Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? (62467 Views)

Angina Pectoris: My Story, My Experience / Doctor In The House - Cardiac Problems, High Blood Pressure, Chest Pain(angina) / Czech Man Becomes The First Person In The World To Live With No Heart Or Pulse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? by oyinda3(f): 6:38pm On Sep 21, 2010
if it's just a chest wall pain that she can feel when she touches the area, then does she cough a lot, sneeze a lot or exercise a lot? the pressure maybe what's weakening her chest muscles.
if her chest pain gets worse with deep breathes and she can't feel the pain from touching or pressing the area with her fingers, then it may be a more serious illness. although it's rare in young people, it can happen.
Re: Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? by Romeo4rea1: 12:23pm On Sep 22, 2010
@Fellis -

How did the Physician diagnose Angina? Your post says he prescribed her the drugs since it was what he "suspected". It is crucial that this diagnosis was done using any one,or a combination of confirmed clinical methods such as EKG, Stress tests, Chest X-Rays, Coronary Angiography, Blood Tests, or even a Cardiac Catheterization. If none if these test were done, a diagnosis on Angina cannot be confirmed. Naija doctors are famous for mis-diagnosis of illnesses.

As i already told you (in my missing post), one of the drugs she was prescribed is not for Angina at all, and can be highly toxic. If also has quite serious side effects. You need to get the person to get another diagnosis, and confirm it with at least one of the above tests.
Re: Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 22, 2010
oyinda.:

if it's just a chest wall pain that she can feel when she touches the area, then does she cough a lot, sneeze a lot or exercise a lot? the pressure maybe what's weakening her chest muscles.
if her chest pain gets worse with deep breathes and she can't feel the pain from touching or pressing the area with her fingers, then it may be a more serious illness. although it's rare in young people, it can happen.

fellis answered your "question" light yrs ago . . .

fellis:

@Gamine, thank you very, very much. I appreciate. I really do.
@davidylan,
I know it is unusual that was even why I came to NL to ask. I hardly ever hear of such young people suffering from heart conditions. They put her on 3 drugs presently;indomethacid, nitroglycerin and a last one I don't remember the name of.
@oyinda,
all I know about the pain, what she said; is that it is sharp, she feels it at the left side of her chest and sometimes it spreads to her left arm and back. I would have to ask again from her to know more.

A typical chest wall muscle pain would not radiate to the left arm and back. You're on a completely different track.
Re: Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 22, 2010
Romeo4rea1:

@Fellis -

How did the Physician diagnose Angina? Your post says he prescribed her the drugs since it was what he "suspected". It is crucial that this diagnosis was done using any one,or a combination of confirmed clinical methods such as EKG, Stress tests, Chest X-Rays, Coronary Angiography, Blood Tests, or even a Cardiac Catheterization. If none if these test were done, a diagnosis on Angina cannot be confirmed. Naija doctors are famous for mis-diagnosis of illnesses.

As i already told you (in my missing post), one of the drugs she was prescribed is not for Angina at all, and can be highly toxic. If also has quite serious side effects. You need to get the person to get another diagnosis, and confirm it with at least one of the above tests.

lol i was also wondering about the indomethacine too . . . that's just rat poison by a scientific name.  grin
Its used to suppress pain though so i would understand why she was prescribed that.
Re: Can A Person In Their Twenties Have Angina? by oyinda3(f): 3:35am On Sep 23, 2010
davidylan:

fellis answered your "question" light yrs ago . . .

A typical chest wall muscle pain would not radiate to the left arm and back. You're on a completely different track.

i read her reply that's why i told her to ask her d next time she sees her.  wink
and your right. that's a red flag. but i don't think it's conclusive. and besides it doesn't hurt to know.

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Myths And Facts About Getting Pregnant / Mastubation, Any Effects? / Family Of Dead Nigerian Nurse On The Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.