Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent (4881 Views)

Suri Tribeswomen Of Ethiopia Who Wear Large Lip Plate To Determine Worth In Cows / Is Ghana, The Greatest Country On The Continent / Addis Abeba, Ethiopia - The Prostitution Capital Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Ilamina(f): 5:45am On May 02, 2019

They are so nice
They are.all.about black.unity

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by hahn(m): 5:49am On May 02, 2019
Stats? Figures?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by ednited(f): 7:31am On May 02, 2019
Ilamina:

They are so nice

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by meobizy(f): 1:30pm On May 02, 2019
Hahahahaha.
Mamagee and her local girl opinions.

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Dolphin01: 6:27pm On May 02, 2019
Ethiopia is not really the greatest country in Africa. That they were not colonized didn't mean they are the strongest.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by grandstar(m): 12:51am On May 03, 2019
Ilamina:

They are so nice

To know how wealthy a country is, simply Google ,"per capita income of Ethiopia" for instance.

If it's less than $1,000, it is a poor country.

Only start rating a country when it's per capita income is $8,000.

But best countries to go to and work are from $25,000 upwards.

Those are my own views.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Ilamina(f): 1:54am On May 03, 2019
grandstar:

To know how wealthy a country is, simply Google ,"per capita income of Ethiopia" for instance.

If it's less than $1,000, it is a poor country.

Only start rating a country when it's per capita income is $8,000.

But best countries to go to and work are from $25,000 upwards.

Those are my own views.

Money is not everything

3 Likes

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by PolymathDave(m): 4:44pm On May 07, 2019
Black unity is a fairy tale, it won't happen.

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 10:38pm On May 09, 2019
PolymathDave:
..unity is a fairy tale, it won't happen.

We have to unite towards a common purpose.

Why?

Because our people are truly the envy of the world.

I agree with Op, Ethiopia is a great and influential African country, arguably the best, although they are after Nigeria in the ranking on my watch.

Furthemore, secure our future in todays world, concentrate on our part of the world.

Lets concentrate our focus on Africa. How to make the world a better place.

The world will only be a better place, when all our people are successfully elivated out of poverty.

Unity is worth the fuss.

Africans invents both the paper and the ink-pen.

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 11:18pm On May 09, 2019
Heres an idea!

Lets all make a wish.

A wish is always a good idea.

Sometimes, a wish could turn into a great invention or may remain as a simple wish; sometimes it depends on goodluck and a good and consistent technique.

I wish i had 100k!

Nice!

What is the idea?

Well my parents are traders and how about i ask to accompany them to the stalls every weekend, the plan is to learn transfersble skills that might be of use to me in my future career. Plus, plead to them for a real life wage, lets say, 10k per/wk.

I wish i had 100k

The plan is i will be followng my parents to the stalls on a negotiated wage of 10k per week, i will be a good and productive assistance to my folks for 10 weeks at the end will have earned 100k

Use your wish

Make a success of the ideas.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 11:22pm On May 09, 2019
Ethiopia is where the Rasterfarian originates.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by DonCandido(f): 11:34pm On May 09, 2019
Ilamina:

They are so nice

Greatest country on the continent of what? Abyssinia?

Now, if you are talking about Africa, you've got only one option and one option only: Nigeria.

Nigeria is the foremost country on the continent!

2 Likes

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Ilamina(f): 11:58pm On May 09, 2019
DonCandido:

Greatest country on the continent of what? Abyssinia?

Now, if you are talking about Africa, you've got only one option and one option only: Nigeria.

Nigeria is the foremost country on the continent!

I was just asking
Because I. Heard so many great things about them
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by DonCandido(f): 5:05am On May 10, 2019
Ilamina:

I was just asking
Because I. Heard so many great things about them

Okay. Now you have a confirmation that Nigeria is the greatest country on the continent.

Please tell others who may wish to know.

They are welcome on our nairaland forum too, because we are hospitable and incredibly nice like that.

Nigeria and Nigerians ROCK!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by PolymathDave(m): 6:18am On May 11, 2019
Amujale:

We have to unite towards a common purpose.

Why?

Because our people are truly the envy of the world.

I agree with Op, Ethiopia is a great and influential African country, arguably the best, although they are after Nigeria in the ranking on my watch.

Furthemore, secure our future in todays world, concentrate on our part of the world.

Lets concentrate our focus on Africa. How to make the world a better place.

The world will only be a better place, when all our people are successfully elivated out of poverty.

Unity is worth the fuss.

Africans invents both the paper and the ink-pen.

True... let's hope for the best

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by RedboneSmith(m): 7:51am On May 11, 2019
Amujale:

Because Haile Selassie (Ras Tafari) was Ethiopian doesn't mean the movement started in Ethiopia. Rastafarianism originated from Jamaica.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by RedboneSmith(m): 7:53am On May 11, 2019
Based on what criteria do you rate Ethiopia the greatest country in Africa?

If it's based on "never been colonized", Liberia will also be in the running.

Depending on what criterion you use it could also be Egypt or South Africa or Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 4:03pm On May 11, 2019
RedboneSmith:

Because Haile Selassie (Ras Tafari) was Ethiopian doesn't mean the movement started in Ethiopia. Rastafarianism originated from Jamaica.

Everyone know that Rastafarian is associated with Jamaica, yet they themselves trace their Rastafari to Ethiopia.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Deadlytruth(m): 5:18pm On May 11, 2019
Amujale:

Everyone know that Rastafarian is associated with Jamaica, yet they themselves trace their Rastafari to Ethiopia.
Rastafarianism is the belief in and the worship of Emperor Haile Selassie as God not by Ethiopians but by Jamaicans, hence it started in Jamaica.
Haile Selassie himself rejected and publicly denounced the Rastafarian movement for defying him, and he made it clear that himself was a Christian who believed in Christ.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 7:52pm On May 11, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Rastafarianism is the belief in and the worship of Emperor Haile Selassie as God....

Thats just a pure nonsense. You have no idea what you are on about.

I have many pals that are Rastafarian and they consider Haile Selassie as their spiritual leader, they dont believe hes God.

I am not a Rastafarian, yet i acknowledge their African credentials and how they use it to uplift and defend themselves from Eurocentric and Asian rhetoric.

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Deadlytruth(m): 8:01pm On May 11, 2019
Amujale:

Thats just a pure nonsense. You have no idea what you are on about.

I have many pals that are Rastafarian and they consider Haile Selassie as their spiritual leader, they dont believe hes God.

I am not a Rastafarian, yet i acknowledge their African credentials and how they use it to uplift and defend themselves from Eurocentric and Asian rhetoric.

You are speaking out of point. How is this trash you vomitted above related to the question of where Rastafarianism originated?
Rastafarianism started in Jamaica by Jamaicans and not in Ethiopia.

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 8:12pm On May 11, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Rastafarianism started in Jamaica by Jamaicans and not in Ethiopia.

Nobody is disputing that. As is the common notion.

Amujale:

All i am saying, if you take the care to read, is that, according to Rastaferians, they insist that their concepts originates in Ethiopia. They definatelty have a point.

So you can get on your bike!

If you have a problem accepting their claims dont take it up with me, go ask a Rastafarian.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 8:17pm On May 11, 2019
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Deadlytruth(m): 8:18pm On May 11, 2019
Amujale:

Nobody is disputing that. As is the common notion.

All i am saying, if you take the care to read, is that, according to Rastaferians, they insist that their concepts originates in Ethiopia.

So you can get on your bike!

If you have a problem accepting their claims dont take it up with me, go ask a Rastafarian.

Why are you so shamelessly changing tune? You started by claiming that Rastafarianism originated in Ethiopia. Someone tried to correct you but you stuck to your ignorance.
See your original post below:

But now that you have been shown the fact, rather than accept it you change it to the issue of concept.

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 8:21pm On May 11, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Why are you so shamelessly changing tune? You started by claiming that Rastafarianism originated in Ethiopia. Someone tried to correct you but you stuck to your ignorance.
See your original post below

But now that you have been shown the fact, rather than accept it you change it to the issue of concept.

Everyone knows that Rastafarian is associated with Jamaica, yet they themselves trace their Rastafari to Ethiopia.

Stop trying to misconscrue what is being said
here.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 8:26pm On May 11, 2019

Why?

Because the Rastaferians themselves say exactly that.

These are not my words. These are what the people from the West Indies tell us.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Deadlytruth(m): 10:39pm On May 11, 2019
Amujale:

Everyone knows that Rastafarian is associated with Jamaica, yet they themselves trace their Rastafari to Ethiopia.

Stop trying to misconscrue what is being said
here.

Guy, what you said initially is that "Rastafari originated in Ethiopia" which is not true.
That they trace the conceptual basis of the movement to Emperor Haile Selassie of Ethiopia doesn't mean the movement started in Ethiopia.
The concept itself never emanated from Haile Selassie. Certain Jamaicans only assumed he was a their deity despite the man himself denied it. So how can you claim something originated in a place where it was denied by the very figure around whom it was supposedly built?
It doesn't make sense.
Can we assume that Reedemed Church started in Israel just because the founder traces the origin of his faith to Jesus who was an Israelite while physically on earth?
You are not making sense at all. Accept the glaring fact that you were wrong to have ever claimed that Rastafari started in Ethiopia.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Deadlytruth(m): 10:41pm On May 11, 2019
Amujale:

Why?

Because the Rastaferians themselves say exactly that.

These are not my words. These are what the people from the West Indies tell us.
Show us a link or video in which a Jamaican Rastafarian declared with his mouth that his religion originated in Ethiopia.
I am waiting.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 11:09pm On May 11, 2019
Deadlytruth:

The concept itself never emanated from Haile Selassie. Certain Jamaicans only assumed he was a their deity despite the man himself denied it

You arguments are baseless and deprecating.

Tell me, what is your point.

Instead of you to accept from those that have experience.

You're attemp to pointless arguement is failing you.

Answer me the simple question.

Are you Rasta?

Have you friends or family that are Rastaferian?

My experience with Rastaferian is very broad indeed.

I dont claim to be Rastaferian, yet, we have come across so many different Jamaican Rastaferian in our lifetime; you can take it from me, they definately do NOT see him as God. Plus, they DO NOT assume their concept originates from Ethiopia, they insist it does.

The overwhelming feedback i get when posed with the question, where does their concept originate, 99% of them will respond as thus:

Ethiopia is where the Rastaferian originates. Hence, their spiritual leader is Haile Salassie.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 11:20pm On May 11, 2019
Given that the topic is about Ethiopia, i choose to concentrate my efforts on positivity.

If you ask a Rastaferian, they will tell you that their concepts are born out of the Ethiopian culture.

If it quacks as duck and walks as a duck; it can only possibly be a duck.

Eventhough i DO NOT subscribe to their concepts or religion, i appreciate them whole-heartedly, anything that will bring about African progress.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 11:42pm On May 11, 2019
[flash=250,250]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6uGRmPQSQ[/flash]

Faces Of Africans: The Rastaferian Coming Home to Africa
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Deadlytruth(m): 2:40pm On May 12, 2019
Amujale:

You arguments are baseless and deprecating.

Tell me, what is your point.

Instead of you to accept from those that have experience.

You're attemp to pointless arguement is failing you.

Answer me the simple question.

Are you Rasta?

Have you friends or family that are Rastaferian?

My experience with Rastaferian is very broad indeed.

I dont claim to be Rastaferian, yet, we have come across so many different Jamaican Rastaferian in our lifetime; you can take it from me, they definately do NOT see him as God. Plus, they DO NOT assume their concept originates from Ethiopia, they insist it does.

The overwhelming feedback i get when posed with the question, where does their concept originate, 99% of them will respond as thus:

Ethiopia is where the Rastaferian originates. Hence, their spiritual leader is Haile Salassie.

So my simple demand for a video or a website where a rastafarian declared that his faith originated in Ethiopia is what led you into all this merry go round from which you ended up still not providing the video or link?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamming Spot For Londoners/uk Peeps - All Slangs Are Allowed / Post Yoruba Traditional Wedding Pictures. / Proof that Ijebu Are The Biblical Jebusites Or Jebus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.