Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics (26591 Views)

Railway: Amaechi Accuses Chinese Firm Of Breaching Contract / Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi Inspects Apapa Port, Ebute-Metta Construction Site / Lagos Ibadan Railway. Amaechi On A Train Ride To Abeokuta On New Coaches. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by 9jaArea: 1:34pm On May 02, 2019
This project will be fully delivered by the end of the year
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by FhukaFhuka: 1:35pm On May 02, 2019
mybestlove:
Scam
.... Who scammed you ? Ameachi or China that failed to stick to schedule

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 02, 2019
AutoReportNG:
All eyes are on the minister of transportation, Mr. Rotimi Ameachi if he will prove his word on the Lagos-Ibadan Railway on the May delivery date. According to The Punch Newspapers...

The Federal Government has asked the Chinese Railway Rolling stock Corporation Qishuyan, the firm in charge of the construction of locomotives for Nigeria, to speed up its work, as the tracks of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line where the locomotives are to be deployed will be ready soon.

According to the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, a significant section of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line is scheduled for completion by the end of May or the first week in June.

Amaechi, who disclosed this when he led a delegation from Nigeria on an inspection tour of the CRRC in China, stated that Nigeria needed the locomotives before the completion of work on the rail line by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation.

The minister was quoted in a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday by the Federal Ministry of Transportation as saying, “Make it faster to construct these locomotives because we need them now.

“By end of May and first week in June, CCECC would have completed work on the tracks. What this visit has shown is that there is neither locomotives nor coaches that are ready. So if you speed up the process, we will be grateful.”

The Managing Director, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Fidel Okhiria, said the designs for the locomotives had been completed and CRRC had started making the components.

He said, “We are expecting four motorcades for the Diesel Multiple Units, eight locomotives for passengers and seven other locomotives for freight. Eight coaches with two motorcade form a set, while the passenger coaches are independent.

“The engines we are expecting are going to be more modern and encased so that the technicians can work whether rain or shine.”

The General Manager, CRRC Qishuyan Co., Ltd, Xu Shibao, said his firm would do its best for the training and after-sales service in Nigeria.

Shibao told the Nigerian delegation that the company would further contribute to the development of Nigeria’s railway.

This is not the first times the delivery date for the Lagos-Ibadan Railway has been shifted. The minister as at last year said the railway will be completed before February of which was shifted to May again. It will be interesting to see how this will pay out.

Meanwhile, the Lagos - Ibadan Railway has 21 bridges with a total of 178 spans. 712 precast T-beams are required for the bridges. As at 17 April 2019., the last T-beam for this project was laid.

AutoReportNG got some exclusives images of the minister and hos entourage when they visited the Chinese Railway Rolling stock Corporation Qishuyan in China some few weeks backs.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-Pz9CINnvDYw/XMq_KASmUJI/AAAAAAAAbBM/sD2WtHFIzgkurgnelBjkcWc-DJBOJs4nwCLcBGAs/s1600/AQFosJS.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-lgIjZw-7jfs/XMq_KBj330I/AAAAAAAAbBI/R9cXqTUCgfob7LoPod6IUk296tSkSCBmwCLcBGAs/s1600/AS89LOO.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-2PGYV5sZJGQ/XMq_KHNSk7I/AAAAAAAAbBE/dHXOlrowaAckwY3AuvtPMKQokQ1hTclhACLcBGAs/s1600/MM7ke8z.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-snIJzuQ0v0I/XMq_LPtsXOI/AAAAAAAAbBQ/fjOlwT4ArXI5GKz0jxeKBlYc4QhxJdsrgCLcBGAs/s1600/VidBnrK.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-HdCZNluy68c/XMrEtzHDnMI/AAAAAAAAbBg/06JmBeed3GcHvMTlOruK6iPomsonE7pMgCLcBGAs/s1600/4FeYPGp.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SyBLk5UGCUQ/XMrEvPRCkMI/AAAAAAAAbBk/eWDBbAYE6n0VN6q78iP4rbjhPJO8JNOfwCLcBGAs/s1600/CfT8wO1.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/05/lagos-ibadan-railway-amaechi-in-china.html

Anyone thinking that Buhari is interested in investing in rail transport in southern Nigeria needs a new head.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 02, 2019
jayfolarin:
They may or may not appreciate ameachi in rivers. But he is definitely for me a FUTURE presidential material! I don't remember Nigeria having such an active Transportation minister in recent times

Keep FooOOOooling ya sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 02, 2019
bluecircle470:

The demon in that sector is more than ur imagination

Then Fashola should step aside

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 02, 2019
sparog:

The forces at play in our power sector is a powerful one and it will take a very bold and strong president to fix the sector

Some people are making billions from the situation right now and they will frustrate all attempt to stop them from ripping the country off.

Den Babatunde Fashola should step aside

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by plaindealer: 1:40pm On May 02, 2019
jayfolarin:
They may or may not appreciate ameachi in rivers. But he is definitely for me a FUTURE presidential material! I don't remember Nigeria having such an active Transportation minister in recent times

I'm with you.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 02, 2019
bigdot1759:
Wating for wailers

And u believe this project will be finished by buhari?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Olorunnim: 1:43pm On May 02, 2019
LOCOMOTIVE
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by plaindealer: 1:43pm On May 02, 2019
This is how excited Nigerians are about the Warri-Itakpe railway. Imagine the best and safest rout from Warri to Abuja.

1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by wiseone28: 1:46pm On May 02, 2019
As him see a country that works e no fine for him eyes?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Bellotelli: 1:47pm On May 02, 2019
bluecircle470:

The demon in that sector is more than ur imagination

That's where d biggest demons resides my brother
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by plaindealer: 1:48pm On May 02, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Then Fashola should step aside

Step aside for who? You? He achieved more than his predecessors combined.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by robosky02(m): 1:51pm On May 02, 2019
jayfolarin:

Future what

Ubima president

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by biztip: 1:54pm On May 02, 2019
every good thing in buhari govt is sketchy except poverty and hunger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by EmekaBlue(m): 1:55pm On May 02, 2019
see useless delegates he carry..like d woman on blue hijab, just to go tour china free with nothing to contribute
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Moganajoe: 2:13pm On May 02, 2019
jayfolarin:

The man is full of actions. He liberated Rivers people and its inhabitants. As a governor he stopped so many illegalities, he's the reason why non indigent has property in port Harcourt without fear. His brothers will not like him for that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by plaindealer: 2:14pm On May 02, 2019
EmekaBlue:
see useless delegates he carry..like d woman on blue hijab, just to go tour china free with nothing to contribute

Do you know her? Do you know her role and qualifications? Or you just think she's a dummy and useless member of the delegation because just because she wore hijab?

You spewed hatred and religious bigotry, not common sense.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by JakesJ(m): 2:19pm On May 02, 2019
What do u expect from a man who is surrounded by bunch of abokis, an obviously we all know that, he(amaechi) is there just because the money he wested on buhari's 2015 election, one thing is for sure, and that is, amaechi have no choice than to use the little one given to him to work in order to stay there and maybe attract a praise to him self, full stop kpam.
jayfolarin:

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 02, 2019
mmsen:

You need to stop drinking.

I'm not your dad grin
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 02, 2019
JakesJ:
What do u expect a man who is surrounded by abokis

Don't engage me with your tribal nonsense boy. Keep all that energy to yourself

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by EmekaBlue(m): 2:25pm On May 02, 2019
plaindealer:

Do you know her? Do you know her role and qualifications? Or you just think she's a dummy and useless member of the delegation because just because she wore hijab?

You spewed hatred and religious bigotry, not common sense.
i just pointed her out not bcoz of her religion but for easy recognition.

my point is most delegates are just waste of fund

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by nogragra: 2:49pm On May 02, 2019
AutoReportNG:
All eyes are on the minister of transportation, Mr. Rotimi Ameachi if he will prove his word on the Lagos-Ibadan Railway on the May delivery date. According to The Punch Newspapers...

The Federal Government has asked the Chinese Railway Rolling stock Corporation Qishuyan, the firm in charge of the construction of locomotives for Nigeria, to speed up its work, as the tracks of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line where the locomotives are to be deployed will be ready soon.

According to the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, a significant section of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line is scheduled for completion by the end of May or the first week in June.

Amaechi, who disclosed this when he led a delegation from Nigeria on an inspection tour of the CRRC in China, stated that Nigeria needed the locomotives before the completion of work on the rail line by the China Civil Engineering Construction Corporation.

The minister was quoted in a statement issued in Abuja on Tuesday by the Federal Ministry of Transportation as saying, “Make it faster to construct these locomotives because we need them now.

“By end of May and first week in June, CCECC would have completed work on the tracks. What this visit has shown is that there is neither locomotives nor coaches that are ready. So if you speed up the process, we will be grateful.”

The Managing Director, Nigerian Railway Corporation, Fidel Okhiria, said the designs for the locomotives had been completed and CRRC had started making the components.

He said, “We are expecting four motorcades for the Diesel Multiple Units, eight locomotives for passengers and seven other locomotives for freight. Eight coaches with two motorcade form a set, while the passenger coaches are independent.

“The engines we are expecting are going to be more modern and encased so that the technicians can work whether rain or shine.”

The General Manager, CRRC Qishuyan Co., Ltd, Xu Shibao, said his firm would do its best for the training and after-sales service in Nigeria.

Shibao told the Nigerian delegation that the company would further contribute to the development of Nigeria’s railway.

This is not the first times the delivery date for the Lagos-Ibadan Railway has been shifted. The minister as at last year said the railway will be completed before February of which was shifted to May again. It will be interesting to see how this will pay out.

Meanwhile, the Lagos - Ibadan Railway has 21 bridges with a total of 178 spans. 712 precast T-beams are required for the bridges. As at 17 April 2019., the last T-beam for this project was laid.

AutoReportNG got some exclusives images of the minister and hos entourage when they visited the Chinese Railway Rolling stock Corporation Qishuyan in China some few weeks backs.

[img]https://4.bp..com/-Pz9CINnvDYw/XMq_KASmUJI/AAAAAAAAbBM/sD2WtHFIzgkurgnelBjkcWc-DJBOJs4nwCLcBGAs/s1600/AQFosJS.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-lgIjZw-7jfs/XMq_KBj330I/AAAAAAAAbBI/R9cXqTUCgfob7LoPod6IUk296tSkSCBmwCLcBGAs/s1600/AS89LOO.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-2PGYV5sZJGQ/XMq_KHNSk7I/AAAAAAAAbBE/dHXOlrowaAckwY3AuvtPMKQokQ1hTclhACLcBGAs/s1600/MM7ke8z.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-snIJzuQ0v0I/XMq_LPtsXOI/AAAAAAAAbBQ/fjOlwT4ArXI5GKz0jxeKBlYc4QhxJdsrgCLcBGAs/s1600/VidBnrK.jpg[/img]

[img]https://3.bp..com/-HdCZNluy68c/XMrEtzHDnMI/AAAAAAAAbBg/06JmBeed3GcHvMTlOruK6iPomsonE7pMgCLcBGAs/s1600/4FeYPGp.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SyBLk5UGCUQ/XMrEvPRCkMI/AAAAAAAAbBk/eWDBbAYE6n0VN6q78iP4rbjhPJO8JNOfwCLcBGAs/s1600/CfT8wO1.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/05/lagos-ibadan-railway-amaechi-in-china.html

How many Nigerian engineers are training to take over from the Chinese? Rudderless country where people don't know how to Hearn money the hard way only spending easy free money. no wonder everything is a waste and outright nonchalance to our collective progress and humanity.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by plaindealer: 2:49pm On May 02, 2019
EmekaBlue:
i just pointed her out not bcoz of her religion but for easy recognition.

...still because she wore hijab according to you, only religious bigots pay attention to such trivialities.

my point is most delegates are just waste of fund

You can not say they a waste of fund because you don't know anything about the delegation the members, their qualifications, their specialization and what they bring to the table. I know people like you, you reason based on religious bigotry and hatred.

The Topic is railway, not religious bigotry or how to recognize people based on their choice of clothing.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Mace0lane: 2:51pm On May 02, 2019
Fashola already had 4 years what is your next excuse ?

Debaiz:

It’s not possible in a year

You don’t build power plants in a year and you don’t redraft useless non performing contracts in a year. It takes years to build no matter your level of commitment.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by plaindealer: 3:13pm On May 02, 2019
nogragra:

How many Nigerian engineers are training to take over from the Chinese? Rudderless country where people don't know how to Hearn money the hard way only spending easy free money. no wonder everything is a waste and outright nonchalance to our collective progress and humanity.

With China's Help, Nigeria Builds a Vital Rail Artery - Engineering

Apr 17, 2019 - Among them are 180 Nigerian engineers and 100 Chinese engineers. ... CCECC's practice of hiring and training an almost totally Nigerian

https://www.enr.com/articles/46723-with-chinas-help-nigeria-builds-a-vital-rail-artery

You are wrong because there are almost 200 Nigerian engineers working with CCECC on our rail projects and many more are being trained in China and Nigeria.

You people can do better than going from thread to thread to spread false info, to hate and put Nigeria down.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by plaindealer: 3:21pm On May 02, 2019
Mace0lane:
Fashola already had 4 years what is your next excuse ?

4 years for what? What's his Job? Do you even know?

Fashola/FG are regulators, not energy providers and producers. Past admin privatized electricity and handed over the power infrastructures to their cronies with little or no knowledge about electricity generation or money to invest and build power plants with.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Railway: Amaechi In China As May Delivery Date Still Sketchy - Pics by Ewedegubbler: 3:22pm On May 02, 2019
Amaechi 2023 loading..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Absent As His Wife, Aisha Launches Book In Aso Rock / Protesters In Kaduna Demand The Release Of Kidnapped Train Passengers (Video) / Gunshots At APC Secretariat In Port-Harcourt As Thugs Clash. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.