Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello (971 Views)

Hardship: 8 LP Lawmakers In Anambra Assembly Donate 6 Months Salaries / Governor Yahaya Bello New Look (Photos) / Governor Yahaya Bello's Accident Scene In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Muttee: 12:35am On Apr 30, 2019
Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello says he has paid salaries for 38 months since he assumed office, and only owed the state workers four months’ salary.

The governor said this following a claim by the state chapter of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) that he owed the state workers between 8 to 38 salary arrears.

But responding to the allegation, Kingsley Fanwo, spokesman of the governor, said the state government had paid salaries for 38 months since it came into power.

Fanwo said this during a press briefing after an All Progressives Congress (APC) stakeholders’ meeting in Takete Ide Amuro in Mopamuro local government area, on Monday.

“One of the questions our party members asked during the meeting was about the claim by labour that we are owing workers 38 months salaries,” he said.

“As far as government is concerned, we have paid 38 months salaries starting from September 2015. We have been in office for just 39 months. But we are still owing four months’ salaries because we started paying from the period we are yet to assume power.

“We are not in any power play with labour. We will continue to appreciate their understanding and we pledge to clear all arrears as soon as possible.

“We know how pivotal salaries are to microeconomics and we also know we owe other sectors of the public a good number of social amenities. Government will continue to manage the contending interests to serve a good number of the population.”

Fanwo also dismissed reports insinuating that the governor was planning to dump the ruling party.

“It is laughable to insinuate that a governor that just led our party to landslide and historic victory in the 2019 general elections is about to abandon his bungalow to rent a hut,” he said.

“If this is the kind of propaganda opposition wants to fly with, then they are not ready for the November 2nd electoral battle in the state.

“Governor Yahaya Bello is the landlord of Kogi APC. Anyone coming is a tenant. Where were those opponents when he built the party into what dwarfed others in the 2019 elections?”

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/04/I-Only-Owe-Four-Months-Salaries-Kogi-Governor-Yahaya-Bello.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by BarrElChapo(m): 12:38am On Apr 30, 2019
Fool

1 Like

Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by CreepyBlackpool: 12:48am On Apr 30, 2019
And you take no shame in saying it?undecided
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 1:09am On Apr 30, 2019
How is 4 month salaries become 'only?Are you owing yourself one month salary Mr gov?

3 Likes

Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Arexit: 1:11am On Apr 30, 2019
... and I’m sure yours is not part of it! Useless people
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Seetto: 1:19am On Apr 30, 2019
God, wallahi these people deserve death by suyaring...four month salary,you said only , this is absolutely uncalled for, the high time we started stoning these people the better for naija people.

1 Like

Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by seanfer(m): 1:52am On Apr 30, 2019
How many months Security Votes are you owing yourself? None. You are wicked and insensitive. 120 days you called Just. I wish you didn’t get your party’s ticket
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 30, 2019
the good people of kogi state will decide who to lead in the next four years when the time comes. so stop this nonsense talk and do what you are expected to do
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Ijawdefender: 3:41am On Apr 30, 2019
You are owing workers 4 months. How do you expect them to feed,pay house rent and take care of other things? Mr governor you are heartless and dont deserve another term.
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Hector09(m): 4:00am On Apr 30, 2019
This man is wicked he is calling for months only, as if federal government dnr gv u allocation every month, we don suffer for this country
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by kolafolabi(m): 5:12am On Apr 30, 2019
He's the worst Governor of the year

1 Like

Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Chinashopping84: 5:22am On Apr 30, 2019
Internal crisis going on in that part of the country
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by helinues: 6:58am On Apr 30, 2019
Undisputed worst governor in Nigeria.

Imagine, In real life Yaya Bello and Samuel Ortom of Benue are good friends... Hahahahah
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Naijaalive(m): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2019
Shame
Re: I Only Owe Four Months’ Salaries - Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello by Naijaalive(m): 11:10am On Apr 30, 2019
helinues:
Undisputed worst governor in Nigeria.

Imagine, In real life Yaya Bello and Samuel Ortom of Benue are good friends... Hahahahah

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Emefiele: Buhari Disappoints Critics, Gives A Glimpse Of Next Level Agenda / 91.8 Million Nigerians Are Extremely Poor, Says World Poverty Clock / 2023: INEC Begins Nationwide Distribution Of Pvcs, Voters Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.