Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,060 members, 7,818,175 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers (22712 Views)

Curse Be Unto Mahmood And All The Judges For Putting Nigerians Into This Mess / Nigerian Naval Officer Escapes From Kidnappers - Pictures / INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Wearing An APC Campaign Cap With Broom Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by yinka10: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
Muhammed Mahmood,chairman of the Board of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), and his daughter have been released by his abductors.

An aide to Mahmood confirmed the development to SaharaReporters on phone on Tuesday.

He said that his boss and daughter were released at about 1:30pm, and that they were hale and healthy.

He claimed no ransom was paid for his release.

Mahmood was abducted alongside his daughter along the Kaduna-Abuja highaway, around Katari, a village few kilometres from Zuba, an Abuja suburb, on Monday while travelling from Kaduna to Abuja.

His driver was shot dead in the operation

Source :

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/30/breaking-ubec-chairman-daughter-regain-freedom-after-less-24-hours-captivity
Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Aboguede(m): 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
So quick? Anyways, Thank God for their life grin

Hope say oga no know wetin do the driver shocked

Make e nobi say oga driver go touch food wey them no keep foram, which can lead to no forgiveness

Well, rip to the poor driver

1 Like

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Jason007: 3:17pm On Apr 30, 2019
money exchanged hands ,he's free and for those that can't afford still in captivity. security agency won't say a word

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by okonja(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
Kyari the police officer must be involved...Just wait for full details later.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by sotall(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
No ransom was paid for their release

Theriously?

21 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by stainlink(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
angry
Poor driver.
He died and soon, very soon no one will rememner he ever existed only for his poor family

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by yomalex(m): 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
Okay but...
Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:18pm On Apr 30, 2019
He said that his boss and daughter were released at about 1:30pm, and that they were hale and healthy.
Thanking God for their lives.
Hmmmm, we don hear......

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Generalwoodz(m): 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
Hit like if you think something is fishy here...less than 24hrs, no ransom! Akuko mike

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by honyham: 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
What of the driver that lost his life?

9 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by thorpido(m): 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
Poor driver.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Drversatile: 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
Drive is gone, just like that

7 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Pavore9: 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
"He claimed no ransom was paid for his release".. wink

8 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by ednut1(m): 3:23pm On Apr 30, 2019
These terrorist kidnappers have been there for long. Why have they not been routed

3 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by darqly(m): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
The kidnappers have hit the jackpot with this one! Money talks. This instant payment from one BIG catch is exactly why they won't stop kidnapping anytime soon. I'm sad for Nigeria. Mark my words- They'll get a governor or senator in the near future.

19 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
cool
Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by mclorenzo(m): 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
Why was the driver shot dead if they were going to release them without ransom?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Bar1941(m): 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
Imagine, the poor driver was shot dead while trying to put bread on table for his family. May his soul rip.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
I thought the IGP said that Abuja kaduna highway is now safe and free of kidnappers??
And after these Abokis will come and look for who to point fingers at... Everyday humans are kidnapped along that cursed highway and these abokis will still be claiming saints.

6 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by TheFacelessMan: 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
angry

I was in a kidnapper before in Talata Mafara...

2 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by donkarly(m): 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
yinka10:
Muhammed Mahmood,chairman of the Board of the Universal Basic Education Commission (UBEC), and his daughter have been released by his abductors.

An aide to Mahmood confirmed the development to SaharaReporters on phone on Tuesday.

Mahmood was abducted alongside his daughter along the Kaduna-Abuja highaway, around Katari, a village few kilometres from Zuba, an Abuja suburb, on Monday while travelling from Kaduna to Abuja.

His driver was shot dead in the operation

Source :

http://saharareporters.com/2019/04/30/breaking-ubec-chairman-daughter-regain-freedom-after-less-24-hours-captivity
Say that to the foreigners undecided

7 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Omoboricash(m): 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
I can bet with my life, huge amount of money was paid for their release but they will not disclose it for security reason

6 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Agbaletu: 3:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
Rgade:
I thought the IGP said that Abuja kaduna highway is now safe and free of kidnappers??
And after these Abokis will come and look for who to point fingers at... Everyday humans are kidnapped along that cursed highway and these abokis will still be claiming saints.
That road is not safe at all. I was on that road last week.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by johnshagb(m): 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
No ransom paid? That's one big lie right there. I feel for the dead driver and his family.

5 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Bossjakande: 3:28pm On Apr 30, 2019
his a rich man so he pay wat if his poor. so sad dere is a naija for de rich and poor

1 Like

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by shadeyinka(m): 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
My prayer!

Oh God, let kidnappers kidnap on a single day in Nigeria the IGs daughter, the Governors son and a Senators Wife.

Then watch how the kidnapping venture would be completely and permanently stamped out of Nigeria within a one week period!

God help is all

3 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 30, 2019
Somewhere in Kaduna Westeros...

Lannister: Salam malekum

Kidnappers: Mailekum Salem

Lannister: Akwoi Mohammed Mahmood de nyarin nya (Do you see that Mohammed Mahmood and his daughter)...you have them right?

Kidnappers: Yes we have them...

Lannister: Release them. They are "soft targets"...kaga ne?

Kidnappers: Toooo megida!

Hours later:...the headline!

Na Lannister of Game of Thrones I mention o!

You are on your own if you have any other interpretation of who "LANNISTER" is!

3 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by Guyman02: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2019
yinka10:

Taah! Shataap there! You think they will go to that extent, commit murder and not collect ransom

How many millions did it cost the govt embarassed
Let me give you the official statement that will soon be released so that you won't bother opening it.
'He was released by a team of detectives led by Abba Kyari after a gun duel that lasted for one hour, the kidnappers escaped with gunshot injuries and a manhunt is underway to arrest them'

Happy for his him and his family and condolences to the family of his driver

5 Likes

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by phydell(m): 3:32pm On Apr 30, 2019
This only goes to confirm suspicions that the police force are actively involved and benefitting from this carnage. The heat on their superiors must have been intense and they simply cut the top government official loose to avoid further scrutiny

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by mctfopt: 3:33pm On Apr 30, 2019
NO RANSOME? So they just killed the driver for nothing?,
Re: Muhammed Mahmood And Daughter Regain Freedom From Kidnappers by tstx(m): 3:35pm On Apr 30, 2019
Money don change hands na

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'When It Comes To Corruption During My Government, I Was A Saint' — IBB / Senator Sha’aba Lafiagi's House Burnt In Kwara Ahead Of LG Election (Photos) / Festus Keyamo Circulates Fake Video To Accuse Labour Of Vote Rigging, Propaganda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.