Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? (657 Views)

Ifa Priests In Cuba Pray Against Coronavirus / Ifa Priests In Cuba Pray Against Coronavirus / I Consulted Ifa Priests For Safe Return Of My Daughter From Libya – Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? by MrHeff(m): 6:46pm On May 01, 2019
I consulted an Ifa priest a few months ago and he divined an Odu called Owonrin Oyeku. I not being fluent in yoruba could not fully understand all he said. Only understood bits and pieces. It's been bothering me for a while now so I decided to come here and ask, perhaps it will be explained much better.

Indepth explanation of the odu and what it signifies would be really appreciated. Thanks
Re: Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? by MrHeff(m): 6:45am On May 02, 2019
Bump
Re: Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? by MrHeff(m): 11:22pm On May 03, 2019
Anyone?
Re: Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? by MrHeff(m): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
?
Re: Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
You should have asked your Babalawo to provide you detailed explanation of the verse. There is no way he wouldn't tell you what the verse implie nd applies to your condition

1 Like

Re: Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? by MrHeff(m): 7:57am On Jul 27, 2019
FOLYKAZE:
You should have asked your Babalawo to provide you detailed explanation of the verse. There is no way he wouldn't tell you what the verse implie nd applies to your condition
there was a language barrier. He explained, but I don't understand yoruba quite well. I struggled to understand most parts
Re: Ifa Priests/Practitioners, What Does This Odu Mean? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:33am On Jul 27, 2019
MrHeff:
there was a language barrier. He explained, but I don't understand yoruba quite well. I struggled to understand most parts

If you are opportune, simply return to the Baba (I advice visiting aged Babalawo) and inform him you don't understand Yoruba Language. He will call someone in to interpret in English. Or you can call your friend who understand both languages in, for proper interpretation.

Even as Ikale, who understands Yoruba fully, there are sometimes I don't understand when Babalawo speaks in parables and many esoteric languages. I simply ask him to explain what he/she mean in simple words. Sometimes, they use stories to explain themselves.

It is simple. Ifa wants you to know. You also paid for it. So until you understand everything, don't just go.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Working Download. Green Day Revolution Radio Full Album# / Pastor Adeboye's Sermon @ The November 2019 Kalabari Gospel Crusade / Know Thine Chosen Ones: Excerpts Form The Talmud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.