Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent (4892 Views)

Suri Tribeswomen Of Ethiopia Who Wear Large Lip Plate To Determine Worth In Cows / Is Ghana, The Greatest Country On The Continent / Addis Abeba, Ethiopia - The Prostitution Capital Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by OruExpress: 5:13pm On May 12, 2019
Dolphin01:
Ethiopia is not really the greatest country in Africa. That they were not colonized didn't mean they are the strongest.

'they' were colonized. Ethiopia is an amalgam of cultures, and one culture colonized the rest for most of it's recent history until the 60s.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Dolphin01: 8:51pm On May 12, 2019
OruExpress:

'they' were colonized. Ethiopia is an amalgam of cultures, and one culture colonized the rest for most of it's recent history until the 60s.

Colonization by any of the Colonial Masters I mean

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by OruExpress: 11:16pm On May 12, 2019
Dolphin01:

What makes someone a colonial master other than a mortal human being telling you to call them colonial master and you agreeing? Stop calling your fellow human being a master. If they're colonizing people there's no difference.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Ilamina(f): 10:33pm On May 13, 2019
If ethiopia and congo was one the first countries to accept christainity in africa

How did nigeria become the greatest
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 1:42am On May 14, 2019
Ilamina:
If ethiopia and congo was one the first countries to accept christainity in africa

You are correct here, yet, its in my opinion that christianity and all other nonAfrican religions currently operating in the world of today are literally "nothing to write home about".

All nonAfrican manufactured religions are fake, false counter-intuitive and have a history of unbelievable violence.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 3:37am On May 14, 2019
Deadlytruth:

So my simple demand for a video or a website where a rastafarian declared that his faith originated in Ethiopia is what led you into all this merry go round from which you ended up still not providing the video or link?

Here, i found a video on the internet and post as you requested above. I hope that is a good enough response.

Cheers.

Amujale:

[flash=250,250]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6uGRmPQSQ[/flash]

Faces Of Africans: The Rastaferian Coming Home to Africa
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Deadlytruth(m): 5:25am On Sep 14, 2019
Amujale:

Here, i found a video on the internet and post as you requested above. I hope that is a good enough response.

Cheers.

Unfortunately, your video refused to play.
But here is a screenshot evidence of my position.

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 12:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
Deadlytruth:

Unfortunately, your video refused to play.
But here is a screenshot evidence of my position.

The video works perfectly okay on my device.

Let me summarize the content:

"Many Rastaferians want to be in Africa, but many of them havent taken the steps to be in Africa. To them, this is their promise land"

The narrator in the video introduces the viewer to the sass Amani of Ethiopia the religious sect that identify themselves as the original Rastaferianssic

It seems you misunderstand the point being made here.

There is no disputing the fact that the Rastaferian religion is of and highly connected to the West Indies.

Yet, the Rastaferians in the West Indies themselves insist that their religion originates in Ethiopia.

The video claims that the sass Amani community of Ethiopia are the religious sect that the West Indies Rastaferians talk about.

The point made holds within it the simple fact that Rastaferians insist that their religion originates in Ethiopia.

Therefore, if you have any reason to dispute their claims, then you need to find either a Rastafarian or a sass Amani and direct it towards them.

Another way would be to perform a direct research on The Rasteferian religion and the historical connections with Ethiopia.

Given the nature of my genuine assertion, your research shouldnt be as an attempt to prove or disprove the fact that Rastaferia originates in Africa's Ethiopia, rather it should be seen as an attempt to ascertain the fact that:

"Rastafarians claim in their religion that their Rastaferi originates in Ethiopia"

Starting from a neutral mindset, i'm utterly confident that anyone who performs a comprehensive research on The Rasterferian religion will themselves come to a similar conclusion that 'the Rasteferians insist that their religion originates in Ethiopia'

Cheers!
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by gregyboy(m): 7:44pm On Sep 14, 2019
Amujale:

We have to unite towards a common purpose.

Why?

Because our people are truly the envy of the world.

I agree with Op, Ethiopia is a great and influential African country, arguably the best, although they are after Nigeria in the ranking on my watch.

Furthemore, secure our future in todays world, concentrate on our part of the world.

Lets concentrate our focus on Africa. How to make the world a better place.

The world will only be a better place, when all our people are successfully elivated out of poverty.

Unity is worth the fuss.

Africans invents both the paper and the ink-pen.

You putting nigeria there is wrong... Yea Ethiopia is well respected for is history putting Ethiopia best is not wrong but best in what ....
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 10:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
gregyboy:

You putting nigeria there is wrong... Yea Ethiopia is well respected for is history putting Ethiopia best is not wrong but best in what ....

Nigeria is arguably Africa's greatest influence on the global stage, Ethiopia is easily top five.

The Green White and Green Flag is higly respected all across the globe.

Amujale:

We have to unite towards a common purpose.

Why?

Because our people are truly the envy of the world.

I agree with Op, Ethiopia is a great and influential African country, arguably the best, although they are after Nigeria in the ranking on my watch.

Furthemore, secure our future in todays world, concentrate on our part of the world.

Lets concentrate our focus on Africa. How to make the world a better place.

The world will only be a better place, when all our people are successfully elivated out of poverty.

Unity is worth the fuss.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by capitalzero: 7:58am On Sep 15, 2019
“Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph”. Emperor Haile Selassie I.

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by capitalzero: 8:02am On Sep 15, 2019
Ethiopia lost his position as leading nation in Africa after death of Emperor Haile Selassie.
present day Ethiopia is struggling

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by alanmwene: 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Ilamina:

How is nigeria the greatest?Is nigeria a moral example?To have a huge gdp coz of a huge population doesnt mean to be the greatestAs a congolese,I salute my ethiopian brothers coz they have a deep respect for god matters.I have never seen a single ethiopian using religion to con people.You cant compare ethiopian monks to all these nigerian "men of god"(TB Joshua,Oyedepo,.....).Kongo and Ethiopia are very old names that pre-existed the white man.Nigeria is doing fine right now,but the journey is still very very long.As a kongo proverb says " to go first isnt to arrive first".The mvuluzis(prophets of kongo traditional religion) were right when they predicted,long time ago,that,from the 5th president,kongo will start to rise again.Tchisekedi,the new president,bears all the signs of the prophecy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoGUsr0lXQY

great ethiopian monks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1QXpmv-y2E
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by OruExpress: 12:22am On Sep 21, 2019
Dolphin01:

One day africans will learn how foolish they sound calling people masters and insisting they not be called slaves.

They were colonized by 'colonial masters' the colonial mastering being African doesn't matter. It's also important to remember that Ethiopia fought it's would be colonizer for 4 years (Italy) while the Akan in Ghana fought the British for 200 years. So saying they weren't colonized by europeans is true but it's a misleading statement. Most of the tribes in Nigeria fought the British for no less that 30-50 years.

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by OruExpress: 12:24am On Sep 21, 2019
Amujale:

Nigeria is arguably Africa's greatest influence on the global stage, Ethiopia is easily top five.

The Green White and Green Flag is higly respected all across the globe.

Nigeria influences little to nothing, not even it's self. No country in Africa is influential on a political level though Nigeria had the best chance at being so and Ethiopia once was.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 8:34pm On Sep 21, 2019
OruExpress:

Nigeria influences little to nothing, not even it's self. No country in Africa is influential on a political level though Nigeria had the best chance at being so and Ethiopia once was.

You are writting out of ignorance aswell as not completely understanding what has been written here.

Nigeria is arguably the most influential African country on the global stage.

That is to say, Nigeria influence around the globe is arguably the greatest in Africa.

All the countries outside of Africa recognise the Nigerian flag and the Nigerian culture as distinctive and highly influential, arguably the most influential on the continent.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 8:41pm On Sep 21, 2019
OruExpress:

...calling people masters...

They arent masters they were colonial rougues and scroungers; the theiving bastards.

OruExpress:

Most of the tribes in Nigeria fought the British for no less that 30-50 years.

I agree with your analysis here.

Although would kindly point out the fact that Africa doesnt have tribes, Africa has ethnicity.

Asians and Europeans have tribes.

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by OruExpress: 4:50am On Sep 22, 2019
Amujale:

You are writting out of ignorance aswell as not completely understanding what has been written here.

Nigeria is arguably the most influential African country on the global stage.

That is to say, Nigeria influence around the globe is arguably the greatest in Africa.

All the countries outside of Africa recognise the Nigerian flag and the Nigerian culture as distinctive and highly influential, arguably the most influential on the continent.

No it's not, at all. It doesn't matter if people recognize the nigerian flag and culture. 'Nigerian culture' spread because Nigerias ran from Nigeria in droves. That's not influence. The 'influential' cultures of Nigeria (Igbo Yoruba) are also detached from the power structure so the state is both unaware of this both, and unable to capitalize on it. It's like saying Israel is influential because everyone around the world supports palestine. There really is no 'nigerian culture'.

Nigeria has no influence on anything globally. The parts of Nigeria that are recognized globally are not recognized by the state of Nigeria and are survive in spite of that state.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 9:32am On Sep 22, 2019
That is utterly wrong and spiteful. Shows your lack of understanding of global general knowledge.

OruExpress:

No it's not, at all. It doesn't matter if people recognize the nigerian flag and culture. 'Nigerian culture' spread because

Again, can you see your display of the lack of understanding here?

In the first part of the above quote you acknowledge Nigerian influence, and in the next sentence you claim that it isnt .

Furthermore, following general knowledge and global statistics, you will arrive at the conclusion that there are more people living in a single state in Nigeria than there are in the state of Israel and Palestine combined.

You are utterly and completely wrong. And your argument are pointless.

Dont allow your hate for Nigeria to cloud your judgement. Everyone can see that you hate Nigeria, therefore you cannot possesss a fair opinion on Nigeria's global influence.

In the first part of the above quote you claim that Nigeria hasnt influence, and immediately afterwards you start with:

"The parts of Nigeria that are recognised globally."...

Can you see that youre conflating Nigerian global influence with the existence of the country.

That is in itself an altogether seperate topic.

My advice is for you to go and learn the relevance of history and how it connects to the influence described in previous post.

Globally, Nigeria is arguably one of the most influential countries in Africa.

You sitting there on your arm chair arguing blindly and pointlessly doesnt change these simple truths.

How many African communities outside of Africa have you visited in 2019 ?

Your barracking and interjections on these specific subject matter are pointless and baseless.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by OruExpress: 11:39pm On Sep 22, 2019
Amujale:

That is utterly wrong and spiteful. Shows your lack of understanding of global general knowledge.

Again, can you see your display of the lack of understanding here?

In the first part of the above quote you acknowledge Nigerian influence, and in the next sentence you claim that it isnt .

Furthermore, following general knowledge and global statistics, you will arrive at the conclusion that there are more people living in a single state in Nigeria than there are in the state of Israel and Palestine combined.

You are utterly and completely wrong. And your argument are pointless.

Dont allow your hate for Nigeria to cloud your judgement. Everyone can see that you hate Nigeria, therefore you cannot possesss a fair opinion on Nigeria's global influence.

In the first part of the above quote you claim that Nigeria hasnt influence, and immediately afterwards you start with:

"The parts of Nigeria that are recognised globally."...

Can you see that youre conflating Nigerian global influence with the existence of the country.

That is in itself an altogether seperate topic.

My advice is for you to go and learn the relevance of history and how it connects to the influence described in previous post.

Globally, Nigeria is arguably one of the most influential countries in Africa.

You sitting there on your arm chair arguing blindly and pointlessly doesnt change these simple truths.

How many African communities outside of Africa have you visited in 2019 ?

Your barracking and interjections on these specific subject matter are pointless and baseless.

Obviously you have an emotional attachment to the idea of a 'strong nigeria' from the dismissiveness and insults in your response. Who is the biggest artist in Nigeria? Burna Boy probably. He's all over western television, he's all over the television in other african countries.

What does Buhari know about Burna Boy. What is the connection between Burna Boy and Buhari? The thing that is used to kill Burna's people is the thing that is making Buhari's people president. The suppression of burna boy's people is what allows Buhari to be in charge.

Nigeria was strong when Obasanjo was president because he is from the South and can align himself with the cultural influence of Nigeria because in reality, it's the cultural influence of Southern Nigeria that gets called 'Nigeria' or 'Nigerian'. This sounds arbitrary but consider the fact that Nigerian artists are getting arrested for being too flashy. Nigerian actors were getting banned left and right for making too much money. And the young men and women influence by Nigeria's pop culture and dress like it are also arrested and harassed by 'SARS'. It is very much illegal to be influenced by Nigeria in Nigeria, or at least the part of Nigeria that's influencing the workd, and this discrepancy doesn't make sense until you realize Nigeria is a collection of warring states that it's self has no influence.

when Buhari goes abroad, he tells the people he's meeting that the Nigerians in their respective countries are criminals and thieves. They're not only not his people, they are very literally his enemy and the enemy of his people. His people and their people engage in open armed war and the less of the enemy that exists the better for the opposite side. There have been less battles between Israeli and Palestinian in the last 4 years than there has been battles between Fulani and southerners or christians in the last 2. Worst yet, the Fulani who are backed by the Nigerian military, are seldom born in Nigeria nor citizens of it.

When South Africans were lynching Nigerians a week ago, with all of the influence Nigeria has, what happened? The southerners called for a boycott of SA, and Nasir El Rufai (likely the next president despite currently waging genocide in his state) and other northerners went to a summit that very week, took pictures and came back.

If for some reason the Niger Republic and Ogun state of Enugu get into a conflict, every Nigerian in the world knows where it's government will side. When Ihejirika pushed Boko Haram out of Nigeria, northern governors lobbied the US and UK to intervene and very literally protect boko haram. Today many of it's members are 'rehabilitated' and given military positions. They serve shorter sentences in prison than southerners that wear flashy clothes and have modern phones.

So you can say various Nigerian individuals are influential like Burna Boy but has no country in all reality. If there is a Fulani artist from Gambia and Burna Boy and they're both arrested in Saudi Arabia, guess who the Nigerian government will lobby to free? If you don't believe me check Nigeria's intervention in the elections in Guinea Bissau, then check it's lack there of when Chad, Niger, Cameroon, and Benin republic not only crossed it's boarders with soldiers, but took pieces of territory (Cameroon, Benin). Which didn't matter because the part of Nigeria it took it from has no connection to the part with power.

You can say Yorubas, Igbos, Fulanis etc are influential, but they're as alien to the Nigerian state as a South African. You don't have to believe me but in due time you'll see it.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 12:28am On Sep 24, 2019
OruExpress:

Apart from the warped narrative you present to your self, its obvious you have an ulterior motive.

Are you even Nigerian sef?

Wait...

Let me guess, No.

Then why in God's good planet are you butting into my conversation.

You MUST be ashamed of where you have come from. No ?

No matter where you claim from within the continent these same structures act as your own personal perpectual bodyguard.

My advice is for you to stop hating on the very structures that act as your own personal perpectual bodyguard and instead redirect your energy into assisting Africa in scoring our goals.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Amujale(m): 12:55am On Sep 24, 2019
Globally, Nigeria is arguably one of the most influential countries in Africa; Ethiopia is easily top 5.
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Ilamina(f): 12:54am On Nov 27, 2019
alanmwene:

How is nigeria the greatest?Is nigeria a moral example?To have a huge gdp coz of a huge population doesnt mean to be the greatestAs a congolese,I salute my ethiopian brothers coz they have a deep respect for god matters.I have never seen a single ethiopian using religion to con people.You cant compare ethiopian monks to all these nigerian "men of god"(TB Joshua,Oyedepo,.....).Kongo and Ethiopia are very old names that pre-existed the white man.Nigeria is doing fine right now,but the journey is still very very long.As a kongo proverb says " to go first isnt to arrive first".The mvuluzis(prophets of kongo traditional religion) were right when they predicted,long time ago,that,from the 5th president,kongo will start to rise again.Tchisekedi,the new president,bears all the signs of the prophecy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoGUsr0lXQY

great ethiopian monks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1QXpmv-y2E

Thanks Ethiopian monks look really inspirational, spiritual and cool
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by tck2000(m): 11:53am On Dec 01, 2019
view

1 Like

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Ilamina(f): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2020

Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by Ilamina(f): 10:58am On Feb 16, 2020
[right][/right]
Re: Is Ethiopia, The Greatest Country On The Continent by darasimisemilore: 1:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
how can i make money

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proof that Ijebu Are The Biblical Jebusites Or Jebus / Watch Nigeria Town In China / Is Polygamy Still Accepted In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.