Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes (35203 Views)

BRT New Buses Are Coming In Batches To Lagos Bus-Stops / New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving / Edo Mass Transit: 75 New Buses, Ultra-modern Terminals, Cashless Payment (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by slimfit1(m): 8:14pm On May 01, 2019
computer0810:
12 years brt is doing fine....all still have effective air conditioning...tbs/cms to ikorodu route....seems u r too use to that red mood village u r

Boy, I travel by air-conditioned train to work, we need a light railway my boy, not this trash.
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by miketayo(m): 8:31pm On May 01, 2019
slimfit1:
I give those buses 4 weeks

The blue brt busses on Ikorodu road that has been working for years now, how many weeks will u give that one too?

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by Gforce2019: 8:33pm On May 01, 2019
jtjohn:
Ambode will performed more than babajide sanwoolu mark my word

. It's a lie.
Ambode built busstop.
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by PeacenLove2: 8:35pm On May 01, 2019
Trini4000:
Naija sef,,,, why them no comot the nylon wey the chair... cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy that mentality eh .... e go tay b4 e leave us o.
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by greatermeme: 8:37pm On May 01, 2019
Gforce2019:
. It's a lie. Ambode built busstop.
Shut up! What do you know?
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by PeacenLove2: 8:40pm On May 01, 2019
BLING4BLING:
After the shame of Lagos rail we need a Zero Tolerance Infrastructural Delay campaign

By Ayo Akinfe

(1) It is no news to anyone that the Norte Dame Cathedral In Paris recently caught fire. As soon as it happened donations began pouring in to refurbish the site. Some of the donors are African presidents whose own countries are in ruins but alas, they have got caught up in the stampede and are pledging to assist France despite the fact that the French do not need their help

(2) Let us leave the African craziness to one side a minute as it sometimes beggars belief. Donald Trump, Theresa May or Angela Merkel have not offered any cash towards rebuilding the cathedral but President Alpha Conde of Guinea has donated €2m. For me, what is key here is the pledge of President Emmanuel Macron to restore the castle completely within five years

(3) Notre Dam Castle is a historic building completed in 1210, so restoring it will be complicated. It is actually much easier to build a new cathedral from scratch but alas, trust the French, they will restore Notre Dam in five years as promised because they know the tourist potential of the building and cannot afford to keep losing revenue

(4) This is something we African leaders need to learn and adapt to. Nigeria is terrible when it comes to delaying projects or wasting time in infrastructural developments and we need to radically change our mindset if we are serious about infrastructural provision. With the way technology changes rapidly today, unnecessary delays dramatically increase costs

(5) Our worst example is the Lagos Light Railway Project which we have been building since 2009. Nowhere in the world does it take 10 years to build a 35km urban light railway project. It is not as if they are blasting through rock, going over mountains or building a tunnel. This project could easily have been completed within three years if we were serious about addressing mass transit in Lagos

(6) Our Lagos light railway is based on the design of London’s Docklands Light Railway Line, that 38km network which opened in 1987. Now, let me shock you, the contract for the initial London Docklands Light Railway Line was awarded to GEC Mowlem in 1984 and the network was constructed between 1985 and 1987 at a cost of £77m. It was formally opened by Queen Elizabeth II on July 30 1987 and passenger services began on August 31

(7) Can someone please explain to me how the London Docklands Light Railway which originally had 15 stations in its first phase was completed within two years, yet a similar project in Lagos, the Blue Line of the Lagos Mass Rail Transit programme with just 27.5 km from Marina to Okokomaiko and 13 stations has not been completed in 10 years?

(cool While we have been on this Lagos project, Ethiopia has completed the 759km Djibouti to Addis Ababa heavy duty railway line that cannot only carry heavy freight but runs at speeds of 120km per hour. They began work on it in 2011 and the line was commissioned in 2016 under Ethiopia’s ambitious Growth and Transformation Plan. This line cost a total of $3bn and was completed on schedule. Before you know it, the project will have generated enough revenue to repay off the loans it borrowed from the Exim Bank of China, the China Development Bank and the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China

(9) Nigeria did not always used to be like this as we completed the National Stadium, Surulere on schedule in time for us hosting the All African Games in 1973 and completed the National Theater, Iganmu on schedule in 1977 ahead of us hosting Festac. Because these projects were completed on time, they did not incur extra costs. It appears that my people do not appreciate the fact that delays can sometimes increase costs by up to 30%, so we need to introduce a Zero Tolerance Infrastructure Delay campaign to prevent the cost of projects spiralling out of control or even being abandoned altogether

(10) Our most shameful project in this regard is the Mambilla Power Plant conceived by President Shehu Shagari in 1982. Some 37 years later and after spending $16bn, we are yet to complete it. As you can see, we are our own worst enemies. These days, China is completing sky scrappers within two months and completing unbelievable bridges within two to three years. How do we change our mindset my people?

Couldn't read everything but the little excerpts made some madt sense.

Oh, well .... I got nothing new to say. lipsrsealed

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by computer0810(m): 8:45pm On May 01, 2019
slimfit1:

Boy, I travel by air-conditioned train to work, we need a light railway my boy, not this trash.
mtcw...u r kid u need to face ur education
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by PeacenLove2: 8:46pm On May 01, 2019
Lisaint:
Where is the road they will pass?
Has he fill all the potholes in lagos?
The regular traffic that usually happens at iyana ipaja--ikeja route every morning has LASG find any solution to that?
The mumu construction company constructing BRT lane from oshodi- abule egba have they finish their work?

This was the same way BRT launch with all the hyping
Later we will be hearing no bus, no fuel, drivers are on strike etc.

Go and check the BRT plying ikotun-ikeja, igando-ikeja, iyana ipaja- ikeja,

How will these bus solve transportation challenges in lagos state?
He has brought another glorified molue to Lagos, the same fate that befall BRT will befall BRI.

AMBODE is going now, Sanwo- olu might also change is own to BYC....

The pot holes are insane. That's the number one area I feel Ambode messed up. I have people tell me the guy is building this and that and I still don't think it makes sense to abandon other roads, making little potholes get so bad, compounding the already menace of traffic.

Mehn! This system ain't working and it don't look good bruh!
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by Teejay13(m): 8:47pm On May 01, 2019
Nice development.
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by IkpuMmadu: 8:54pm On May 01, 2019
5,000 foriegn buses ....Nigeria would never grow
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by oyeflexy4217: 8:58pm On May 01, 2019
money121:
Lagos launches new buses with free service on five routes

...As residents hail Ambode, laud Bus Reform Initiative

The Lagos State Government on Wednesday launched the new buses under the Bus Reform Initiative (BRI) with free service on five routes, assuring that the development would redefine public transportation and make the State globally competitive.

Specifically, the free service was launched across five routes including Berger to Tafawa Balewa Square (TBS), Berger to Oshodi, Oshodi to TBS, Ikeja to Alausa and Ikeja to Oshodi to commemorate the Workers Days, after which normal service is to start on May 2, 2019.

Speaking at Ikeja Bus Terminal, one of the modern terminals constructed as part of the BRI, an official of the Lagos Bus Services Limited, the operator of the buses, Mr Timi Olajide said it was a good thing that the buses have now been finally launched for the use of the people.

He said out of the 5,000 buses planned for the initiative, the government was launching the scheme with 820 high and medium capacity buses, adding that aside the intelligent transport system component of the initiative which will aid Lagosians to plan their journeys, comfort and safety of the people have also been factored into the whole process.

“In each of the buses, we have six emergency exits and First Aid Box, while every seat has a dedicated USB port for charging of phones, free Wi-fi, television and CCTV cameras which are linked to our control centre to monitor everything going on in the buses, among other features.

“We have also taken the issue of people with disabilities specially and there are seats reserved for them in the buses,” Olajide said.

At the Oshodi Transport Interchange, a cross section of Lagos residents who enjoyed the free service, lauded the State Government especially Governor Akinwunmi Ambode for the buses and the infrastructure provided to support the transport reforms, saying the development was commendable.

A resident, Adewusi Oluwatobi Emmanuel said: “I am very happy to enter this bus today because it is a thing of joy that something like this can happen in Nigeria. I am happy that I can enter a beautiful bus with free Wi-Fi, free USB port, free air-conditioning and so on.

“With this, I know that this country is going to greater heights. One thing I believe we should do is to work together, love ourselves and before we know it, Nigeria will be one of the best countries in the world.”

Another resident, Mr Demola Aleshinloye, said:” This is a lovely idea. I like this development and I want it to be sustained. God bless Nigeria.”

On her part, Mrs Olorunfemi Funmilayo, another resident, said: “I am very grateful to enter this type of bus. When I entered I saw the USB charging port and free Wi-Fi. I so much like this and I pray that Nigeria will be great.”

Also, Mr Adabayo David, said: “This is a great initiative and I believe that if Lagos can get it right, every other State can get it right and I must give kudos to the visionary Governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode for this wonderful initiative. Everything is working fine in the bus and as you can see, I'm charging my phone.

“I believe that God will take him (Governor Ambode) to greater heights. Something like this, if it's well managed, it's going to last us for a long time and so I must commend our exceptional Governor for this.”

Another commuter, who simply identified himself as Ifeoluwa, said: “Actually, I commend Governor Akinwunmi Ambode for doing a great job in Lagos State. Today, I can say Governor Ambode is still one of the best we have in this State. I love the Governor and the world loves him too. This Oshodi interchange is one of the greatest projects in Africa and I must commend the Governor and the contractor that handled the project.”

Source: https://www.imranservices.com.ng/

what of from Surulere Barracks to TBS, make una no do yama-yama ooo!
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by BabaIbo: 9:01pm On May 01, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

All your investments in Lagos doesn't stop you from hating the place but there is nothing you can do about it

Ignored!
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by owila4luv(m): 9:05pm On May 01, 2019
rawpadgin:
Naija like awful too much

See as that bros dey shine teeth grin grin
because he voted good people into power, vote wise next time to enjoy good amenities like this

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by Gforce2019: 9:44pm On May 01, 2019
greatermeme:
Shut up! What do you know?

You there's no educated person in your life. All of u are dullard and dunce at awon Obi e.

O Ni kuure
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by kennykg(m): 9:54pm On May 01, 2019
computer0810:
12 years brt is doing fine....all still have effective air conditioning...tbs/cms to ikorodu route....seems u r too use to that red mood village u r
Correction
they don't have good acs
Some are not working
Some are partially working and some are dripping water.
I use them frequently
If you want sef I can get the bus numbers for you.
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by luluman: 9:59pm On May 01, 2019
MumZee1010:
Lagos for show, Eko for action
This kind thing dey veeeex those people o, the flat.....
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by greatermeme: 10:04pm On May 01, 2019
Gforce2019:

You there's no educated person in your life. All of u are dullard and dunce at awon Obi e.

O Ni kuure
No peace for you!
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by kennykg(m): 10:06pm On May 01, 2019
Another bad move
BRI?
On which road?
So wen should we be expecting the 4180 remaining busses?
Is the commissioned oshodi project/ikeja bus terminal completed?

Even if you want to get busses what can innoson supply them?

Thank God his got 27days to go
Probing is sure for him.
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by Lisaint(m): 10:27pm On May 01, 2019
PeacenLove2:

The pot holes are insane. That's the number one area I feel Ambode messed up. I have people tell me the guy is building this and that and I still don't think it makes sense to abandon other roads, making little potholes get so bad, compounding the already menace of traffic.

Mehn! This system ain't working and it don't look good bruh!

God bless you sire for saying the truth and not been sentmemtal like others on naira land.

He's bringing tear nylon bus to bad roads........ In the next few months they start passing through repairs in their various bus depots...

I wish he can be probed

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:39pm On May 01, 2019
Awoleesu:
Bros, if dem drop you for TBS wetin remain to enter Obalende?
Na true sha, didn't see TBS initially

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by computer0810(m): 10:43pm On May 01, 2019
kennykg:

Correction
they don't have good acs
Some are not working
Some are partially working and some are dripping water.
I use them frequently
If you want sef I can get the bus numbers for you.
I ask if theres any 1 working without acs u r saying dey don't have good acs but at least dey have and u cannot compare when new to nw not even when it's public transport....if u have always notice u will know that there r times when dey remove some of them to replace latter that's if u noticed or have anybody that works there u can ask from...Nigeria don't have maintenance culture but dis we should applaud them, 12years still running and u r saying some acs r not working, I guess u r only looking for fault, now new set have been released and b4 dey get out of fashion new set will be release again...remember d present brand is not what we started with

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by computer0810(m): 10:45pm On May 01, 2019
kennykg:
Another bad move
BRI?
On which road?
So wen should we be expecting the 4180 remaining busses?
Is the commissioned oshodi project/ikeja bus terminal completed?

Even if you want to get busses what can innoson supply them?

Thank God his got 27days to go
Probing is sure for him.
am looking for sense in what u just wrote
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by kennykg(m): 11:41pm On May 01, 2019
computer0810:
am looking for sense in what u just wrote
I hope. You find it
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by vince2016(m): 12:10am On May 02, 2019
jtjohn:

You are not making any sense in your word.
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by Horus(m): 12:17am On May 02, 2019

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by vince2016(m): 12:21am On May 02, 2019
jtjohn:

You are not making any sense in your statement.
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:54am On May 02, 2019
You know nothing
jtjohn:

Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by mapet: 8:59am On May 02, 2019
jtjohn:

"marking your tenses are disturbing enough........
Re: Lagos Launches New Buses With Free Service On Five Routes by mapet: 9:01am On May 02, 2019
Trini4000:
Naija sef,,,, why them no comot the nylon wey the chair... cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin

When we were young, when our egbons buy brand new cars, they don't remove the nylon until they take the car to their father or elder in the family with a bottle of schnapps for prayers. After the prayers, the elder or father will now "launch" the car by removing the nylon.....

300Level Law Student Of UNIBEN Dies In Accident Alongside Her Parents (Photos) / Visa Ban: Our Policy Consistent With Yours, UK Replies FG / Which State In Nigeria Is Cheap And Safe To Live In With Nightlife?