Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,278 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Man Wrongly Imprisoned For 27 Years Seeks N20bn Compensation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Wrongly Imprisoned For 27 Years Seeks N20bn Compensation (237 Views)

Aderemi Adeoye: My Firm Worth N20bn, Will Give Dangote A Run For His Money / Nnamdi Kanu Sues Ahmed Abubakar, NIA DG, Demands N20bn Compensation / Man Wrongly Imprisoned For 27 Years Seeks N20bn Compensation (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Man Wrongly Imprisoned For 27 Years Seeks N20bn Compensation by happigist: 1:44pm On Apr 29, 2019
Clinton Kanu, a 56-year-old man, has said he will demand a N20bn compensation for spending 27 years behind bars for a crime he did not commit.

Kanu, who was sentenced to death in 1992 for murder, was freed by the Supreme Court on April 5, 2019.

The Okigwe, Imo State-born consultant criminologist explained that though he made efforts to absolve himself from a gang-up that led to his incarceration, nobody was ready to listen to him until he was jailed.

While in prison, Kanu lost his mother; coupled with the fact that he was not married, he said he fought loneliness.

Kanu, who recounted the incident that led to his travail, said, “About 27 years ago, some people were accused of stealing a generator and fluorescent tubes; they were my in-laws.

“After a court decided the case, we suddenly heard that somebody was killed in the compound where my sister married. I was arrested because those behind my ordeal thought I was trying to......continue reading on https://www.happigist.com/a-56-year-old-man-wrongly-imprisoned-for-27-years-seeks-n20bn-compensation/

Re: Man Wrongly Imprisoned For 27 Years Seeks N20bn Compensation by Mynd44: 2:06pm On Apr 29, 2019

(1)

Zainab Aliyu The Alleged Drug Trafficker In Saudi Arabia Has Been Released / Tribunal Orders INEC To Allow PDP Inspect Election Materials In A’ibom / 1m Muslims, Christians Intercede For Buhari Ahead Of Swearing-in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.