Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World (44266 Views)

Reasons Why Finland’s Education System Is Dominating The World Stage. / Facts About Nigeria's "Poor" Education System That Will Make You Agree With ASUU / Kaduna Adopts Finland Education System; To Pay Teachers More – El-Rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Ourown(m): 2:34pm On May 01, 2019
I remember my secondary school days. We usually do morning lessons by 7am, so you must be in school before 7am and we leave school by 5:30pm

Just imagine that kind of life!
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Oguieke(m): 2:39pm On May 01, 2019
I love Finland education system, all my children are schooling there.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by greatermeme: 2:40pm On May 01, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

You need 1000 people on nairaland? You don't have streets closely and where you can rent megaphone. Please go and take several seats.
Thanks for Volunteering! I need 999 people!
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Time2win(m): 2:49pm On May 01, 2019
airprinz:
Oga US and Canada is overrated. And you know to get their visa here might be very difficult because they are popular. But if you can help me out to get to one of the above places you've mentioned, tell me let me private msg you

Not overrated but getting their visa ain't easy. People are getting visa on daily basis, it all depends on how you package your application and if you have the necessary funds.

2 Likes

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by KingLennon(m): 2:56pm On May 01, 2019
kheny12:
And they must know how to speak Finnish language
Very Important....
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by ashawopikin(m): 3:05pm On May 01, 2019
sparog:
While in Naija we still use some archaic books, which lacks the basic principles needed for this age and time...

I think we are still in the 20th century in Nigeria, we still dey grow small small grin
even books wey our grandfather don use sef

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by madridsta007(m): 4:18pm On May 01, 2019
popsy2:
Great ! Better than Canada?

A big YES.
The Nordics are similar.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Time2win(m): 4:25pm On May 01, 2019
madridsta007:

A big YES.
The Nordics are similar.

I laugh. Why will you say it's better than Canada. Have you lived there?
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Maghan37: 4:25pm On May 01, 2019
Xisnin:
I disagree with any ranking that fails to measure real life results/ouputs.

There is no evidence that the products of the Finnish educational institutions fair better
than comparable western countries when the population is factored in.
My man u have spoken as an intelligent person, if Finland educational system is the best, why have they not produced the likes of heinstein yet.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by wesbrit: 4:28pm On May 01, 2019
We are still using 17century method in teaching
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by NumbEmotions(m): 4:31pm On May 01, 2019
Xisnin:

This is about "best education", not happiness. When the government is feeding everybody, it is no surprise that the populace will be happy.
OK SIRE!
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Royalsuave4real(m): 4:39pm On May 01, 2019
What of their university education and how to get in as a foreign student?
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by themanderon: 4:56pm On May 01, 2019
While over here in naija students spend an eternity in school learning things that are of absolutely no use to them in real life.
We just follow the British system that was handed to us by the colonial masters without actually adapting same to solve problems that are peculiar to us.
I remember those days in the university instead of focusing on your main courses you are meant to spend 2 solid years studying stuffs that had no value to what you are studying and up till this day I have seen no use for those two wasted years.
Today students in secondary and primary schools resume school by 7:45 am and they will be there till as late as 6pm and I Wonder what in Gods green earth they are learning because comparing them with our generation there isn't much improvement when we used to start by 8am and close by 2pm.
Our Educational system is a complete mess that needs a total overhaul so it can focus on solving our own problems peculiar to our own locality and not just swallowing hook , line and sinker what the white man throws our way.
Let's take an example from the Asian tigers that have refused to be tied to the apron string of the west.
We have the money we are just lacking visionary leadership.

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by odizeey(m): 5:05pm On May 01, 2019
People think the result of a proper education is invention.
I laugh.
Although some guys have replied them with the achievements by these Finish guys but they want to wallow in their flawed belief that their education is rubbish.

How many times do you hear of killing and all sorts of social vices from their end? Result of proper education.

They've set the pace already, just appreciate them.

I regret schooling in this country. School hear is a joke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by cenaman(m): 5:16pm On May 01, 2019
But they can't withstand my country ( Nigeria) on debate competition.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by olas24u(f): 5:22pm On May 01, 2019
grandstar:

The way you said it is like the politicians deliberately ruin public schools so that kids will choose their better managed private schools.
The educational system was deliberatly destroyed here,every Nigerian problem has an interest or purpose.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Sarang(f): 5:58pm On May 01, 2019
airprinz:
Oga US and Canada is overrated. And you know to get their visa here might be very difficult because they are popular. But if you can help me out to get to one of the above places you've mentioned, tell me let me private msg you

Overrated ko. It is Naija that is not overrated. Stay there nah
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Sarang(f): 6:03pm On May 01, 2019
Magnifico2000:

In addition to these, Finland is one of the few countries in the world, that the teachers earn more than their legislators(lawmakers).

They still earn below USA and Canada. According to a research I just read, Luxembourg pays teachers better than any other country in the world.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by olabode89(m): 6:58pm On May 01, 2019
lharstborn:

For the love of God and everything you hold dear to your heart, kind drop the link to that thread here. God bless you

https://www.nairaland.com/1064724/studying-finland-free-tuition
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by airprinz(m): 7:07pm On May 01, 2019
Sarang:

Overrated ko. It is Naija that is not overrated. Stay there nah
Give me visa naw, you this girl
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by cosymyman: 7:13pm On May 01, 2019
hmmm
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by sunnedee2: 8:50pm On May 01, 2019
olabode89:

You came late to the party!

The best route was through BSc. Or MSc. Studies when they had free tuition for everyone. You could still apply though, they offer full/partial scholarship for some programs. IT related programs are the best bet for foreigners.

There is a thread here on nairaland for prospective students looking to study in Finland.
Even if I came late I will still meet jollof rice oo!
Let me go and search for the thread ASAP!
And thanks Sir!
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Lighthammer(m): 9:47pm On May 01, 2019
[/quote]am a retard and idiot

really?
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Adamsonian1993(m): 10:28pm On May 01, 2019
God bless Finland and may he shower is mercy on we Nigerians too
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by chiedozie198100: 10:42pm On May 01, 2019
sparog:
While in Naija we still use some archaic books, which lacks the basic principles needed for this age and time...

I think we are still in the 20th century in Nigeria, we still dey grow small small grin

to add to this, teachers coming to class with a cane is probably the most unfortunate practice in our school system.

how can u say u have come to educate me, but u come with an instrument that elicits fear in my mind. and u still want me to learn effectively?

LET'S THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A SECOND.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by sparog(m): 10:52pm On May 01, 2019
chiedozie198100:

to add to this, teachers coming to class with a cane is probably the most unfortunate practice in our school system.

how can u say u have come to educate me, but u come with an instrument that elicits fear in my mind. and u still want me to learn effectively?

LET'S THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A SECOND.

Bro, have you taught in a school before?
As a teacher, even if you don't wanna flog you'll be forced to. The pupils in public secondary school can frustrate your life. The only thing they fear and understand is the cane

By the way, small caning no dey kill pikin

Even the bible supports it
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by excel101(m): 6:46am On May 02, 2019
MissRaine69:

1. Linux
2.IRC chat protocol
3.Erwise
4.Wind Turbines
5. Heart rate monitors
6. Nokia phones
7. Reflectors
8. Angry birds
9.SMS
Will that do?
Thanks for the information

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by excel101(m): 6:48am On May 02, 2019
olabode89:

Computer Scientists
Johan Helsingius – creator and operator of The Penet remailer
Aapo Kyrölä – creator of Sulake
Jarkko Oikarinen – creator of Internet Relay Chat (IRC)
Linus Torvalds – initial creator of Linux kernel
Michael Widenius – creator of MySQL
Tatu Ylönen – creator of SSH

Other Scientist
Lars Valerian Ahlfors – mathematician, Fields Medalist 1936 (1907–1996)
Ragnar Granit – medicine, Nobelist (1900–1991)
Ilkka Hanski – Crafoord Prize winning ecologist (1953–2016)
Bengt Holmström - economist, Nobelist (1949-)
Teuvo Kohonen – neurocomputing pioneer (1934-)
Jussi V. Koivisto – economist, author of the "cultiral crossing" model
Artturi Ilmari Virtanen – chemist, Nobelist (1895–1973)
Vilho Väisälä – mathematician, inventor of meteorological instruments (1889–1969)

Thanks for the the infos

1 Like

Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by ogene144(m): 8:41am On May 02, 2019
Is your kids struggling with academics then you need a private tutors to bring out the best in them contact Erudites tutor on 08069292629. Lagos and Ogun state....
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by dfrost: 11:56am On May 03, 2019
inspirator1:
When i said that my child must be up to five years before starting school everyone thinks i am weird.

I'm with you on this. Infact most people told because I'm poor. Imagine.
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by SheldonCooper: 12:31am On May 06, 2019
MissRaine69:

1. Linux
2.IRC chat protocol
3.Erwise
4.Wind Turbines
5. Heart rate monitors
6. Nokia phones
7. Reflectors
8. Angry birds
9.SMS
Will that do?

For a miss with this info? Dammn!!!
My name is Sheldon. Yes. Sheldon Cooper. Nice meeting you. May i ask you out?
Re: Why Finland’s Education System Is Considered The Best In The World by Nobody: 9:21am On May 06, 2019
cenaman:
But they can't withstand my country ( Nigeria) on debate competition.
Which useless debate? Has debate solved any problem here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UNN, UNILAG & OAU Are The Best In Law School Results / My Life In India As A Nigerian Student (Thank God I Made It! Baba God Noni) / FUTMINNA Lecturer Give Empty Hall A Test As He Resumes 2023 To An Empty Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.