Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. (764 Views)

North-East Governors: Traditional Rulers Conniving With Bandits In Our States / Governors, Traditional Rulers Demand Special Protection For SW's Economy / Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. by mrkunlex(m): 8:01am On Apr 30, 2019
- The Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams has raised an alarm over what he calls “a desecration of Yoruba culture and tradition.”

- The revered Yoruba leader was reacting to the alleged installation some Yoruba Obas in diaspora by Oba Obateru Akinruntan in Ugboland

- Adams called on south-west governors and traditional rulers to call the Olugbo of Ugbo kingdom to order

The Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams has called on south-west governors and traditional rulers to call the Olugbo of Ugbo kingdom, Oba Fredrick Obateru Akinruntan to order.

Adams was reacting to the alleged installation some Yoruba Obas in diaspora by Oba Akinruntan in Ugboland.

In a statement sent to Legit.ng on Monday, April 29, the revered Yoruba leader described Oba Akinruntan's action as, “a desecration of Yoruba culture and tradition.”

READ ALSO: We don't support Bello's second term bid - Kogi APC elders

Part of the statement read: “As the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, I swore during my installation in January 2018, to always protect the name and project the image of Yorubaland. That is exactly the purpose of my intervention at this moment.

“What Akinruntan did (he was even arrogant about it by referring to himself as the number one king in Yorubaland) is a complete desecration of our culture, tradition and value and I urge south-west governors, especially Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state, and Yoruba monarchs to please call him to order immediately before it is too late.

“This impudence is fraudulent, a clear and present danger that can destroy our tradition if something urgent is not done immediately.

“What Olugbo did, he did it single-handedly, against the wishes of all the Yoruba Obas in Nigeria as a whole.
“A good example of this historical hiatus happened not long ago, when some surrogates came from France, asking the Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba Abdul Rasheed Akanbi to install them as a Yoruba Oba in France.
“But rather than toeing the path to perdition as Olugbo just did, the Iwo monarch resisted, saying he will never go against the wishes of the Yoruba Obas.

Oba AbdulRasheed Akanbi knew what was right from what was wrong. As a royal father, he does not want to go to Golgotha.”

He warned that no one has the audacity to distort Yoruba history, stressing that the culture is rich in all ramifications
According to him, in Yoruba history, Ile Ife remains the cradle of the people's existence, with over 99 percent of the race migrating from Ile Ife.

He added that apart from Ile Ife, Oyo has always been a foremost institution in Yorubaland, with Oranmiyan being the great progenitor. The two ancient towns, he said, occupy the most prominent position in Yoruba history and not Ugbo land.

“As the Aare Ona Kakanfo of Yorubaland, I want to tell Akinruntan that he only crowned these characters as chiefs in his domain, not as Yoruba Obas in the diaspora, because he doesn't have the power. It is fraudulent, it is an affront on our history and we will not allow anybody to distort our history.

“In the same vein, I think all the socio cultural groups in Yoruba land, including Afenifere, Yoruba Council of Elders, Yoruba Unity Forum and other notable groups in the south-west should raise their voices against such fraud. It is our responsibilities to protect our history, and put our records straight.
“More importantly, I will like to tell some of the professors Olugbo is using to desecrate the traditional institutions to desist from such acts as that can later hunt them in the future.

“I want to tell Akinruntan that nobody can buy the Yoruba, at home and abroad.You cannot gain respect by attacking other Obas, especially those senior to you,” he concluded.

https://www.legit.ng/1235888-gani-adams-urges-south-west-governors-traditional-rulers-call-ondo-monarch-order.html

Lalasticlala
Re: Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. by lawaljuliuss(m): 8:23am On Apr 30, 2019
OK sir...
Re: Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. by Dannyhajo(m): 10:23am On Apr 30, 2019
so na you supposed install them abi... tell me if your office has any legal grand with Nigeria government current affairs commission? Aare where
Re: Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. by comradewanle(m): 10:31am On Apr 30, 2019
Dannyhajo:
so na you supposed install them abi... tell me if your office has any legal grand with Nigeria government current affairs commission? Aare where

Pls, must you respond to everything you read ?

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. by Dannyhajo(m): 12:03pm On Apr 30, 2019
comradewanle:

Pls, must you respond to everything you read ?

hey foolish kid... you're one of those foolish Nce or degree holders without handwork currently I'm at work and at the same time browsing...I just pity you that has no job but being on here waiting for latest news
Re: Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. by adekolaelect(m): 12:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
Dannyhajo:

hey foolish kid... you're one of those foolish Nce or degree holders without handwork currently I'm at work and at the same time browsing...I just pity you that has no job but being on here waiting for latest news
somebody that lost his or her moral and Heritage value can't never value it for others.An empty Barrels will always make noise .Gala hacking in the traffic is a job.

Re: Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. by adekolaelect(m): 1:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
Dannyhajo:
you lost value and respect.

Re: Gani Adams Urges South-west Governors, Traditional Rulers To Call Ondo Monarch.. by Olatunji1929: 1:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
Dannyhajo:
you must be very stupid omo Iran kiran

(1) (Reply)

Quick Question, Do Women Rule The World? YES OR NO / Lawan Warns Northerners, Reveals Region That Will Produce Buhari’s Successor / And Justice Has Prevailed In Zamfara Atiku Reacts To Supreme Court Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.