Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff (10516 Views)

FG May Reverse Fuel Pump Price To N160 Per Litre, Negotiations Continue Dec 7 / How Will The New Petrol Price & Electricity Tariff Hike By FG Affect You? / NLC Rejects Hike In Petrol Price, Electricity Tariff As Protest Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by iwaeda: 9:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
The Aare Onakakanfo of Yorubaland, Iba Gani Adams, has urged the Federal Government to rescind its decisions on recent increase in the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) and electricity tariff.

Adams, in a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Aderemi, in Lagos on Thursday, said the hike in petrol price and electricity tariff would multiply hardship of the masses.

According to him, many Nigerians are finding it difficult to survive economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The hardship that will result from the increase in pump price of petrol and electricity tariff will, for a long time, affect the people of this country.

“With this sudden increase, the prices of every commodity will definitely reach the rooftops and this will be more felt particularly, at a time like this when the world is still battling with the COVID-19 impasse.

https://www.independent.ng/gani-adams-urges-fg-nass-to-reverse-fuel-price-electricity-tariff/

4 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by ZKOSOSO(m): 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2020
Will the Pharaoh of Nigeria listen to anyone...??

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by ipobarethieves: 4:55am On Sep 04, 2020
sad
Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by jericco1(m): 4:56am On Sep 04, 2020
This government is like Nigeria's inflation, once it goes up, it doesn't come back again angry

13 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Felajack: 4:57am On Sep 04, 2020
G
Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Deborah98(f): 4:59am On Sep 04, 2020
Yes everything that went up should be reversed, ahhhhh what's all these now? Are we begging for change by force, leave us at the level we were before,we are okay with it when fuel was #65 and kerosene #50...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by XVIDEOSMOD: 5:00am On Sep 04, 2020
See what Nigerians brought upon themselves, the same man that protested pump price must be 65 has now increased pump price to 152. Where are the pastors and celebrities that joined in the protest then ?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by easyfem(m): 5:00am On Sep 04, 2020
bros ADAM , if u want me to take u serious , keep talking abt divide the useless country call naija or keep talking abt restructure......... the system of that country gov cant make any idea of urs work ............

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Kexcellency: 5:01am On Sep 04, 2020
What I have to say is "Buhari is on a mission". Fingers crossed.

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by GOFRONT(m): 5:01am On Sep 04, 2020
With our wealth, we are still complaining
Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by RapistOnBail: 5:01am On Sep 04, 2020
grin

Never let the system be ahead of you.

All of us @ RAPISTs ON BAIL warned about the hardship that would come as a result of the SCAMMY CORONA VIRUS. Una say our mouth Dey smell. Make we shut up.

Una sufferings never start grin

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by kolafolabi(m): 5:02am On Sep 04, 2020
Mr. President, no matter how much these sycophants around you may praise you for this action, have it at the back of your mind that it is just a step in the wrong direction but also a terrible one.

14 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by QuickStandard: 5:03am On Sep 04, 2020
Way to go

Where are all those that were protesting during Jonathan's era?

Have they all chickened out?

Can't imagine even Prof Wole Soyinka has gone into extinction. COWARD, much I supposed.

Where are all the hungry Nollywood Bandwagons?
They have caved in as well?

Useless set of people.....

We are all in it together. We the hustling Nigerians will always strive, no matter what.

23 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:04am On Sep 04, 2020
This is not the time to increase fuel price in our darling nation at all.

Not with all that is going on around the world, pandemic et al,
When people are finding it difficult to survive.

This is the same reason we voted out the party of thieves and criminals.

This is not the change we voted for.

The same way we sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians praised this government when they reduced fuel price sometimes ago, we should make sure we put our voice together to castigate and talk against this.

That is the voice the government will listen to,
Not the voice of children of hate, frustration and perdition that have never seen any good thing in our country,
That all they do is to wail continously in life.
They even wailed when the price was reduced.
They have been wailing since PMB won the election, even before swearing in!
They are not wailing for the common man like sane and honest people are doing, but they are wailing in pain that the corrupt money being shared to them by the losers they support is not forthcoming anymore.
They have been so used to corruption, they see it as a way of life.
That is what we stand against.

Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians,
Let us come together to Say no to this fuel increase,
definitely not at this time and ignore enemies of the country that want the evil politicians they voted for to remain in power together.

Something must be done about this NOW!
God bless Nigeria.

If you are a genuine Nigerian against this increase like us,
Signify and let us take it from here,
We have the Voice and the power.
And if you are an enemy of the nation,
aka, children of hate and perdition, aka swines, and dare quote this post to wail,
May the suffering of the masses go to your heads and the heads of your looters you support a 100 folds.
May you be strike down with the hatred for our country that has consumed you.
Quote, let us know who will be struck rn!

We Rise

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by ForeThinker: 5:05am On Sep 04, 2020
What to do
Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Jahzrockballer(m): 5:05am On Sep 04, 2020
They should just sell this country and give everybody his or her own share from the proceeds

7 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by ajailer(m): 5:06am On Sep 04, 2020
A very clueless administration.

6 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by IME1: 5:06am On Sep 04, 2020
undecided
URGES
undecided

The same man who gave Obj tough time?
Reminds me of all those who were playing football on Lagos express road after Ubth all in the name of occupy Nigeria in January 2012. Some even put mattress on the highway in some states shocked

Where are all those occupy Nigeria people?

The whole Nigeria stood still for almost a week, if you don't know, can't remember or where unconcerned then in 2012.

The older generations have failed in more ways than one. Especially those who were mature right from the time of Obj's time as military president. Failed. They refused to relive, pass on, inform, remember history to tell generations after them. I remember telling some younger friends about GMB in 2015 when they were agitating for him like sliced bread and egg with butter. I told them we who experienced the man before will NEVER support his becoming RULER again, but they didn't listen. They said he is handsome! What a joke?! The greater joke is that they said he's of integrity! cry cry

It's not personal but issue based. The fact is that the number of Nigerians who can survive the increment in electricity tariff and new fuel price and of course increase in EVERYTHING are fewer than those who can't. cry cry

I've never worked for government so government ought to know that many who are self employed, especially those not offering essential services or commodities will suffer more. For instance, one Gifts Shop I used to know has converted to Electrical Materials Store, who buys gifts anymore undecided card, abi picture frame abi figurine?

Sad life, sad country, sad state of things.
The solution is not to complain or leave the country.
The solution is to stand up as one people and fight to take back our nation.
If you think Canada, UAE, US, France, Ghana, Germany or even China came down from the skies as the new Jerusalem will, YOU are strongly mistaken angry those people FOUGHT for their countries! Read about French revolution, China's breakaway from Japanese stronghold, America's war against British rulership, Ghana's bloody revolution and so on.

Inasmuch as I don't support bloodshed, abusing, insulting leaders, civil chaos and coup, I will never support tyranny or silence or latitude by the people. Nigeria's silence is sickening embarassed the youths priorities like BBN, Messi, iPhone or twitter wars are appalling angry the cowering of NASS, NLC, TUC, NANS, SUG, Arewa, Ndigbo, Afenifere and all the Niger Delta groups is highly embarrassing lipsrsealed the intimidation of the media, press, 4th estate, social media regulation and treat to freedom of speech by we Nigerians by the government and it's party is down right disheartening sad

I'm sorry to chip in this. The fanfare which brought in this government in 2015, the various pictures of GMB in different attires, him giving hi five to a child, billboards showing promises of 40 naira for fuel and posters defacing and discrediting GEJ and his party then reminds me of what's going on in Ondo and Edo preparing for governorship and Lagos, Bayelsa and other states preparing for filling of vacate Senate seats. If you are in any of these states, look at the fanfare of campaign and promises by those in the same party as the Federal government and see semblance of what people fell for in 2015- no difference. If a federal government has failed woefully is it at the state or senate levels that they'll perform? Are the Progressive governors talking to their altar ego and man at the top? So if you like what's going on at the federal level after the fancy posters, promises, jingles, banners, billboards and packaging they employed in selling this government to YOU who voted them in, please use your tongue to count your teeth and learn not to be deceived by packaging! Boli and roasted corn for roadside no get packaging, but customers dey come. See beyond the surface

An epistle is enough for the wise
Happy weekend in advance

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by obonujoker(m): 5:06am On Sep 04, 2020
But as BMC , I'm not affected by all these, grin

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Yankee101: 5:06am On Sep 04, 2020
I wonder how buhari and his people think

This govt has borrowed more than any civilian govt in nigerian history

Yet nothing to show for it besides completing projects jonathan already commissioned or almost finished before leaving office

13 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by urchcoded(m): 5:07am On Sep 04, 2020
Journalist: Mr president, how do you plan to cushion the economic downturn effect due to covid on Nigerian citizens?
Buhari: "laughs hysterically", aaaah, that is very easy nah, we will lockdown everybody...
Journalist: (cuts in) but sir that will worsen the case, the people are already suffering and hungry unless you will provide palliatives...
Buhari: whaza palliatips?
Journalist: i mean food items, money so people can survive on that
Buhari: hahahaha, no we are not providing any palliatives hahaha
Journalist: so what's your plan, how do you expect...
Buhari: let me finish na you should allow me land first. We would lock everybody down, then we would increase VAT, then we would increase food prices, so they don't eat too much and get the korona virus,
Journalist: but Mr president...
Buhari: cuts in", I'm not finished, we would then increase electricity tariff, these youths are lazy all they do is watch bbnaija Kai.
Journalist:but they are jobless, even the graduates
Buhari: they should all go into farming, they should buy lands and start farming instead. And oh before I forget, we would also increase fuel price so they don't switch over to generator hahahaha
Journalist: sir but you promised us change
Buhari: yes na, i did, I'm still negotiating with China on a price to sell the country, when I sell it, I will use the money to build a large cattle ranch then I will give Nigerians the remaining CHANGE. That's what I promised. Hahaha

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 04, 2020
The only youruba man who has not lost his voice
Let me hear that bullion van thief claim leader if Ogun no go kill am

8 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by noleflendum: 5:09am On Sep 04, 2020
We no go gree oooo
We no go gree

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by gambia(m): 5:10am On Sep 04, 2020
Nigerians will always adapt instead of reacting.

4 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Benjaniblinks(m): 5:12am On Sep 04, 2020
sadA
Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by praiseneo(m): 5:14am On Sep 04, 2020
Dem bring nepa bill for July the amount make all of us no de come house come sleep again grin

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by eddyslim(m): 5:15am On Sep 04, 2020
post=93550228:
This is not the time to increase fuel price in our darling nation at all.

Not with all that is going on around the world, pandemic et al,
When people are finding it difficult to survive.

This is the same reason we voted out the party of thieves and criminals.

The same way we sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians praised this government when they reduced fuel price sometimes ago, we should make sure we put our voice together to castigate and talk against this.

That is the voice the government will listen to,
Not the voice of children of hate, frustration and perdition that have never seen any good thing in our country,
That all they do is to wail continously in life.
They even wailed when the price was reduced.
They have been wailing since PMB won the election, even before swearing in!
They are not wailing for the common man like sane and honest people are doing, but they are wailing in pain that the corrupt money being shared to them by the losers they support is not forthcoming anymore.
They have been so used to corruption, they see it as a way of life.
That is what we stand against.

Sane, honest and hardworking Nigerians,
Let us come together to Say no to this fuel increase,
definitely not at this time and ignore enemies of the country that want the evil politicians they voted for to remain in power together.

Something must be done about this NOW!
God bless Nigeria.

We Rise
Are you okay?

13 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:17am On Sep 04, 2020
eddyslim:
Are you okay?
Uhn Uhn.......

Are you the 1st one to quote us?
Please specify... cool

Brb.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by eddyslim(m): 5:18am On Sep 04, 2020
Is this the change they voted for, Naija which way?

1 Like

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Arizonaz: 5:20am On Sep 04, 2020
To read news wey concern Nigeria dey vex me.

2 Likes

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by ThatFairGuy1: 5:20am On Sep 04, 2020
This is very welcome.
FG should regulate the price especially in this pandemic.

However, behold yam eaters! Do not demonize and let us feel bad for voting PMB.
I, in person haven't regretted and will never regret voting PMB twice AGAINST GEJ and Atiku.

GEJ was fortunate to govern when oil prices was at its peak in the history of Nigeria (over a hundred dollar per barrel) with nothing to show for it aside looting and borrowing TO PAY WORKERS'SALARIES.

PMB is unfortunate to be governing when oil prices (was once sold) for $11 a barrel and less than $45 as of now with reduction of our oil demands in World market. This doesn't stop the gigantic ongoing projects IN THE HISTORY OF NIGERIA.

PMB is not the best but 100% better than Atiku and GEJ together. If you like quote me and be cursing yourselves, I don't care.

VOTING PMB AGAINST ATIKU AND GEJ is the best thing a patriot has done.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gani Adams Urges FG, NASS To Reverse Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff by Brushstrokes20: 5:21am On Sep 04, 2020
Mr false integrity is all shades of tyranny and gross misrule!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Speaks On Projects Lagos State Is Embarking On / Ikpeazu Imposes Curfew On Umunneochi, Bende, Deploys Vigilante Groups In 17 Lgas / Omenuwoma Josiah Reveals Why He Rejected Okowa's Appointment In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.