Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,014 members, 7,838,553 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. (31262 Views)

Soldier Fighting A Traffic Policeman Who Deflated His Car Tyre For Parking Wrong / Man Drugs A Policeman Who Tried To Extort N150k From Him (Photos) / Sergeant Lanre Sanusi Killed (Policeman Who Tracked & Arrested Evans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 02, 2019
angry
Rest in peace honourable officer. As for all those whose acts of commission or ommision contribute to your demise, may they never have rest. God grant your family the fortitude to bear this lost

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by samtiyelov1(m): 4:29pm On May 02, 2019
Another beautiful flower has just been trampled upon! RIP Gallant Officer.

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Icetech: 4:29pm On May 02, 2019
Rest On, Gallant officer.

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 02, 2019
RIP
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by bestman09(m): 4:30pm On May 02, 2019
T
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by jos123SAM: 4:31pm On May 02, 2019
rest in perfect peace bros, we've lost another gallant man.

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by umarshehu58(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2019
What is he doing in NPF with his business orientation like this?

Na wao

RIP

2 Likes

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by bolinjkezzy(m): 4:31pm On May 02, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Take whatever you can from your life because when life starts taking from you, it takes even your last breath.

He lived a short but fulfilled life. He made impact.

Richdad
Well said
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 02, 2019
may any known or unknown sins be forgiven as he rests in peace IJN
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by SirLakes: 4:35pm On May 02, 2019
I'll rather die of hunger than join Naija police

I can not come and go and die for a shitty country like this
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by BENEAMATA: 4:35pm On May 02, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

Mtcheeewwwww!

angry
NotBeenPaid:

Mtcheeewwwww!

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by gidjah(m): 4:38pm On May 02, 2019
21 gun salute toba gallant gazzette !

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Yoighaman(m): 4:38pm On May 02, 2019
May his soul RIP.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Wiseandtrue(f): 4:42pm On May 02, 2019
ediko5:
Sergeant Okon George Was a Dedicated Nigerian Police Officer Who Served At The Ebonyi State Police Command Headquarters Abakaliki.

Unlike numerous Nigerian police officers who engage in dirty acts to get extra income, SGT Okon George was a unique police officer.

We met via Facebook in 2014 when he introduced me to recharge card printing business. We later met at the Zone 6 police headquarters Calabar when he came for a special assignment later in 2014. This guy is so innovative, his discussions were always business and entrepreneurial oriented.

I really knew this great officer when i was posted to Abakaliki in 2015 for my National Youth Service. He was so hospitable, we organized a business seminar together where he taught people about mini online importation, recharge card printing, online marketing etc.

He was an ardent crypto-currency investor and analyst. He introduced me to Crypto-currency and used 2 days to educate me about Crypto-currency back then in Calabar.

He's served in Maidugri, Borno state twice when Boko Haram war was very hot.

Sqt Okon George was shot dead last month in Benue state where he was posted to amongst other officers to maintain law and order in the war zone.

He was an active Nairalander.

He left Behind a wife and 2 children.

His Nairaland Moniker OkonGeorge (https://www.nairaland.com/okongeorge)

Rest In Peace Geokonnet.
When your oga hates you, he will just send you to face bokoharam

Rip to his kind soul

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by BENEAMATA: 4:42pm On May 02, 2019
RIP George Okon . God be with the family he left behind .
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by MKULTRA: 4:43pm On May 02, 2019
It has been so worst that having him affiliated to being a policeman

I feel no sorry for him whether he was a good man or bad man.

DAMN!!!
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by davillian(m): 4:43pm On May 02, 2019
Tunmmyzhe:
First time I heard about a serious police officer.

Is a pity he died

RIP sir
The good die young
The bad police officers no de get die

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by kroy(m): 4:44pm On May 02, 2019
The last time I spoke with Okon, I asked him when he will resigned from the force because you were a good entrepreneur but he told me soon. I wished you had. RIP

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by kikake: 4:45pm On May 02, 2019
Dying For Nigeria?

Not nowadays.

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Akanoaaa(m): 4:47pm On May 02, 2019
Rest In Peace Okon

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by okewumi: 4:47pm On May 02, 2019
He is a nairaland. May his soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by malvisguy212: 4:48pm On May 02, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Take whatever you can from your life because when life starts taking from you, it takes even your last breath.

He lived a short but fulfilled life. He made impact. Some may mock him for being in the Force but a man must die anyway. Be it long from now or sooner, what matters is the name you left behind.

Richdad
bro. good to know you are still here. I thought you've left nairaland. have a blissful weekend .

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by bishopkay: 4:49pm On May 02, 2019
I hate Nigerian policemen but if all I read up there about this gentle man is true, I wish him rest in the bosom of the Lord.

God bless you officer Okon but unfortunately, Nigeria isn't a country to die for. Watch them delay his gratuity and other emolents due the wife now SMH

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Bar1941(m): 4:49pm On May 02, 2019
" We later met at the Zone 6 police headquarters Calabar when he came for a special assignment later in 2014. This guy is so innovative, his discussions were always business and entrepreneurial oriented.
I really knew this great officer when i was posted to Abakaliki in 2015 for my National Youth Service"

Why are you confused with the time you guys met @ op? Moreover if the guy was that innovative, what was he doing with that dirty Nigerian Police? May his soul rip.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:50pm On May 02, 2019
Served in Borno twice,, met his waterloo in Benue. Dey mean am 4 dis officer ooo
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by sylve11: 4:52pm On May 02, 2019
Journey well, George. sad cool
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Sakamaje: 4:54pm On May 02, 2019
Rip cry . This hit close to home.

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by GreatResearcher: 4:57pm On May 02, 2019
ediko5:
Seun and Lalasticlala please give this guy a singular honour.
someone was alive you didn't give him a plural honor. He's dead you wanna give him a singular honor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Free 42-Year-Old Yobe Rapist Who Raped 7-Year-Old Girl / How Do I Track A Person's Location Using A Phone Number / NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine Concealed In Tins At Lagos Airport (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.