Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,884 members, 7,813,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP (927 Views)

Is It Safe To Uninstall Google Play Services? / Why Is MTN This Useless / Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 01, 2019
Hi,

Just bought a samsung Galaxy tab and made the stupid mistake of installing opera mini on it. Recently i found that when i enable power saving mode it closes all apps on the phone to conserve power except the Opera mini.

That app has a size of less than 2 mb but eats a lot of battery power. We are talking a small rat eating big food here. The problem is that when you go to setting>applications, you would see the damn app. You got to slide deeper in to the all app listing to find it and it has no uninstall button there. There is disable and force stop but the two don't really stop it from draining my battery.

I've tried using Goggle playstore to uninstall it but the damn thing is not showing on my list of installed app. I don't understand.

How do i get rid of this useless app?
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by Tintinnoty(m): 12:37am On May 02, 2019
Dannybrain:
Hi,

Just bought a samsung Galaxy tab and made the stupid mistake of installing opera mini on it. Recently i found that when i enable power saving mode it closes all apps on the phone to conserve power except the Opera mini.

That app has a size of less than 2 mb but eats a lot of battery power. We are talking a small rat eating big food here. The problem is that when you go to setting>applications, you would see the damn app. You got to slide deeper in to the all app listing to find it and it has no uninstall button there. There is disable and force stop but the two don't really stop it from draining my battery.

I've tried using Goggle playstore to uninstall it but the damn thing is not showing on my list of installed app. I don't understand.

How do i get rid of this useless app?

Make do with it

1 Like

Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by bizza45: 12:50am On May 02, 2019
i tot opera-mini conserve data, but i was wrong, that app sucks data more than chrome and ucweb..i removed mine long time ago
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by Unlimitk(m): 3:59am On May 02, 2019
bizza45:
i tot opera-mini conserve data, but i was wrong, that app sucks data more than chrome and ucweb..i removed mine long time ago
There's a yuuuuugggee difference between opera browser and opera mini
I use opera mini and it's my second best browser after chrome browser
Check if its browser or mini u are using
Because it's highly confusing on play store
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by khalhokage(m): 7:30am On May 02, 2019
You probably installed a malware infested version if you didn't install it through the play store.

Rooting the phone will enable you uninstall it.
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by Nobody: 9:16am On May 02, 2019
khalhokage:
You probably installed a malware infested version if you didn't install it through the play store.

Rooting the phone will enable you uninstall it.

Anytime i see rooting i get scared. But yeah I suspected such since ads are showing up on my phone anyhow. But i swear to God being a computer freak i know the risks of just installing crap form anyway. I installed this thing off the play store! it was the second app i installed right after whatsapps

How do i go about rooting it and removing the damn thing? The safest way pls, this is very expensive and new the last thing i want is to damage it. and will factory reset not fix this? The phone is still new and i have not used it that deeply.
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by khalhokage(m): 12:56pm On May 02, 2019
Dannybrain:

Anytime i see rooting i get scared. But yeah I suspected such since ads are showing up on my phone anyhow. But i swear to God being a computer freak i know the risks of just installing crap form anyway. I installed this thing off the play store! it was the second app i installed right after whatsapps

How do i go about rooting it and removing the damn thing? The safest way pls, this is very expensive and new the last thing i want is to damage it. and will factory reset not fix this? The phone is still new and i have not used it that deeply.

A factory reset will fix it, but make sure that it's the opera mini that's really the problem here, I've been using opera mini for so long and have never encountered a problem with battery drain.
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 02, 2019
khalhokage:

A factory reset will fix it, but make sure that it's the opera mini that's really the problem here, I've been using opera mini for so long and have never encountered a problem with battery drain.

Know any app i can use to to remove with just one time root access? sometime that won't damage my phone. I ask cos i am on sure of anything with this Opera mini
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by flinton(m): 11:03pm On May 02, 2019
This is the best browser currently
Brave browser
Pros
Blocks ads
Blocks trackers
Fast
Pro privacy
Download brave browser through
https://brave.com/obi896
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by kingxsamz(m): 12:37am On May 03, 2019
Install the one on playstore, then uninstall.
Re: How Do I Uninstall This Useless Opera Mini APP by khalhokage(m): 7:23am On May 03, 2019
Dannybrain:

Know any app i can use to to remove with just one time root access? sometime that won't damage my phone. I ask cos i am on sure of anything with this Opera mini
I don't know of any.

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Week Deals!!! / Upgrade From Tecno Spark 2 To Spark 3 See The Reasons Here / � How To Get Free #1000 Naira Credit On Jumia One App With 50 Naira �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.