Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer (3731 Views)

Fire Kills Family Of Seven In Lagos Apartment / My Wife Insults And Threatens My Fiancee / Mum Runs Mad Over News Of Death Of Baby She Waited Seven Years To Have (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by ZIMBA(m): 1:04pm On May 02, 2007
How Do I Get On In Life?- Lost My Fiance, After 7 Yrs.

We met in the University and started dating a year after.

Things went on very well with us and just when we thought of getting married, it was diagnosed that She had Cancer.

Though it was devastating, She gave it a brave fight and underwent a series of surgical operations. And as we were beginning to heave a sigh of relief, there was a relapse and she never recovered.

She finally rested in the Lord on 23/03/07 and was interred on 28/03/07.

I'm presently undergoing a training programme at work, but my life is in shambles right now, She is everything that ever mattered to me. Now, i find living very difficult to understand.

What is the meaning of Life?[/color]
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by la1(m): 2:35pm On May 02, 2007
pls accept my most sincere codolences may the lord give you that fortitude that he alone can provide,please dont be afraid to grieve for her ,bt hold on to Gods promise that he'll surely make things right for he's children,having said this i think you shld also give urself somtime off from the routine of life and jst take break,things will reset themselves over time and i promise u'll not only find love again bt life as well, cheers
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by McDoe(m): 3:32pm On May 02, 2007
This is a big blow! it is said that he who wears the shoes knows where it pinches. I ve had similar experience in life. I mean loosing someone very dear. The healing actually takes time. But take heart as the Lord will be your strength at this point in time. I commiserate with you over this irreparable loss. Once more, take heart and trust in God. He will surely console you.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by IBBFan(m): 4:21pm On May 02, 2007
ZIMBA, i must say that i am really sorry for this big loss. they say time heals all wounds and i know GOD will give you the strength to carry on now that she has departed. be strong, brother! the LORD is your strength and comforter. i pray her soul rests in peace in the bossom of the Most High.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by ZIMBA(m): 5:01pm On May 02, 2007
@ IBB Fan, McDoe @ la!
To you guys, i say "Fragranced is the hands that gives roses" May GOD truly perfect all that concern you and may He 4eva show you mercies.
I never talked to anybody 'bout this topic b4 now,cos i tot no1 really cares but u've shown that truly " a problem shared is half-solved".
For your concern, i'm eternally grateful!.
My fiance ans i always believed in GOD and all He represents, though this is d hardest i have been hit.
Never the less i know that He know best.

Thanks once again, God bless you all.

Cheerio.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 02, 2007
oh my God, i never know what i will meet whenever i come to nairaland. i just shed a sorrowful tears. that was so sad. sorry about the ugly situation. i don't know what advise i can give right now because i just put myself in your shoe and even though i still have my man, it hurt to image him dead
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by Aproko(f): 6:22pm On May 02, 2007
please accept my sympathy.try to sorround yourself with people that will uplift you instead of those that will make you sad.may God heal you and give you the strenght to go thru this trying period.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by Everbright(f): 6:39pm On May 02, 2007
May the good Lord give you the fortitude to bear this irrepairable loss
Time they say heal all wounds,I think with time you'll get over it and be able to love again
Accept my sympathy sad sad
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by bunmii(f): 6:52pm On May 02, 2007
you must be feel real sad
so sorry about your loss
tk care of urself
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by hotchic1(f): 6:57pm On May 02, 2007
oooh my God,thats really sad,i pray that the Almighty God will be with you and be your strength to see you through this,i know its really difficult,just try and take heart.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by folushola(f): 6:59pm On May 02, 2007
Accept my sympathy. May the Almighty give you the fortitude to bear her loss.
These things do happen and only God knows why. We cannot question Him for He knows best. Please just take heart, see it as a phase that will soon be over.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by PHBABE(f): 7:06pm On May 02, 2007
men, sorry oh. please take heart. e go beta. Time will heal this one, Trust God!
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by needeeg(m): 7:32pm On May 02, 2007
Na so life be, sometimes! grin
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by funkelola(f): 7:51pm On May 02, 2007
Though it's so hard to forgot but all u need do is to keep praying for her soul to rest in the peace.I pray that God in his infinite mercy will give u the strength to bear the loss.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by tollu: 8:28pm On May 02, 2007
Reading this brought tears to my eyes, I'm so sorry about your loss and i pray that in good time you'll be able to cope and that God will surprise you with beautiful and pleasant things in all areas of your life, you'll experience increase on all sides and u shant have any reason to shed a tear over a partner again in Jesus name. lots of love and good wishes.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by CrazyMan(m): 8:45pm On May 02, 2007
Am sorry for what happened to you.
But it has happened you can't change it
What i would advise you to do is to get over it and go on with your life.
It's painful i know but that's life for you. life can give you pleasure with one hand, and then sorrow with the other hand.
You have to accept it just the way you see it.

Once again am sorry for what happened to you my dear brother cry
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by alanbolo(m): 8:54pm On May 02, 2007
hey bros,  reading this alone melt my heart once more due to death of a loved one.  I just don't know how or what to console u with than May God grant you the serenity to bear the painful loss and to grant her eternal life with him.   sad

U have every right to ask why U or what is meaning of life.  Remember that we came to this world somehow and we're bound to leave it somehow  and no matter what time we leave it's still painful.  Console yourself with what u think she will expect of u - be brave at  heart and always remember the good times spent together.  God will continue to increase yr strength daily to bear the memorable loss.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by superman(m): 9:58pm On May 02, 2007
sori brov. god is always in control.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by showbobo(m): 12:02am On May 03, 2007
i am so so sorry about that.A o ni ri iru e mo. cry cry
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by teddyface(m): 12:11am On May 03, 2007
showbobo:

i am so so sorry about that.A o ni ri iru e mo. cry cry
sorry my brother but Man Can only Start and God finish, take it as one of the stages in life, remember the bible said they is time for every thing.
sorry Bro. embarassed cry
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by Rlst84sale(m): 1:18am On May 03, 2007
Sorry to read about such unfortunate incident, God will heal your heart and her soul rests in peace. Please seek counselling.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by Nobody: 2:43am On May 03, 2007
pple that are really sad have no time posting their bereavement on a public forum. It is of no purpose.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by busygirl(f): 2:47am On May 03, 2007
ZIMBA, i feel your hurts and pains cry cry cry cry cry cry cry. You have to be closer to God because you need him most now. He will stand by you and comfort YOU. I honestly want to commend you for one thing. That's dating the girl despite her condition. . It's so rare to find a guy who would stay by one for six months not to even talk of 7years. Because of that, God will reward you. Your labour shall not be in vain.
                                                                                    MUCH LOVE!!! cheesy
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by ikamefa(f): 2:53am On May 03, 2007
davidylan:

people that are really sad have no time posting their bereavement on a public forum. It is of no purpose.

angry come on! now david people have different ways of dealing with issues! give him a break jor! angry
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by Nobody: 3:12am On May 03, 2007
ikamefa:

angry come on! now david people have different ways of dealing with issues! give him a break jor! angry

my dear. . . we've been burnt several times by folks like these coming up with stories of having aids in poland and whatever. REAL bereavement has no place being posted on NL.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by ikamefa(f): 3:21am On May 03, 2007
davidylan:

my dear. . . we've been burnt several times by folks like these coming up with stories of having aids in poland and whatever. REAL bereavement has no place being posted on Nairaland.

i understand where you are coming from! one has to be wary of some threads when it comes to bereavement et all ! but then we don't know his conditions (emotionally, psychologically), the dude prolly feels a need to reach out to peeps undecided
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by Nobody: 3:24am On May 03, 2007
and those "peeps" happen to be folks he has never or will never meet?
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by RichyBlacK(m): 3:25am On May 03, 2007
Accept my condolences.

God bless.
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by ikamefa(f): 3:30am On May 03, 2007
davidylan:

and those "peeps" happen to be folks he has never or will never meet?

so? cheesy as long as he gains what he is looking for! which in my opinion is sympathy ! so what? cheesy

ain't nuffin wrong with that! cheesy
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by Nobody: 3:38am On May 03, 2007
sympathy eh? soon you will all be donating to buy something to assuage his "grief". grin

at least he has gained "sympathy" + popularity
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by spoilt(f): 4:05am On May 03, 2007
zimba kpele!  may her soul R.I.P
i know what you have had to endure.i am so sorry and i will put you in my prayers.  i lost my brother who was a medical doctor to cancer.(how ironic) he was a great doctor and headed for great things.his death stung like hell. we had never had incidence of cancer in the family before this. cancer is cruel and merciless and few survive it. its anguish to watch a loved one battle disease and lose.this disease left us financially and emotionally drained.we did everything. and i mean everything to battle this disease. we all left our jobs and schools to camp by his bedside 24/7.  for the longest of times i thought i was going to die too. life didnt seem worth it. what was i struggling and hustling in life for if cancer could strike at anytime and end me? cry cry

but i thank God for his grace that makes all things alright. the truth is that the pain never goes away but with time it becomes bearable. i still walk around with a peppery feeling in my chest but life must go on. its okay to grieve. let it all out. but a time must come when you have to move on. i wish you the best. pray. and take it easy. You will find love again. and the strange thing about loss is that when you find someone else it makes you love them harder because anything can happen.  cry

@ davidylan
if his post is cooked up, dat's his problem. undecided
Re: I Lost My Fiancee Of Seven Years To Cancer by ikamefa(f): 4:30am On May 03, 2007
davidylan:

sympathy eh? soon you will all be donating to buy something to assuage his "grief". grin

at least he has gained "sympathy" + popularity

shocked david i don begin fear you grin, you have a cynical heart ! grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can My Son Do To Keep Busy After Junior Waec(jss3) / Soft And Beautiful Bedsheets / What Do You Call This In Your Dialect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.