Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG (13132 Views)

ASUU Gives Update On Strike After Fg’s Payment Of Arrears / Federal Government Scholarship 2020 Thread | FSB Scholarship / Federal Government Scholarship (fsb 2018) Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Obere4u: 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
Semtu:

We need at least 1,000 tweets to make a trend. Unless some influencers are ready to help us out, there's really no way we can make it trend

We can if everyone viewing this thread tweet about it
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by SuccessSoi: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
Since 2018 federal government has not paid us. Alot of us are in dire need of this funds as it is a necessary prerequisite for our education. Please pay us ooooooooooooooooo. We did our verification since January. Please and please pay us.
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Luvdbyursista(m): 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
https://www.google.com/amp/s/leadership.ng/2019/01/21/fg-releases-n9bn-for-outstanding-scholarship-allowances/amp/

It's even more shocking that we are yet to be paid after this news greeted us earlier this year..question is, was this just a mere shenanigan because of the elections as at that period?
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by airsaylongcon: 2:01pm On Apr 30, 2019
Sunusibawa1:

The federal government should as a matter of urgency look into the flight of this scholars. I hope the message would get to the appropriate quaters for prompt action

Plight
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by shadyLP(m): 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
Johnkantius97:
But seriously, why are governmental structure in Nigeria so unreliable??

What do u xpect from a country where 70% of her governmtal officials mostely from d 3 arms goverment are proudly illitrates..
thins can never be reliable and maintained here
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Omonoba1: 2:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
Luvdbyursista:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/leadership.ng/2019/01/21/fg-releases-n9bn-for-outstanding-scholarship-allowances/amp/

It's even more shocking that we are yet to be paid after this news greeted us earlier this year..question is, was this just a mere shenanigan because of the elections as at that period?
That's why this nation is not moving forward. How can money be released and yet not disbursed to appropriate recipients?

2 Likes

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Gerrard59(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
The number one mistake made was applying for a government backed scholarship program. Except for PTDF (which had slight payment issues few years ago), folks should not apply for a scholarship backed by a Nigerian government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by obasidan: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2019
Some weeks before the election, the minister announced that the funds have been approved and disbursed, verification exercises were done few days later. It's almost three months since then and nothing has been done. Tolls of calls to the Board keep having one response: "we will pay soon" which begs the question why the process is taking so long.
Could it be the honourable minister used this as a campaign strategy to garner votes for APC, or that the board has diverted the money into a fix deposit account to generate interests or that the board are just non-chalant about this....up until they'll blame a python for swallowing the money.
I guess, we'll never know. But whatever the cause may be, it high time things are done right...the bills are climbing and the pressure is high on the side of these scholars some of whom cannot afford the cost of education again.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Winoza01: 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
The federal government scholars are in a state of brokeness ���� FSB pay up our arrears
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Nobody: 2:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
Omonoba1:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP/GRANT BE PAID

His Excellency, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President M Buhari.
His Excellency, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo,
The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu
All protocols are duly well extended.

We the Nigerian students/scholars would like to commend the Federal government and the ministry of education for their efforts so far towards improving the standard of education in Nigeria and also the welfare of the students, but our heart still remains in a state of unrest as our tuition fees and living expenses as students are left hanging/not catered for. It has been over two months now since the student beneficiaries of Federal Government Scholarship completed their verification for the continuation of their scholarship benefits, however no disbursement of funds have been made so far with respect to the Federal Government Scholarship awards for undergraduates and post graduate students. It is worthy of note that the last time we were paid was in 2017.

We have always believed in this administration so we beg and plead that you should not let us down. We beseech on the authority to please take prompt action to ensure that the funds are disbursed to the concerned students as this delay poses significant threat to the academic stability and wellbeing of the students/scholars. Education still remains the best legacy, so please support our future and invest rightly.

#God-Bless-Nigeria,
#God-Bless-FGN

The government should do something about the situation especially that the education minister has mentioned in January that the money for the payment has been disbursed and directed the scholarship board to pay backlog of scholarship arrears it's owing. So, what causing all this delay in payment 3 months after verification had taken place across the nation?
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Integrafamoo: 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Prof Tradermoni should help education ministry with his largess
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Emmystified(m): 3:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
A nation that places more value on ephemeral stuffs and jamboree rather than education and research is bound to fail.
Lalastica, pls move to front page...
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Legendguru: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
hmm
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Amplitron: 4:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
This should not be happening in a country that needs to grow its GDP rapidly. The government funds pilgrims in a very organised manner but have issues when it comes to funding education.
As a matter of urgency, at least a quarter of the budget shouldn't be devoted to education.
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by myhotjobz: 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
The Scholarship opportunity is open to Undergraduate and Master students in tertiary institutions globally to promote academic excellence in their various disciplines. Students who show outstanding performance in our online (e-test) qualifying assessments will be awarded study grants and other scholarship awards.The registration portal is available on https://www.scholar.com.ng/

The Scholarship is an initiative of Dominahl Technologies, a leading global provider of electronic assessment (e-testing) solutions. We are poised to revolutionize Information technology and education globally therefore we are awarding scholarship opportunities to outstanding Undergraduate and Master Students in all Tertiary Institutions across the globe.

Rewards

Outstanding Students will be Awarded Study Grants, Scholarship Opportunities and Cash Prizes

Eligibility

> Candidates must be a registered student in a University/Polytechnic.

> Candidates must have a CGPA not less than 2.0 in a 5pt scale or 1.5 in a 4pt scale.

> Candidates registering as Masters Students must have a Minimum of a Second Class (Lower) degree not less than 2.80 in a 5pt Scale.

Register at
https://scholar.com.ng/register

Circulate to all Nigerian Students

Omonoba1:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP/GRANT BE PAID

His Excellency, President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, President M Buhari.
His Excellency, Vice President Yemi Osinbajo,
The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu
All protocols are duly well extended.

We the Nigerian students/scholars would like to commend the Federal government and the ministry of education for their efforts so far towards improving the standard of education in Nigeria and also the welfare of the students, but our heart still remains in a state of unrest as our tuition fees and living expenses as students are left hanging/not catered for. It has been over two months now since the student beneficiaries of Federal Government Scholarship completed their verification for the continuation of their scholarship benefits, however no disbursement of funds have been made so far with respect to the Federal Government Scholarship awards for undergraduates and post graduate students. It is worthy of note that the last time we were paid was in 2017.

We have always believed in this administration so we beg and plead that you should not let us down. We beseech on the authority to please take prompt action to ensure that the funds are disbursed to the concerned students as this delay poses significant threat to the academic stability and wellbeing of the students/scholars. Education still remains the best legacy, so please support our future and invest rightly.

#God-Bless-Nigeria,
#God-Bless-FGN
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Emanex18: 6:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
FG should look into this matter...The funds for this payment has been disbursed since February before the General Elections.

1 Like

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Alacrity2016: 6:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
Let's look for a way to make this trend on Twitter cos most of the people that will influence the facilitation of the payment won't visit nairaland.

1 Like

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by backT(m): 7:45pm On Apr 30, 2019
Semtu:
We wrote our exams last year Apirl but we are yet to even see the results till now.

FSB should hurry up the process angry
It seems you are not shortlisted. Try next year.
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by backT(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2019
SuccessSoi:
Since 2018 federal government has not paid us. Alot of us are in dire need of this funds as it is a necessary prerequisite for our education. Please pay us ooooooooooooooooo. We did our verification since January. Please and please pay us.
I was offered the scholarship in 2013 and paid in 2017. So keep talking.
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Semtu(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2019
backT:

It seems you are not shortlisted. Try next year.

Shut up please.... The list hasn't been released for those who wrote the exams last year

1 Like

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by 103Kingsley155: 8:53pm On Apr 30, 2019
Gosh

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by vic2ry: 10:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
Playing politics with what is supposed to be a responsibility. It is a shame
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by ademijuwonlo(f): 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
I have looked @ my phone several times for bank alert since Feb 5th that I did my verification but nothing. I hope and pray FG or the board pays this money asap!
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Modupetemmy1(f): 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2019
AgamaProf:
Pls o...push to front page. I don dey expect this money since last year.They have released the money since o.....but to pay is now the problem. It seems they fixed the money or someone is trying to embezzle it. My 180 k no be money wey De go fit chop. I passed through hell before I could secure the scholarship....infact, I wrote my scholarship test around 7pm in the evening with torch light. The kind headache wey I get that day I no think have ever had that kind of headache before......so pay us our money. Have tried mailing them, but it seems their site is under construction.

yours is last year
mine was since 2012
maybe they'll pay tomorrow sha oooo
I still have the exam slip

1 Like

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by siredwin: 8:33am On May 01, 2019
this is absolute wickedness of FSB to hoard this money in order to make a huge interest returns from it. Imagine fixing 9bn naira in a bank for 3months.

1 Like

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Semtu(m): 9:15am On May 01, 2019
Modupetemmy1:

yours is last year
mine was since 2012
maybe they'll pay tomorrow sha oooo
I still have the exam slip

You've not been paid since 2012?
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by ademijuwonlo(f): 12:38pm On May 01, 2019
Things that concern education in this country should not be treated as irrelevant. Any investment made on education is an investment on Human capital and one of the ways to economic growth and development.......And that's what Nigerian Government doesn't know.
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Alacrity2016: 2:47pm On May 01, 2019
Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Misternas89(m): 3:16am On May 02, 2019
I think we should make effort on how this non payment by FSB would trend on Twitter pls. Since January when we did their so called verification fa. This is becoming unbecoming

1 Like

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by wizardofArsenal: 5:55am On May 04, 2019
Wrote the exam in early 2018. Still no result yet, not to speak of payment.

And they had the nerve to conduct the 2019 exam months ago

3 Likes

Re: FSB Scholars Cry Over Non-Payment Of Arrears By The FG by Shehu4: 12:35pm On May 04, 2019
Really, do we have government in this country? Education - zero, security - zero, health care - zero. Everything about our governments at all levels is just failure. Where have we gone wrong as a nation and people??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Math Quiz Competition Loading...(suggestions Needed) / See Neco Office Address Zonal/state & Phone Numbers / JAMB 2015: Number Of Applicants Who Applied By Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.