Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,222 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

The Galaxy A Series! - Phones (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Galaxy A Series! (183363 Views)

Which Is Better: S Or A Series Of Samsung? / Samsung’s Foldable Phone Is The Galaxy Fold, Starting At N714,780 / The Galaxy F, Samsung Foldable Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Flytime: 9:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
Emmyk:

He was asking about A10, not A1 (if at all such phone exists).

Here is A10. I was saying it has a screenflash the other day but you said it doesn't.

Can you see the flash sign on its screen?
I made a mistake was trying to say A10 and wow you proved me wrong firstly I didn't expect it secondly some one using it told me it doesn't have and a you tube review also said so

2 Likes

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 9:40pm On Jun 25, 2019
Mizik:
Galaxy A10 - #40990

GALAXY A20 - #54500

GALAXY A30 - ₦67790

GALAXY A50 - ₦88900

GALAXY A70 - ₦118900

Pay on delivery! ..

CALL OR WHATSAPP 07016854740 or click to chat me up on WhatsApp https:///2347016854740

Fast delivery!
Boss what of a40
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Halezis(m): 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2019
ddjay:
Very sleek and compact is what describes the a40, pls who knows this model and its price
Lols, which one is a40 again? Probably not Samsung
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Charlieluvboy(m): 10:19pm On Jun 25, 2019
okikiosibodu:

It doesn't support band 28 (glo's official 4g bandl, but glo is presently test running band 3, which the A series supports. Int a matter of time, you will be able to enjoy glo's 4g nationwide. But i
Band 3 works in Lagos around VI, Yaba and Ogudu side
Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by agent9(m): 10:20pm On Jun 25, 2019
okikiosibodu:

You welcome. I am yet to guy the said phone grin
Pepper never rest.
Don't mind me and my overzealousness. I usually spend weeks - months scrutinizing and comparing a device before I go for it. It's what doesn't make me bored of it on the long run when other models or other devices with similar specs, get released.
I had made up my mind not to go for a phone with battery lesser than 4500mah (my present phone's battery capacity), but samsung a20 is worth the shot (battery being one of the things I consider. Others include 4g bandwidth, anti overcharge mechanism (very important)! Otg support, rear flash, and screen size among other things.
Just wish I have enough cash to go for A30. Otherwise, I just get a 64gb mmc for a20
I hope I am not boring you with much details

No, i love your details. They are helpful

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 11:16pm On Jun 25, 2019
Halezis:

Lols, which one is a40 again? Probably not Samsung
It is o, it starts with a10 to a70

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWmS8ZO89q0
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Djdannyb4u: 1:04am On Jun 26, 2019
ddjay:

I think the A40 is yet to come into the Nigerian market

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Omoocash(m): 2:18am On Jun 26, 2019
I need a phone and am considering buying any of this , kindly advice base on your expert
(1) Infinix Zero 6 , 6/64GB
(2) Samsung A50, 6/64GB
(3) Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, 6/64GB

Which of these is the best to buy..... My interest is in camera and battery... Price is not my issue... Kindly advice.. Thanks
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 5:46am On Jun 26, 2019
Djdannyb4u:

I think the A40 is yet to come into the Nigerian market
I wonder why because its been available since april, the review shows that the price will be in between the a20 and the a30,
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 5:51am On Jun 26, 2019
okikiosibodu:

You welcome. I am yet to guy the said phone grin
Pepper never rest.
Don't mind me and my overzealousness. I usually spend weeks - months scrutinizing and comparing a device before I go for it. It's what doesn't make me bored of it on the long run when other models or other devices with similar specs, get released.
I had made up my mind not to go for a phone with battery lesser than 4500mah (my present phone's battery capacity), but samsung a20 is worth the shot (battery being one of the things I consider. Others include 4g bandwidth, anti overcharge mechanism (very important)! Otg support, rear flash, and screen size among other things.
Just wish I have enough cash to go for A30. Otherwise, I just get a 64gb mmc for a20
I hope I am not boring you with much details
You may still have to go for the a30 because a20 doesn't have 64gb variant only 32gb, Samsung has an M series, but i don't know much about them, you do a review of m20,m30,m40, there are even 5000 mah variants

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 5:54am On Jun 26, 2019
Omoocash:
I need a phone and am considering buying any of this , kindly advice base on your expert
(2) Samsung A50, 6/64GB

Which of these is the best to buy..... My interest is in camera and battery... Price is not my issue... Kindly advice.. Thanks
Oga the response we will give will obviously be a50, rn7 is a good buy but pls throw that zero 6 away, infinix is known (most especially on nairaland) to be full of complains
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by manopaka(m): 9:21am On Jun 26, 2019
Does anyone know where i can buy original Samsung u-flex headset in Portharcourt? What is the price range please? Those I've come accross r all fake.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Mizik(m): 9:38am On Jun 26, 2019
Redmi Go 1GB/8GB ₦18000
Redmi 6A 2GB/16GB ₦28900
REDMI 7 2gb /16gb ₦34000
Redmi 7 3GB/32GB ₦45999
Redmi 7 3Gb/64gb ₦50000
Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 3GB/32GB ₦45000
Redmi Note 7 3GB/32GB ₦57990
Redmi note 7 4gb/64gb. ₦68000

Umidigi A3 -₦23900
Umidigi A3 pro ₦28900
Umidigi one -₦39990
Umidigi F1 - ₦66900

Lenovo A5 ₦30000

Nokia X5 3GB/32GB ₦45990
Nokia X6 6GB/64GB ₦52000
Nokia 3.1 -₦33296

Huawei Y5 lite- #29990
Huawei Y7 prime - #59990
HUAWEI Y9 2019 - #73900
HUAWEI Nova 3i - #87900
Huawei Mate 20 pro - #269000

Galaxy A10 - #40500
GALAXY A20 - #52000
GALAXY A30 - ₦67790
GALAXY A50 - ₦89900
GALAXY A70 - ₦118900

Fast delivery

Pay on delivery!

CALL OR WHATSAPP 07016854740 or click to chat me up on WhatsApp https:///2347016854740

Fast delivery!

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 7:03pm On Jun 26, 2019
ddjay:

You may still have to go for the a30 because a20 doesn't have 64gb variant only 32gb, Samsung has an M series, but i don't know much about them, you do a review of m20,m30,m40, there are even 5000 mah variants
Thank you. I came across the M series when I was Googling a70 (or was it a80) after someone asked when it was going to reach Nigeria. They have similar specs with the recent A series, but the prices are way out of my budget. I am not sure I can spare more than 50k for a phone (I can't go and spend fortune on a phone only for the price to crash later). I have bills to handle at the moment, I need serious calculations. I just might wait for A20 to reduce to that price range. I am seduced though, with the 5000mah, but I'll pass grin
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 7:58pm On Jun 26, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Thank you. I came across the M series when I was Googling a70 (or was it a80) after someone asked when it was going to reach Nigeria. They have similar specs with the recent A series, but the prices are way out of my budget. I am not sure I can spare more than 50k for a phone (I can't go and spend fortune on a phone only for the price to crash later). I have bills to handle at the moment, I need serious calculations. I just might wait for A20 to reduce to that price range. I am seduced though, with the 5000mah, but I'll pass grin
Ok

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 8:31pm On Jun 26, 2019
Mizik:
Anyone using the A30 here,can u confirm if it has gyroscope....
I don't know of any recent device that doesn't have a gyroscope
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2019
ddjay:

Up to A80 sef
The battery of this a40 sef. Just curious as to why is the capacity that reduced?
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 8:44am On Jun 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Up to A80 sef
The battery of this a40 sef. Just curious as to why is the capacity that reduced?
I wonder too, the 5.8 inch size is what attracted me

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by seanwilliam(m): 4:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
okikiosibodu:

wait for a30 to comdown to 60k. e get better display (amoled) than m series. meself dey wait 4 price to reduce. buy wat will gv u all round satisfaction.people buy house in lekki for reasons. GOD will provide.

2 Likes

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by berbs: 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2019
Omoocash:
(2) Samsung A50, 6/64GB

Samsung A70
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Omoocash(m): 9:25pm On Jun 27, 2019
berbs:

Samsung A70

As if you know my choice.... I had made up my mind for A70 already but am still reading the reviews on it for final option.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by otis54(m): 11:29pm On Jun 27, 2019
My A70 (color black) was delivered today by jumia Nigeria and the phone is awesome and sleek. Still transferring my data from my Huawei y9 2019 which I will be putting up for sale once am done with the transfer and fully settled with my new device. Also placed an order for a new pouch on Aliexpress which am still expecting.

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 11:34pm On Jun 27, 2019
ddjay:

I wonder too, the 5.8 inch size is what attracted me
One man's food they say, is another's poison. I love phablets with 6.0 screen size or more, as long as I can grip it in one palm (not two), and it has Sharp display. Some large screen phones have blurry visual
A40's battery is a mega turn off to me.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 11:43pm On Jun 27, 2019
seanwilliam:
wait for a30 to comdown to 60k. e get better display (amoled) than m series. meself dey wait 4 price to reduce. buy wat will gv u all round satisfaction.people buy house in lekki for reasons. GOD will provide.
Amen o. I get your point bro. The thing is, I budget 60k for the phone cos I'll stil hav to get pouch (a flip and a Normal one so I can choose any at will, as the spirit leads) , screen guard (as Samsung's major maintenance issue is cost of new screen when one damages it. It is usually more than half the price of the new phone itself), spare charger (that will be in my bag incase I have to charge outdoors), and a 64gb mmc. That way, I can't pacify my brain to be happy with a 32gb memory. The major difference between a20 and A30 is a lil in the RAM and ROM. I just wish they had IR blaster (me sef dey blaze o.... How many things do I want in a phone, at that price grin)
But the thing is in phones, just like cars, and even our lovers, one can't have it all. We ensure the love of the features possessed outweighs the features it lacks or has in limited quantity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 11:50pm On Jun 27, 2019
otis54:
My A70 (color black) was delivered today by jumia Nigeria and the phone is awesome and sleek. Still transferring my data from my Huawei y9 2019 which I will be putting up for sale once am done with the transfer and fully settled with my new device. Also placed an order for a new pouch on Aliexpress which am still expecting.
Congratulations. Come and gist us about your experience, esp SOT
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by Omoocash(m): 3:53am On Jun 28, 2019
berbs:

Samsung A70

I need to get this phone (Samsung A70) on the 2nd July when I arrive Nigeria. Pls where do you advice that I should buy the Phone?
(1) Slot for N122k
(2) Jumia for N120K
(3) Konga for N115k
(3) Samsung office for N125

Am also considering the warranty period too...
Some are given one year while some are given two years.

Where is more reliable... I will pick it up myself since I will be in Lagos that time.

Kindly advice !
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by seanwilliam(m): 9:36am On Jun 28, 2019
@okikiosibodu, buy the phone without flipcase or cover. whenever u are handling the phone, u will always remember how u suffer before u get am. also it will be easy to get case cover after u don buy am.
Re: The Galaxy A Series! by seanwilliam(m): 9:45am On Jun 28, 2019
@ okikiosibodu BUY a30 for the following reasons.
1. better amoled display( google the different) 2. large storage(64) and ram(4gb) 3. corning gorilla glass(front) 4. better resolution(google this too) 5. better camera(16 mp) 6. a30 is FHD+ 7. resales value
am getting it nxt month if possible. tell more about ir blaster bro

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by jboixxx: 10:10am On Jun 28, 2019
Omoocash:

I need to get this phone (Samsung A70) on the 2nd July when I arrive Nigeria. Pls where do you advice that I should buy the Phone?
(1) Slot for N122k
(2) Jumia for N120K
(3) Konga for N115k
(3) Samsung office for N125

Am also considering the warranty period too...
Some are given one year while some are given two years.

Where is more reliable... I will pick it up myself since I will be in Lagos that time.

Kindly advice !
I prefer Samsung office

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 10:57am On Jun 28, 2019
okikiosibodu:

One man's food they say, is another's poison. I love phablets with 6.0 screen size or more, as long as I can grip it in one palm (not two), and it has Sharp display. Some large screen phones have blurry visual
A40's battery is a mega turn off to me.
Yes the battery is the "let down" it like Samsung did not follow the usual "higher the better" in the A series because a30 has some advantages over this a40, so does a20

1 Like

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by ddjay: 11:01am On Jun 28, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Amen o. I get your point bro. The thing is, I budget 60k for the phone cos I'll stil hav to get pouch (a flip and a Normal one so I can choose any at will, as the spirit leads) , screen guard (as Samsung's major maintenance issue is cost of new screen when one damages it. It is usually more than half the price of the new phone itself), spare charger (that will be in my bag incase I have to charge outdoors), and a 64gb mmc. That way, I can't pacify my brain to be happy with a 32gb memory. The major difference between a20 and A30 is a lil in the RAM and ROM. I just wish they had IR blaster (me sef dey blaze o.... How many things do I want in a phone, at that price grin)
But the thing is in phones, just like cars, and even our lovers, one can't have it all. We ensure the love of the features possessed outweighs the features it lacks or has in limited quantity
See one nice transparent flip case for the a30

Re: The Galaxy A Series! by okikiosibodu(m): 11:23am On Jun 28, 2019
ddjay:

See one nice transparent flip case for the a30
I know some one that has an exotic flip case very similar to the one you posted there, just that the front doesn't reflect. He got it for 1k in computer village.
Personally, I prefer pouches that still offer some degree of protection to the device (both screen and side of the phone) by absorbing some of the impact, assuming it falls. That is why I will never go for a plastic pouch (cos it exaggerates impact should in case the phone drops), unless it has a rubber underlay first before plastic (i.e there is a reasonable presence of rubber or other absorbing materials between the phone and the plastic). For the pouch without a flip, I prefer ones that has the front a lil longer/ higher than the screen itself., so if the phone falls face down with the screen, the screen and bezel still have some protection to a reasonable extent (depending on the surface it lands on though)
I am not planning to be dropping my phone though, but it's better safe than sorry

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (95) (Reply)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.