Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,574 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Teaching Kids About Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teaching Kids About Money (532 Views)

Lady Blasted For Teaching Nigerian Women How To Lock Cheating Husbands In Bottle / Teaching Kids How To Play Traditional Gospel Music. What Do You Think? (video) / How To Talk To Your Kids About: Online Safety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Kids About Money by bartz025(m): 11:43am On May 02, 2019
Teaching your child about money management is a very necessary role you have to play as a parent. If you don't teach your kids how to manage money, somebody else will. And I am pretty sure, that isn't a risk you'd like to take!
We'll preview some outlines on how to give your kids the head-start you wish, and set them up to win against money at any age.

USING A JAR TO SAVE
Piggy bank is an important idea, but it doesn't provide your kids with the "visual" . When you use a clear jar, they see the money growing. Day before yesterday they Had N100 note; Today, it has risen to N200! Talk about it with them, let them know the importance of saving.

SET AN EXAMPLE
A study found out that money habits in your kids are formed at the time they are six-seven years old. Little eyes are watching you; if you are "slapping down plastic every time you go out to dinner or super market, they would notice. Set a healthy example for them and they'll follow that.

STUFFS COSTS MONEY
You've got to do much more than just; "TALK" "That Pack of creative toys costs N6,000 son" Help them grab a few money out of the jar, take it with them to store, and physically, hand the money to the cashier. It'll have a good impact in them.

GIVE THEM A BANK ACCOUNT RESPONSIBILITY
By the time your kid is a teenager, you should know, you're too set them up with a bank account, ("like me I opened a bank account at the age of 17��" "my parent's are good"wink it helps them in knowing how well they are to make use of money.

There are so many other ways in which you can teach your kids about money, but we'll list the other ways, down here;

• Show Opportunity Costs
• Give commissions and not allowances
• Avoid impulse buys
• Stress the necessity to give
• Let them be "Contented"
• "Stay Clear of loans"
• Help them on how to make money

Well if you do all of this, you're likely to have a great parenthood.

Thanks for reading and please share

[url]newsy.com.ng/2019/05/teaching-kids-about-money.html?m=1[/url]

1 Like

Re: Teaching Kids About Money by czarina(f): 11:52am On May 02, 2019
Beautiful!

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Kids About Money by Colonelswitz101(m): 11:58am On May 02, 2019
Wow I am definitely giving this a try

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Kids About Money by Greentipsng: 12:06pm On May 02, 2019
This is a dime piece

1 Like

Re: Teaching Kids About Money by bartz025(m): 12:11pm On May 02, 2019
czarina:
Beautiful!
smiley thank you, please share

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Teaching Kids About Money by bartz025(m): 12:12pm On May 02, 2019
Colonelswitz101:
Wow I am definitely giving this a try
would definitely work out, smiley please share

(1) (Reply)

SOLD / Get Free Access To All Videos On Lynda.com( Premium Membership Here) / Ielts, Toefl, Gre, Pte, Sat & Cgfns Exams In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.