Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,240 members, 7,836,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. (31254 Views)

Soldier Fighting A Traffic Policeman Who Deflated His Car Tyre For Parking Wrong / Man Drugs A Policeman Who Tried To Extort N150k From Him (Photos) / Sergeant Lanre Sanusi Killed (Policeman Who Tracked & Arrested Evans) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Resurgent2016: 4:58pm On May 02, 2019
oluseyiforjesus:
Is Nigeria worth dying for??

He shouldn't have joined NPF he should hv started his own empire.
I believe he would hv made it greater.

RIP sir u ve just joined the millions of up utilized talents in the grave.

My thoughts exactly, he seemed like a man with a sharp man, why waste it with the police force
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by GreatResearcher: 5:00pm On May 02, 2019
Bar1941:
" We later met at the Zone 6 police headquarters Calabar when he came for a special assignment later in 2014. This guy is so innovative, his discussions were always business and entrepreneurial oriented.
I really knew this great officer when i was posted to Abakaliki in 2015 for my National Youth Service"

Why are you confused with the time you guys met @ op? Moreover if the guy was that innovative, what was he doing with that dirty Nigerian Police? May his soul rip.

There's a difference between "met" and "knew".

Met 2014, knew 2015
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Oguieke(m): 5:00pm On May 02, 2019
arijana fridaus may he get.

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Emperor2463(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2019
Somebody wey e be say non of him post don reach FP once, now nairaland dey push him death post go FP like say dem show am love when he was alive
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by 15ssDRIVE(m): 5:07pm On May 02, 2019
Oga Seun,
If you no dey go marriage,you no Dey go birthday,you no go hon burial again?

Pay your last respect.......

RIP gallant office ... great Mumsy and Popsy.

Tell them I am a change man now ...... good guy to the call.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by tixo: 5:18pm On May 02, 2019
This young man was among the few that would have changed the narrative of our dwindling and corrupt system. The police HR must have seen this but rather choose to waste him. RIP bro, nairalanders are proud of you. That change will surely come. We lost a man but his mind lives on. Naija will be great again!

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Boyooosa(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2019
Sad
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by momove4real25(f): 5:42pm On May 02, 2019
May his soul find peace
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by stagger: 5:52pm On May 02, 2019
As long as he was not a bribe taker or an exortionist like many of his mofo colleagues, we can say RIP brother. Sad, because once more the pendulum swings even more to the direction of the evil ones, with the passage of one more good officer.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by yayankainuwa: 5:55pm On May 02, 2019
Ewedegubbler:
he died for nothing.. why didn't he quit the useless Fulani force and focus on his business endeavors?
He died as a hero, he died depending the weak and saving lives, he never died as a coward, may his soul rest in peace. His name will forever be remembered.
You can mock d dead, as much as you like, but one funny thing is u don't know how and when u will die.....
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Ruddyman(m): 6:05pm On May 02, 2019
RIP..,BRO
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by MrOfficer(m): 6:06pm On May 02, 2019
He was a fine officer cry

Rest on comrade.

1 Like

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Teejay13(m): 6:59pm On May 02, 2019
May his soul rest in Peace
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Bar1941(m): 7:14pm On May 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:

There's a difference between "met" and "knew".

Met 2014, knew 2015

Really?
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Brightest04(m): 7:29pm On May 02, 2019
As a member of the house I pray may his soul find peace in the world beyond, and grant his family the fortitude to bear his death.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Georgekyrian(m): 7:42pm On May 02, 2019
RIP Bro
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by ediko5(m): 7:46pm On May 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:
someone was alive you didn't give him a plural honor. He's dead you wanna give him a singular honor.

Na you sabi oooo.
Go through my Nairaland account, i have made 2 posts about him.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:58pm On May 02, 2019
My Respect Serge

Sleep well

Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by noruwasman(m): 8:26pm On May 02, 2019
Richdad50:
shocked

Take whatever you can from your life because when life starts taking from you, it takes even your last breath.

He lived a short but fulfilled life. He made impact, a warrior and courageous man. Some may mock him for being in the Force but a man must die anyway. Be it long from now or sooner than later, what matters is the name you left behind.

Richdad

Been a while man
it seams you took some break
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by ugofulfilled(m): 8:31pm On May 02, 2019
Father you have been scarce... I have been on the lookout for your wisdom here on Nairaland... How are you doing?

Richdad50:
shocked

Take whatever you can from your life because when life starts taking from you, it takes even your last breath.

He lived a short but fulfilled life. He made impact, a warrior and courageous man. Some may mock him for being in the Force but a man must die anyway. Be it long from now or sooner than later, what matters is the name you left behind.

Richdad
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by GreatResearcher: 8:52pm On May 02, 2019
ediko5:

Na you sabi oooo. Go through my Nairaland account, i have made 2 posts about him.
Sorry man
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by slystyle203(m): 8:56pm On May 02, 2019
i strongly believe that he will be turning in his grave if people continue saying "he died for nigeria" next he starts slapping them
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by GreatResearcher: 8:57pm On May 02, 2019
Bar1941:

Really?

Examples:

1. I 'met' Jennifer at a club in 2014.

2. I 'knew' Jennifer was a LovePeddler after my first sex experience with her in 2015.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by vicadex07(m): 9:55pm On May 02, 2019
ediko5:
Sergeant Okon George Was a Dedicated Nigerian Police Officer Who Served At The Ebonyi State Police Command Headquarters Abakaliki.

Unlike numerous Nigerian police officers who engage in dirty acts to get extra income, SGT Okon George was a unique police officer.

We met via Facebook in 2014 when he introduced me to recharge card printing business. We later met at the Zone 6 police headquarters Calabar when he came for a special assignment later in 2014. This guy is so innovative, his discussions were always business and entrepreneurial oriented.

I really knew this great officer when i was posted to Abakaliki in 2015 for my National Youth Service. He was so hospitable, we organized a business seminar together where he taught people about mini online importation, recharge card printing, online marketing etc.

He was an ardent crypto-currency investor and analyst. He introduced me to Crypto-currency and used 2 days to educate me about Crypto-currency back then in Calabar.

He's served in Maidugri, Borno state twice when Boko Haram war was very hot.

Sqt Okon George was shot dead last month in Benue state where he was posted to amongst other officers to maintain law and order in the war zone.

He was an active Nairalander.

He left Behind a wife and 2 children.

His Nairaland Moniker OkonGeorge (https://www.nairaland.com/okongeorge)

Rest In Peace Geokonnet.

Why do good people die easily
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by Bar1941(m): 10:00pm On May 02, 2019
GreatResearcher:

Examples:

1. I 'met' Jennifer at a club in 2014.

2. I 'knew' Jennifer was a LovePeddler after my first sex experience with her in 2015.

My friend, stop using those verbs out of context, when you met someone you know that person from that moment ( though you may not know much about such person then, even after years of interactions with a person you may not have absolute knowledge about that person, you continue to know and know more about the person but the fact remains you know someone when you meet someone). I woun't drag it further pls.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by maasoap(m): 10:15pm On May 02, 2019
With his abundant gifts, talent, knowledge and skills, what was he doing in the business of policing? If it was his passion, he should have forgotten about that passion.
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by luluosas(m): 10:52pm On May 02, 2019
My condolences to the bereaved family
Re: Eulogy To Sergeant Okon George, Policeman Who Died For Nigeria. by MarieSucre(f): 11:03pm On May 02, 2019
May his soul rest in peace. I'm sure he left behind family and friends who loved him an really missed him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NDLEA Arrests 7 Drug Dealers, Records Largest Cocaine Seizure At Rivers Airport / NDLEA Intercepts Cocaine Concealed In Tins At Lagos Airport (Photo) / Police Free 42-Year-Old Yobe Rapist Who Raped 7-Year-Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.