can be a president of US,someone that has foreign background can be a mayor of England, and we see some Nigerians contesting for houses Italy, Canada, UK, Scotland etc,don't know why other foreigners can contest for any post in Nigeria, even we see each others as a foreigners,one of my Brother(Yoruba) who travelled to enugu was seen as a foreigner in the same country?,it was forbidden for yorubas to rule in igbo land,I don't know why igbo can't be a governor of ogun state,not to talk of someone from other countries....

Did you just say a foreigner was a president of the US?

2 Likes

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by IfoyinTEDO(f): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
cartoonartiste:
they want to finish dis man
1,000 for a carton of myself. Are you serious.

Even your sample is not fancy enough for advertisement.

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by YoungAncient1: 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
Jman06:
The stupid ADM just kept repeating "I know" "I know" without giving any concrete evidence to refute the contents of Atiku's petition.

All the gang ups against Atiku shall fail insha Allah
shows you he was quoting from a statement prepared affidavit style by the defense team of APC.

1 Like

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by jumobi1(m): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2019
So Atiku’s parents are from a place that wasn’t part of Nigeria then but is part of Nigeria now?
Abeg he is Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by GoodMuyis(m): 1:22pm On Apr 29, 2019
LordCenturion:
Aaaah, politicians, they can dig up Ur past, present and future,a this things Should be eradicate in Africa,don't know when we are going to develop,if a foreigner can be a president of US,someone that has foreign background can be a mayor of England, and we see some Nigerians contesting for houses Italy, Canada, UK, Scotland etc,don't know why other foreigners can contest for any post in Nigeria, even we see each others as a foreigners,one of my Brother(Yoruba) who travelled to enugu was seen as a foreigner in the same country?,it was forbidden for yorubas to rule in igbo land,I don't know why igbo can't be a governor of ogun state,not to talk of someone from other countries....

Atiku has the chance to play a moral politics where he could have said Buhari is not Jibril el sudan, but enjoy the show. Earlier this month he accused Buhari for not been a fulani. Now the silent mess is poluting everywhere
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by YoungAncient1: 1:23pm On Apr 29, 2019
MobilityExpress:

A vice president is selected, not voted for. By law, a naturalized citizen can be vice president but only a Nigerian by birth can be president.
so what happens if a sitting President dies or is impeached? Will a new election be conducted for "Nigerians by birth only" or does the "naturalized Nigerian" become President?

2 Likes

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by Jman06(m): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
YoungAncient1:
shows you he was quoting from a statement prepared affidavit style by the defense team of APC.
Honestly!

All these baseless claims by APC is even enough grounds for the election tribunal to pass judgment in favor of Atiku sef. It shows that APC doesn't have cogent defences against Atiku's petition!
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by HomeOfMe(f): 1:25pm On Apr 29, 2019
EmagNig:
A man who claims to be a close friend of Atiku’s parents, precisely his late father Garba Abubakar, alleged that neither of his parents was a Nigerian.
Avvording to a fresh documents filed by the All Progressives Congress (APC) before the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja, the unnamed family friend gave details of Atiku’s early years and how his father died, the Nation reports.

The All Progressive Congress had earlier argued that the former Vice-President of Nigeria is of Cameroonian origin and not even a Nigerian by birth.

But in his response, Atiku said he was a Nigerian by birth because his parents were Nigerians.

“The parents of the 1st petitioner (Atiku) are both Fulani, a community/tribe indigenous to Nigeria.
“The 1st petitioner was born on 25th November, 1946 in Jada, Adamawa State by Nigerian parents and he is therefore a citizen of Nigeria by birth.
“The 1st petitioner’s mother, Aisha Kande was the grand-daughter of Inuwa Dutse who came to Jada as an itinerant trader too from Dutse in present day Jigawa State.
“The 1st petitioner’s father, Garba Atiku Abubakar was a Nigerian by birth who hailed from Wumo in present day Sokoto State while the mother, Aisha Kande was also a Nigerian who hailed from Dutse in present day Jigawa State.

But, in a statement filed by an APC witness, simply identified with the initials – ADM – the party repudiate Atiku’s claim.

The witness said:
“l, ADM, adult, Nigerian citizen of Adamawa State do hereby make oath and say as follows:

“That I was a close family friend to the 1st petitioner’s late father. I know the family and I am familiar with the 1st petitioner’s background: who was born on the 25th day of November, 1946 to a Fulani trader and farmer by name Garba Abubakar, from his second wife, Aisha Kande, in Jada village of Northern Cameroon.

“I know the 1st petitioner was named after his paternal grandfather, Atiku Abdulkadir and became the only child of his parents after his only sister died at infancy.

“I also know about the unfortunate incidence of the death of the 1st petitioner’s father in 1957, who drowned while crossing a river to Toungo. a neighbouring village to Jada in Northern Cameroon.

“I do know that the 1st petitioner has, in all his documentations that are made public in national dailies or official gazettes, stated that he hails from Jada town in Adamawa State, from Ganye Local Government Area, regarded as the mother of the whole Chamba ethnic group (Chamba tribe).

“I know as a fact that, as at the time the 1st petitioner was born on the 25th day of November, 1946 to a FulanI trader and farmer, Garba Abubakar, Jada village and other parts of Chamba land in the then Northern Cameroon, were still part of the British Cameroons and not Nigeria.

“The 1st petitioner‘s father died as a citizen of Northern Cameroon in 1957 prior to the referendum of 1st June, 1961 which made Northern Cameroon to become part of Nigeria.

“The 1st petitioner’s ancestral origin is deeply rooted in the then Northern Cameroon, not Nigeria and I know as a fact that the 1st petitioner is not a Nigerian citizen by birth

“I know that Ganye which incorporates the 1st petitioner’s birth place of Jada, was the headquarters of British Cameroons, but it joined Nigeria after the plebiscite.

“I know that Ganye was not part of Nigeria as at the time of the birth of the 1st petitioner; on 25th November 1946.“I am familiar with the historical antecedents of the birth place of the 1st petitioner.

“Ganye area had been entrusted to Britain by a League of Nations Mandate in 1919 and later as Trust Territory by the United Nations in 1946.

“With the defeat of Germany in World War I. Kamerun (as it was known at the time) became a League of Nations Mandate Territory and was split into French Cameroons and British Cameroons in 1919

“While France integrated the economy of its part of the Cameroons with that of the mother colonial France, the British on the other hand, administered its part (British Cameroons) from neighbouring Nigeria, making Jada, the 1st petitioner’s place of birth, a British franchise.

“I know that a plebiscite was held in British Cameroons to determine whether the people in that territory preferred to stay in Cameroon or unite with Nigeria.

“While Northern Cameroon preferred a union with Nigeria, the Southern Cameroon chose to align with the mother country.

“I know that on the 1st of June 1961, Northern Cameroon became a part of Nigeria and on the 1st of October 1961 the Southern Cameroonian territory dissolved and merged into the Republic of Cameroon.”
An aide to Atiku told The Nation last night that his principal would not respond to the issue.

For how long do they want to play this "Atiku is not a Nigerian" card? Is Obama's father an American? As long as he was born and raised in Nigeria,he is a Nigerian citizen.
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by GoodMuyis(m): 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2019
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by valentineuwakwe(m): 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2019
ok fine ....he is not a Nigerian..why didn't you come out since to say it....
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by hybridblood07(m): 1:30pm On Apr 29, 2019
Based on what I heard from a very senior man and my own research, the city or place Atiku was born was Cameroon but years after, the place was included as part of Nigeria which simply means Atiku is a Nigerian....Im not his fan neither wanted him to win the presidential election. Politicians should stop saying trash because they know the truth...
EmagNig:

The witness said:

Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by chukwuibuipob: 1:32pm On Apr 29, 2019
smiley wink cheesy grin smiley wink wink cheesy grin angry sad All thanks/credit to the Hunchback ,p0rn o ,Kanu Ngadanwude the terrorist for letting us knw
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by Exponental(m): 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2019
Is this why he was rigged out?
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by MrBen619(m): 1:35pm On Apr 29, 2019
They said buhari don't have any result but we voted for him initially without minding about that.
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by Siscooh: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2019
ClearFlair:
Otoge Cameroon loading grin grin grin
Story with no substance
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:37pm On Apr 29, 2019
Atiku is in seriously serious trouble. See what his appeal has caused
Re: ADM: Atiku's Parents Were Not Nigerians - Man Who Claims To Know His Father by kayroc: 1:40pm On Apr 29, 2019
This whole Cameroonian saga reminds me of the Obama is Kemyan story back then. I remember my sister told me that in US people opposed to Obama decided to rubbish him by saying he is not an American citizen and Trump actually started serious wahala when he said he sent investigator to Obama home state to search for proofs.

So APC is now playing Republican style conspiracy politics. And we said that Atiku should invest more in outreach in South West then. APC is doing everything doable to render his ambition useless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ministerial Screening: Saraki’s Gamble Fails, APC Chiefs Insist On CCT Trial / Fayose Defeats EFCC As Court Says EFCC Lacks Power To Probe State Finances / Saraki: Why I Want To Be President - Rule Of Law, Fairness & Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.