Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,106 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... (1793 Views)

Please How Do I Deposit On Binary.com With Ecobank Mastercard / Ecobank Branch Is On Fire (Photos) / Ecobank Introduces Cardless Cash Withdrawal Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by peacemara54(m): 5:21pm On May 01, 2019
Good evening Nairalanders. Am really having a big hard time with Ecobank. I don't understand this bank. I register with this bank, far back, 2013. It has been 6years now. This problem started last year but I just continue to manage and endure their poor services coupled with bad customer-care relation.

As a business man, I do receive deposit into my acct almost everyday. I noticed, I do receive alert but this alert keep deducting my balance with a shortage of 40,000. For example, Acct balance is 100,000. I receive a deposit of 20,000 and the total balance should be 120,000 but Ecobank will send alert of #80,000.

Have complained, times without number still, no visible solution. The worst part of this is that; my statement of acct keep showing the accurate balance am having but for alert messages, 40,000 always deducted. And I can't withdraw more than what I receive through alert not what is in my acct balance. I still don't understand why a whole pan Africa bank will continue to handle customers transactions this way and they seems not to have a solution to this problem at the moment.

All deposit to my account normally takes two days before Ecobank effect this deposit.

Now, am having 26000 in that account. I can't even withdraw this money. I complain to my bank. I was told my balance is 1, 375.00 My statement of acct, shows 26000 as at yesterday and this bank keep telling me I can't withdraw due to insufficient balance.

I will get this money with any legal means known to me. Even though , its small but I won't leave it with Ecobank

Ecobank is really bad. They can't handle multiple deposits without a mistake in the acct balance..

Am out to get my money by fire by force.
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by Redoil: 5:34pm On May 01, 2019
When you open the account there might be a clause u mistakenly tick
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by Blakjewelry(m): 5:34pm On May 01, 2019
although I still use them because gtb is far from where I am, but I won't advice anybody to try Eco one of the worst bank in Nigeria. infact bank is operating on android v.1.1
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by peacemara54(m): 5:47pm On May 01, 2019
Redoil:
When you open the account there might be a clause u mistakenly tick

No, not at all. Twas during my Nysc and since, have been using this bank
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by peacemara54(m): 5:54pm On May 01, 2019
[quote author=Blakjewelry post=78018508]although I still use them because gtb is far from where I am, but I won't advice anybody to try Eco one of the worst bank in Nigeria. infact bank is operating on android v.1.1[/quote

Honestly, as a business man, I do seat down at times calculating all deposit made by customers. I need to because this bank won't give me accurate figure. Alerts, not reliable. Always deducting my money with (40,000 )

I transfer 1500 to a gtb account holder. Till now, we can trace this money. Its a week already. But , I will get my 26000 its a vow
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by afolakemi: 8:59pm On May 01, 2019
peacemara54:
Good evening Nairalanders. Am really having a big hard time with Ecobank. I don't understand this bank. I register with this bank, far back, 2013. It has been 6years now. This problem started last year but I just continue to manage and endure their poor services coupled with bad customer-care relation.

As a business man, I do receive deposit into my acct almost everyday. I noticed, I do receive alert but this alert keep deducting my balance with a shortage of 40,000. For example, Acct balance is 100,000. I receive a deposit of 20,000 and the total balance should be 120,000 but Ecobank will send alert of #80,000.

Have complained, times without number still, no visible solution. The worst part of this is that; my statement of acct keep showing the accurate balance am having but for alert messages, 40,000 always deducted. And I can't withdraw more than what I receive through alert not what is in my acct balance. I still don't understand why a whole pan Africa bank will continue to handle customers transactions this way and they seems not to have a solution to this problem at the moment.

All deposit to my account normally takes two days before Ecobank effect this deposit.

Now, am having 26000 in that account. I can't even withdraw this money. I complain to my bank. I was told my balance is 1, 375.00 My statement of acct, shows 26000 as at yesterday and this bank keep telling me I can't withdraw due to insufficient balance.

I will get this money with any legal means known to me. Even though , its small but I won't leave it with Ecobank

Ecobank is really bad. They can't handle multiple deposits without a mistake in the acct balance..

Really? My opinion is that you should reach out to them via any of the following channels.
Twitter - @ecobank_nigeria, Facebook - EcobankNigeria, Instagram - @ecobank_nigeria.
I am sure they will attend to your query ASAP.
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by shawn55ng: 10:05pm On May 01, 2019
peacemara54:

Bros I feel your pain and I sincerely apologize on behalf of Ecobank.. please kindly add me on Whatsapp and let me personality take it up.
I can assure you this will be resolved.
Please WhatsApp 08039192101 Seun
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by peacemara54(m): 2:06am On May 02, 2019
shawn55ng:

Bros I feel your pain and I sincerely apologize on behalf of Ecobank.. please kindly add me on Whatsapp and let me personality take it up.
Please WhatsApp 08039192101 Seun

Thanks
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by shawn55ng: 8:52am On May 02, 2019
[quote author=shawn55ng post=78025936]
Please WhatsApp 08039192101 or better still you can dial *326*0# to get your balance and compare it with your alert. Seun
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by Stephenfid: 11:17am On May 02, 2019
So Sorry about this sir, a similar issue like this has happened to my cousin and this is as a result of system error. Kindly go to your nearest branch and all this issues will be rectified or call Ecobank Customer Care Hotline on 0700 500 0000! cheers.
peacemara54:

Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by sheungeek(m): 11:47am On May 02, 2019
Well, you are not alone.. My Ecobank account normally refuses deposits from other banks. For instance whenever anyone sends money to my Ecobank account via mobile app or ATM, it gets rejected or refunded due to network problem..
Even normal deposits takes longer to reflect.. I will advise you use FCMB, Access or Zenith.
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by peacemara54(m): 11:19pm On May 02, 2019
Stephenfid:
So Sorry about this sir, a similar issue like this has happened to my cousin and this is as a result of system error. Kindly go to your nearest branch and all this issues will be rectified or call Ecobank Customer Care Hotline on 0700 500 0000! cheers.

Thanks am grateful.
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by miltonchux(m): 12:05am On May 03, 2019
Please use other bank. That NYSC account should not be used at all. The one I open, during NYSC, they kept deducting my money, until there was nothing to deduct and the account died a natural death. I had to Open another ecobank account which I'm enjoying now.
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by peacemara54(m): 3:51am On May 03, 2019
miltonchux:
Please use other bank. That NYSC account should not be used at all. The one I open, during NYSC, they kept deducting my money, until there was nothing to deduct and the account died a natural death. I had to Open another ecobank account which I'm enjoying now.

Oh! Thanks
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by peacemara54(m): 4:32pm On May 08, 2019
Thanks to you all. Problem solved
Re: Before Banking With Ecobank, Check This... by progress206(m): 4:11pm On May 09, 2019
There must be an error wt d acc

(1) (Reply)

Easy Online Marketplace For Businesses / How To Know The Best Business To Make You Money In 2009 / 13 Hot Surefire Steps to Start A Mobile Restaurant With Zero Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.