Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,754 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. (31045 Views)

Lessons We Learned From Nigeria Vs Seychelles / Three Things We Learned From PSG Vs Man Utd UCL Match / 5 Things We Learned From The World Cup So Far (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by chyzoo4u(m): 11:32pm On May 07, 2019
sholarr12:
Having watched the first kegs of the Champions League semi finals, some lessons have been learned. Below are 5 things we learned from the Champions League:

1 Messi Is Everything: From telling Barcelona fans at the Camp Nou to stop whistling Coutinho to putting the referee under control and from scoring magical goals to creating play, Messi is everything as he is a magician, scorer, creator, and leader.

2 Liverpool Are Overhyped: Liverpool are a good team but they are not great. To be a great team, you must win trophies yet Liverpool have no trophies in decades. They constantly get close but they lose all. Their players are overhyped as well. If you have not faced Messi the way Pique and Co have faced Ronaldo, you should be humble.

3 Premiership Is Behind La Liga: There were four Premiership teams in the quarter finals but none will be in the final as Barcelona are poised to eliminate Liverpool and Ajax are to do the same to Tottenham. From Barcelona serving up a masterclass against Manchester United to winning Liverpool by 3 goals to nil, La Liga proves better than the Premiership.

4 Messi To Win Ballon d'Or: It is Messi turn to win the Ballon d'Or this season. And even if he doesn't win the Champions League, he has done enough this season to win it.
[b]
5 Barcelona Are Effective: [/b]Barcelona are without a loss this season in the Champions League and this proves their effectiveness.

Oga, you've to come back and rewrite this to 10 things we learned in the champions league

2 Likes

Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by 9iceprince(m): 11:56pm On May 07, 2019
osazsky:
everyone denying Liverpool cuz they are going trophy less this season after spending more than 200m,give wolves 200 m to spend and see if they wouldn't lift d EPL,spits on kloop,floppy,spits on losserpool,ynwa fans should just hide their faces in shame and be compelled to take an oath,like the Muslim thread before been allowed to comment on any football thread,nonsence,op kudos
huuuuuuuuu.... eat ur words

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by cr7lomo: 12:18am On May 08, 2019
Anndrew:
mumu..we are talking of individual award overall achievement both club and country...all d same Lionel messi s d GOAT

Goat wey no fit chop grass for anfield grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by Nobody: 1:40am On May 08, 2019
highcollide:
Foolish opinion. It is actually Barcelona that is overhyped without messi. Take away messi what you have is alaves.

Liverpool have lost just one league match this season, they have more points in their league than Barcelona have at la liga. They haven't lost at home in 2 years....

Yesterday, the match was 50:50...Liverpool had more possession, more shots more than Barcelona...Messi was the difference. If messi was injured or salah and mane buried their chances, would you be typing this nonsense today?

Seun should do something so that nairalanders can be able to delete foolish threads by themselves.
I remember when I made this comment. I forgot to ask the barkadogs if they had what it takes to play at anfield.
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mide419: 9:31am On May 08, 2019
Oluwaseyi00:

Arguing with you will be insulting to my repute..

Kids..

Elder sir.

Do you have more comments
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 5:58am On May 10, 2019
maybachmusic:

yea, even when they almost raped liverpool till the final whistle

yea nothing special

na dembele give una the small mouth wey una get

cause a 4 or 5-0 win wonder what u all would be singing undecided undecided
How far
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 6:00am On May 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

The special thing there was that Barcelona scored 3 and Liverpool didn't score. Isn't that special enough?
Just see how ordinary ur team was
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 6:09am On May 10, 2019
maxwell530:
let me resolve this issue with you all that has been shouting sneidjer and Iniesta names ever since. Bro I'm firmly telling you right now that Lionel Messi truly deserves the 2010 award. This award is individual award for God sake and no player performed better than Lionel Messi that year, he was the highest goalscorer in La Liga (34) the highest in champions league 8,Copa Del Rey (1) club world cup (2) super Copa(1).he scored total of 47 goals that season. So you want to overlook all this individual stats because sneidjer win ucl/trebles?
If you think Messi didn't deserve 2010 award, that means Ronaldo didn't deserve 2013 too cuz he didn't win La liga nor ucl but he won ucl highest goalscorer with 12 goals,he didn't even score more than Messi in the league. Arjen Robben and Frank Ribery won trebles but none performed individually than Ronaldo.

I normally don't do this comparison btw this 2 legends but you guys won't just stop comparing and downgrade one just because you love another. I have said it in my early post, only when you watch this 2 greats with open mind can you appreciate what football is all about.
Even in the wc he had how many goals that year?
I will argue this matter pa,
He doesn't deserve it customers he Neva ucl or champions League that year, you were just saying goals, what or cr7, last year in ucl, he didn't even win the player of ucl, messi was always favoured, I tell you.
Messi is a better player than cr7 anytime any day , but that 2010 was a No, did he even score in that world cup at all, Bros leave shit, sneidjer really tried that year I beg
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 6:10am On May 10, 2019
maxwell530:
let me resolve this issue with you all that has been shouting sneidjer and Iniesta names ever since. Bro I'm firmly telling you right now that Lionel Messi truly deserves the 2010 award. This award is individual award for God sake and no player performed better than Lionel Messi that year, he was the highest goalscorer in La Liga (34) the highest in champions league 8,Copa Del Rey (1) club world cup (2) super Copa(1).he scored total of 47 goals that season. So you want to overlook all this individual stats because sneidjer win ucl/trebles?
If you think Messi didn't deserve 2010 award, that means Ronaldo didn't deserve 2013 too cuz he didn't win La liga nor ucl but he won ucl highest goalscorer with 12 goals,he didn't even score more than Messi in the league. Arjen Robben and Frank Ribery won trebles but none performed individually than Ronaldo.

I normally don't do this comparison btw this 2 legends but you guys won't just stop comparing and downgrade one just because you love another. I have said it in my early post, only when you watch this 2 greats with open mind can you appreciate what football is all about.
Zidane , Figo and Co how many goals them score before given the award, r9 only came to play in the wc 2002 , and won it , what are we saying here ,
He Neva deserved it
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by maxwell530(m): 6:27am On May 10, 2019
mixta140:

Even in the wc he had how many goals that year?
I will argue this matter pa,
He doesn't deserve it customers he Neva ucl or champions League that year, you were just saying goals, what or cr7, last year in ucl, he didn't even win the player of ucl, messi was always favoured, I tell you.
Messi is a better player than cr7 anytime any day , but that 2010 was a No, did he even score in that world cup at all, Bros leave shit, sneidjer really tried that year I beg
what about 2013 then? Who deserves it in 2013?
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by maxwell530(m): 6:46am On May 10, 2019
mixta140:

Zidane , Figo and Co how many goals them score before given the award, r9 only came to play in the wc 2002 , and won it , what are we saying here ,
He Neva deserved it
even a goalkeeper has won it the past. But how many midfielders has won it in recent years ? I mean in the era of Ronaldo/messi. You think Iniesta wouldn't have won Atleast one in the era of zidane, figo and the likes? Ronaldo changed the structure and criterion for the award in 2008 and I believe he's changed it forever.
The award is more like a golden boot award now. Why do you think the Final 3 nominees in the last decade has always been attackers except Neur in 2014? Today you hear alot of people saying Hazard don't stand a chance because he doesn't score much. Why do you think Mbappe is being tipped ahead of Hazard already? Most Messi and Ronaldo fans frowned at modric award and believes he doesn't deserve it more than Ronaldo,what exactly is their reason if not Goals?
If you believe Messi didn't deserve it 2010,how did Ronaldo deserve it in 2013 ahead of Ribery, Robben?
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 7:45am On May 10, 2019
maxwell530:
even a goalkeeper has won it the past. But how many midfielders has won it in recent years ? I mean in the era of Ronaldo/messi. You think Iniesta wouldn't have won Atleast one in the era of zidane, figo and the likes? Ronaldo changed the structure and criterion for the award in 2008 and I believe he's changed it forever.
The award is more like a golden boot award now. Why do you think the Final 3 nominees in the last decade has always been attackers except Neur in 2014? Today you hear alot of people saying Hazard don't stand a chance because he doesn't score much. Why do you think Mbappe is being tipped ahead of Hazard already? Most Messi and Ronaldo fans frowned at modric award and believes he doesn't deserve it more than Ronaldo,what exactly is their reason if not Goals?
If you believe Messi didn't deserve it 2010,how did Ronaldo deserve it in 2013 ahead of Ribery, Robben?
How come modric did the last
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 7:48am On May 10, 2019
maxwell530:
what about 2013 then? Who deserves it in 2013?
What happened
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by ImaIma1(f): 8:23am On May 10, 2019
mixta140:

Just see how ordinary ur team was

None of them is my team. It was just a fact and observation
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 9:06am On May 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

None of them is my team. It was just a fact and observation
Thathe ain't fact
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by maxwell530(m): 9:10am On May 10, 2019
mixta140:

How come modric did the last
if you can't comprehend what I'm saying, don't quote me again.
Bye
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by ImaIma1(f): 9:16am On May 10, 2019
mixta140:

Thathe ain't fact

Did Liverpool score? No

How many did Barca score? 3

They both created chances and one team converted the chances to goals.

Do the math. Barcelona was a better team for that match.
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by maxwell530(m): 9:18am On May 10, 2019
mixta140:

What happened
Robben won the trebles with Bayern with style (abi you have forgotten how they beat Barça 7:0 on agg in semi final?)

Barça won La Liga
Messi won Golden Shoe

But Ronaldo won Balon d'Or because he won Copa Del Rey

if you still don't know what happened in 2013. Don't Quote me again.

Bye.
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 9:33am On May 10, 2019
maxwell530:
Robben won the trebles with Bayern with style (abi you have forgotten how they beat Barça 7:0 on agg in semi final?)

Barça won La Liga
Messi won Golden Shoe

But Ronaldo won Balon d'Or because he won Copa Del Rey

if you still don't know what happened in 2013. Don't Quote me again.

Bye.
Same to him too, then he doesn't deserve it too.
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 9:33am On May 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

Did Liverpool score? No

I disagree,
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 9:34am On May 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

Did Liverpool score? No

When barca played Chelsea then in the Champions league, barca played better Chelsea won,,,
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 9:36am On May 10, 2019
maxwell530:
if you can't comprehend what I'm saying, don't quote me again.
Bye
You Don vex, if una Wan dabaru something the next thing is you can't comprehend, what's there to comprehend.
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by ImaIma1(f): 9:58am On May 10, 2019
mixta140:

When barca played Chelsea then in the Champions league, barca played better Chelsea won,,,

We are talking about the Barca and Liverpool 1st leg match. Besides, a team supposedly playing better is inconsequential when they lose the game, especially when they concede three goals and score none.

Even if they played better, their mistakes or inability to make use of their chances already made them lesser team.
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by ImaIma1(f): 9:58am On May 10, 2019
mixta140:

I disagree,

It is allowed
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 10:15am On May 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

We are talking about the Barca and Liverpool 1st leg match. Besides, a team supposedly playing better is inconsequential when they lose the game, especially when they concede three goals and score none.

Even if they played better, their mistakes or inability to make use of their chances already made the lesser team.
I get
Re: 5 Things We Learned From The Champions League. by mixta140: 10:16am On May 10, 2019
ImaIma1:

It is allowed
Smiles

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ranking Every Nigerian Who Chose To Play For England's Three Lions / Lionel Messi Is Set To Return To Barcelona (video) / Somalia Produces Worst Athlete In The History Of The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.