Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

The Galaxy A Series! - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Galaxy A Series! (184223 Views)

Which Is Better: S Or A Series Of Samsung? / Samsung’s Foldable Phone Is The Galaxy Fold, Starting At N714,780 / The Galaxy F, Samsung Foldable Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Tiger2020(m): 10:23am On Jun 24, 2019
okikiosibodu:

You can try these links out
https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a70-9646.php
And
https://m.gadgetsnow.com/mobile-phones/Samsung-Galaxy-A70
i need review from people who has used it in this thread
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Tiger2020(m): 11:16am On Jun 24, 2019
Someone gave this review on gsmarena ,i don't know if its true or lie because with this review then the phone is a crap.

"The only pro thing on this phone is the screen and that's it. Besides that everything is hot air. The antutu score is not 170.000 but 168.001 ish no matter what settings, there are some bugs in the software, even with the 1 may update that allegedly fixed fingerprint and camera. The fingerprint is still ~70% working, even with registering the same finger 3 times.

The camera is the worst problem of this phone, as i have read that well it's not that good. But boy, was i surprised. The camera on my j7 2016 is better than this camera by a landslide. The detail is nowhere near that of the j7.
It's just bad. Pro mode can't use the flash, normal mode can't use the flash, it`s just auto or off. (All you need to do is use the camera in 12mpx and you get the mighty force flash, you just need to forfeit 12 mpx, ARE YOU STUPID??) And wow does this camera overexpose! You can fool the camera by putting your hand in front of it to force the flash, but that's no way to make pictures. I tried the google camera app and the pictures are better so it can do more in theory. But how is it possible that the pictures that the gcam gets out, that are locked for 8mpx are better than the pictures the camera app does, at 32mpx. There is no contest, the difference is in your face. wow, it's there, short range, long range, the pictures are faded and soft with the phone camera app.
To use video in wide mode you need to first go to picture mode, select wide, then go to video and start recording, which is obviously a bug. You can't use flash in wide mode, and also the wide mode has no auto focus, you just press the button and it snaps a picture.
I returned the phone. Besides the screen that is the ONLY pro here, you get multiple cons, bad camera software, plastic back, plastic frame, bad speaker sound, poor vibration, and a BIG price. And the battery is rated for at least 4400, everything over that is not guaranteed. This phone will be worth the money after a 30 to 45% price drop, until then, look elsewhere"

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by agent9(m): 12:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
Which one is better and in what ways?

Samsung A20 or Infinix S4
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by adibo(m): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2019
Tiger2020:
Someone gave this review on gsmarena ,i don't know if its true or lie because with this review then the phone is a crap.

"The only pro thing on this phone is the screen and that's it. Besides that everything is hot air. The antutu score is not 170.000 but 168.001 ish no matter what settings, there are some bugs in the software, even with the 1 may update that allegedly fixed fingerprint and camera. The fingerprint is still ~70% working, even with registering the same finger 3 times.

The camera is the worst problem of this phone, as i have read that well it's not that good. But boy, was i surprised. The camera on my j7 2016 is better than this camera by a landslide. The detail is nowhere near that of the j7.
It's just bad. Pro mode can't use the flash, normal mode can't use the flash, it`s just auto or off. (All you need to do is use the camera in 12mpx and you get the mighty force flash, you just need to forfeit 12 mpx, ARE YOU STUPID??) And wow does this camera overexpose! You can fool the camera by putting your hand in front of it to force the flash, but that's no way to make pictures. I tried the google camera app and the pictures are better so it can do more in theory. But how is it possible that the pictures that the gcam gets out, that are locked for 8mpx are better than the pictures the camera app does, at 32mpx. There is no contest, the difference is in your face. wow, it's there, short range, long range, the pictures are faded and soft with the phone camera app.
To use video in wide mode you need to first go to picture mode, select wide, then go to video and start recording, which is obviously a bug. You can't use flash in wide mode, and also the wide mode has no auto focus, you just press the button and it snaps a picture.
I returned the phone. Besides the screen that is the ONLY pro here, you get multiple cons, bad camera software, plastic back, plastic frame, bad speaker sound, poor vibration, and a BIG price. And the battery is rated for at least 4400, everything over that is not guaranteed. This phone will be worth the money after a 30 to 45% price drop, until then, look elsewhere"
I doubt this review
I use the a20 and it is perfect, so I dnt expect anything else from this one
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Rayd502(m): 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2019
zamanii:

Like all phones with different model numbers, the difference between the model numbers is majorly based on modem and baseband. The modem for the Nigerian and African market is the A205F/DS.

You could buy another model number and face difficulties in browsing because the bands on them are not compatible with that of Nigeria

Mine is SM-A305F/DS

A30.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Mizik(m): 2:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
Tiger2020:

sighs.
Please just disregard this!
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Charlieluvboy(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2019
Pls does the Samsung Galaxy A30 supports Glo 4g band.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by agent9(m): 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2019
adibo:

I doubt this review
I use the a20 and it is perfect, so I dnt expect anything else from this one

And how is the battery life and general performance so far?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2019
Charlieluvboy:
Pls does the Samsung Galaxy A30 supports Glo 4g band.
It doesn't support band 28 (glo's official 4g bandl, but glo is presently test running band 3, which the A series supports. Int a matter of time, you will be able to enjoy glo's 4g nationwide. But i
Band 3 works in Lagos around VI, Yaba and Ogudu side
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 7:24pm On Jun 24, 2019
agent9:
Which one is better and in what ways?

Samsung A20 or Infinix S4
I was torn between this comparison, but I resolved to settle for A20. My reasons
-Samsung phones do work in developed countries. So you don't have I worry about changing your phone when you change countries
-a20 is more pocket friendly
-Samsung updates rarely have bugs and if there are, the usually release updates to fix the bugs, so you don't necessarily have to downgrade
-Samsung a20 has more functionalities uoder settings than S4, I compared the two. With a20, I can choose no to let the display reach the notch, same can't be done for S4 (I no see am)
-the Samsung phone will have more 2nd hand value when you want to sell it unlike infinix products that their prices drop drastically at a ridiculous rate (my note 3 pro I got for 74k then, I will rather give it out now than sell it cos the offers are ridiculously low.) Let me share an experienced the very first phone I got had flash charging issues (factory error) and it spent it's youthful stage mostly with calcare than with me. Summarized, it was replaced for me and I was given a brand new phone by Calcare. Thumbs up to them. That same month, note 4 was launched and I walked into slot for a phone swop. Note 4 was for 53k then. My phone stil had its nylon on it and had no single scratch. Then guy scrutinized the phone thoroughly and went through the apps, and then said he is offering 20k for the phone and that I will top the difference to get t a note 4 (me that I was expecting to collect change sef). I called his attention to it that it is a pro version, then he said 25k was the highest he could offer. I tried several other places, 25k was their offering prices, and that was around 2017.
#MyOwnOpinionsThough

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 7:27pm On Jun 24, 2019
Mizik:
lagos but we deliver anywhere
CALL OR WHATSAPP me on 07016854740
Acknowledged. I reside in Lagos too. I am not ready yet, will chat you up when I am
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
bennyblings:

It doesn't display any error messages.its just like scanning without result,although I ve used a normal phone hotspot during configuration.
Have you tried using the same Hotspot you used when setting it up?
If you ask me, I'll suggest you do a factory reset. Hand start the phone afresh. Of cause, you'll lose your files. Perhaps something was tampered with while setting up the device. The wifi is in good other and not a manufacturing issues since you uses it while setting it up.
Please update the house
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by zamanii: 8:31pm On Jun 24, 2019
Rayd502:

Mine is SM-A305F/DS
A30.
How's the A30?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Rayd502(m): 8:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
zamanii:

How's the A30?
Great phone bro...

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddlars: 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2019
I got my A30 today, simply the best

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by bennyblings(m): 12:17am On Jun 25, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Have you tried using the same Hotspot you used when setting it up?
If you ask me, I'll suggest you do a factory reset. Hand start the phone afresh. Of cause, you'll lose your files. Perhaps something was tampered with while setting up the device. The wifi is in good other and not a manufacturing issues since you uses it while setting it up.
Please update the house
nah,I did the setting up from the dude I bought my sim from.i will try to connect with another hotspot before considering
the factory setting option.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by jboixxx: 12:22am On Jun 25, 2019
.For your SIM Extenders, memory cards and OTGs (MicroB/type c), visit My advert thread . Affordable and reliable products.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by agent9(m): 12:47am On Jun 25, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I was torn between this comparison, but I resolved to settle for A20. My reasons
-Samsung phones do work in developed countries. So you don't have I worry about changing your phone when you change countries
-a20 is more pocket friendly
-Samsung updates rarely have bugs and if there are, the usually release updates to fix the bugs, so you don't necessarily have to downgrade
-Samsung a20 has more functionalities uoder settings than S4, I compared the two. With a20, I can choose no to let the display reach the notch, same can't be done for S4 (I no see am)
-the Samsung phone will have more 2nd hand value when you want to sell it unlike infinix products that their prices drop drastically at a ridiculous rate (my note 3 pro I got for 74k then, I will rather give it out now than sell it cos the offers are ridiculously low.) Let me share an experienced the very first phone I got had flash charging issues (factory error) and it spent it's youthful stage mostly with calcare than with me. Summarized, it was replaced for me and I was given a brand new phone by Calcare. Thumbs up to them. That same month, note 4 was launched and I walked into slot for a phone swop. Note 4 was for 53k then. My phone stil had its nylon on it and had no single scratch. Then guy scrutinized the phone thoroughly and went through the apps, and then said he is offering 20k for the phone and that I will top the difference to get t a note 4 (me that I was expecting to collect change sef). I called his attention to it that it is a pro version, then he said 25k was the highest he could offer. I tried several other places, 25k was their offering prices, and that was around 2017.
#MyOwnOpinionsThough

Detailed. Thank you

So how has been the phone so far with you? The performance flow, battery life and camera?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Emmyk(m): 2:22am On Jun 25, 2019
@Tiger2020. Lol. Please disregard these. I use A70 and no form of bug or any of those BS that person wrote.

I don't trust the reviews I see from that website.

It's like some people are being paid to badmouth some kind of phones on that website.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 5:00am On Jun 25, 2019
agent9:

Detailed. Thank you

So how has been the phone so far with you? The performance flow, battery life and camera?
You welcome. I am yet to buy the said phone grin
Pepper never rest.
Don't mind me and my overzealousness. I usually spend weeks - months scrutinizing and comparing a device before I go for it. It's what doesn't make me bored of it on the long run when other models or other devices with similar specs, get released.
I had made up my mind not to go for a phone with battery lesser than 4500mah (my present phone's battery capacity), but samsung a20 is worth the shot (battery being one of the things I consider. Others include 4g bandwidth, anti overcharge mechanism (very important)! Otg support, rear flash, and screen size among other things.
Just wish I have enough cash to go for A30. Otherwise, I just get a 64gb mmc for a20
I hope I am not boring you with much details

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by kkash: 5:39am On Jun 25, 2019
Mizik:
sighs.
Please just disregard this!

Good morning sir, I got the umi one from u, wanna get d A30 , wanna know if it supports VR headset.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Habiodunz(m): 6:11am On Jun 25, 2019
Anyone gamin on A20??

I will like to know the Performance on the likes of PUBG, Shadow fight Asphalt 9 etc
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Mizik(m): 7:40am On Jun 25, 2019
kkash:

Good morning sir, I got the umi one from u, wanna get d A30 , wanna know if it supports VR headset.
I'm not sure it has gyroscope ..
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Mizik(m): 7:41am On Jun 25, 2019
Anyone using the A30 here,can u confirm if it has gyroscope....
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by zamanii: 8:54am On Jun 25, 2019
Rayd502:

Great phone bro...
Good one
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Flytime: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2019
OHIsIManuEL:

Actually they do, especially infinix.
Exactly

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 9:57am On Jun 25, 2019
OHIsIManuEL:

Actually they do, especially infinix.
You mean note 5 and note 5 stylus, this because they are andriod one
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by kkash: 10:03am On Jun 25, 2019
Mizik:
I'm not sure it has gyroscope ..
Nawa oo.....
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Tiger2020(m): 11:51am On Jun 25, 2019
Emmyk:
@Tiger2020. Lol. Please disregard these. I use A70 and no form of bug or any of those BS that person wrote.

I don't trust the reviews I see from that website.

It's like some people are being paid to badmouth some kind of phones on that website.
thanks alot,that's the kind of review that i want ,so how is the battery life ,the weight of the phone,camera both front and back,does it have screen flash
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Emmyk(m): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2019
Tiger2020:
thanks alot,that's the kind of review that i want ,so how is the battery life ,the weight of the phone,camera both front and back,does it have screen flash

The battery is strong. It takes me a day most days. At times over a day depending on how I use it. My average screen time is 9hours+ daily.

Great camera, both back and front. It's light too and does have a screenflash.

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Emmyk(m): 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2019
Flytime:

Dude the a70 might have screen flash but the a1 lack it

He was asking about A10, not A1 (if at all such phone exists).

Here is A10. I was saying it has a screenflash the other day but you said it doesn't.

Can you see the flash sign on its screen?

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2019
Very sleek and compact is what describes the a40, pls who knows this model and its price

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (95) (Reply)

How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.