Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. (50707 Views)

Dangote Refinery Completes The Installation Of All 18 Transformers (Photos) / Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / Dangote Refinery Takes Delivery Of Gigantic Distillation Component In Lekki.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by bonnyhope: 8:58am On May 03, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

What's the name of the generator? What are its specifications? What kind of fuel does it use? Who produced it? What's the average output? What's the average cost?
This is a post that should educate nairalanders.
Thank you @Castroii.
Btw, the generator is quite massive. I wouldn't have agreed that this equipment is a generator. Look how human beings are infinitesimal relative to the generator.
Technology is indeed great!

oga, it is not a generator but a regenerator....it is meant to regenerate the catalyst used in the catalytic cracking unit.
the longer chain hydrocarbon are broken down to the desired ones in the RFCC UNIT. SO overtime this catalyst lost its activity/effectiveness and when this occur, it is regenerated or you can call it reactivated and this takes place in the equipment called regenerator.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Nobody: 8:59am On May 03, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

What's the name of the generator? What are its specifications? What kind of fuel does it use? Who produced it? What's the average output? What's the average cost?
Thank you @Castroii.
Btw, the generator is quite massive. I wouldn't have agreed that this equipment is a generator. Look how human beings are infinitesimal relative to the generator.
I don't think it's the kind of generator you are thinking of, this is what we call FCC, meaning fluid catalytic cracking unit, it's where the crude oil breaks down into different product with the help of different catalyst, it's not a generator that produces light,
The refinery will obviously have it's generating station to produce light, like every other refinery in Nigeria.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Nobody: 9:00am On May 03, 2019
Topmaike007:
So you mean dangote cannot produce his own light rather than installing generator that will consume fuel,what am I even saying is it not fuel that he want to be distilling?
People that have no idea will be talking, that what we call FCC, meaning fluid catalytic cracking unit, it's where the crude oil breaks down into different product with the help of different catalyst, it's not a generator that produces light,
The refinery will obviously have it's generating station to produce light, like every other refinery in Nigeria.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:05am On May 03, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

Thank you @Castroii.

well.. this isn't a generator as been opined here but a unit chamber that cracks (breaks) hydrocarbons into its desired compound... be it PMS, diesel,engine oil, Wax, etc.. it's called catalytic cracking... the hydrocarbons are injected into ths chamber and temperature applied.. the hydrocarbons that the temperature correlates with its C-H group goes into the chamber and is precipitated until it goes to the least one.. asphalt...
this break down Must be done in a secured and controlled environment...
I have to appreciate Thomas Edison for discovering a way to crack (separate) hydrocarbons in his lab and John D Rockefeller for pioneering the oil exploitation and exploration that became the world most used substance...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Nobody: 9:06am On May 03, 2019
Topmaike007:
So you mean dangote cannot produce his own light rather than installing generator that will consume fuel,what am I even saying is it not fuel that he want to be distilling?

You here personify the problem with Nigeria. Ignorance, brewed with arrogance and a disgusting attitude.

Its a regenerator used for producing desirable fractions from crude oil like PMS, AGO, etc. and not an electilric generator

Next time read and comprehend before talking nonsense.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by IvarTheBoneless: 9:10am On May 03, 2019
barragan:

LMAO.

You do realise they said regenerator not refrigerator. Yes?

No loud am, abeg wink. People enjoyed the story. That's what matters
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Donreiy: 9:11am On May 03, 2019
BrainSanitizer:

Thank you @Castroii.

The generator to run the refinery, that would obviously babe a Gas Turbine. Runs soon both liquid and gas fuel. Really efficient and has high power output. High power output here is. 30MW. The refinery have two of that, running efficiently
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Donreiy: 9:12am On May 03, 2019
soul95:

You here personify the problem with Nigeria. Ignorance, brewed with arrogance and a disgusting attitude.

Its a regenerator used for producing desirable fractions from crude oil like PMS, AGO, etc. and not an electilric generator

The Mugu no see Fluid Catalytic Cracker there.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by tochyano2: 9:15am On May 03, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
angry

I remember being stuck in one...on a mission in Tokyo.

I was a secret agent trailing Izichiro Kagawa.

He was a traitor selling nuclear secrets to the Chinese.

Why the top echelon of Japanese Intelligence unintelligently chose a Black assassin is a story for another day...

He ran towards the nearest cabinet close to these giant ass fridge. He was going for the alarm! shocked

The moment i sneaked into the basement of the Hiroshima Memorial Military Laboratories (HMML) i felt a sense of foreboding.

Just how do i cross 500meters of a heavily guarded lab ? Kagawa's office was straight ahead. No turns.

My make-up was already failing... i was sweating heavily despite the ACs.

Imagine how foundation runs down the faces of these our slayqueens.

I kept my face-cap down and muttered in Yoruba at every single greeting. All you had to do was add "chiwa" and " orensoshi" to the end of each word.

400 m.......250m................70m.........10m.

I was making up my mind to use the garotte. He deserved a painful but noiseless death.

He was seated backing the door and alone.... showtime!

He was turning when our eyes met in the mirrors.

I was a terrible sight! I saw a nasty demon staring back at me.

Black showing in big patches under the white make-up. Reverse vitiligo just like Michael Jackson! shocked shocked

I cut off his route of escape halfway to the alarm, and then....

He slammed the release of the fridge and pushed me inside!

Luckily i grabbed him by the neck as we both fell inside the fridge. The latch closed automatically sealing us in! WTF!

First thing i noticed, my balls were freezing.... next my blood was turning to ice in my veins..... cry

I knew i had to postpone killing him. I needed his body warm for as long as possible.

We both hugged each other....killer and would-be victim for warmth.....

To be continued!

Fvck! I am late for office, AGAIN! shocked

Good narrative skills.but you need to go back to school for your tenses grin

1 Like

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by IvarTheBoneless: 9:18am On May 03, 2019
tochyano2:

Good narrative skills.but you need to go back to school for your tenses grin

Correct the mistakes. I wrote it in 20 seconds fast on the way to work.

Don't just make sweeping statements. It's not a great sign.

In fact i went through just now. Everything happened in the past and all was in past tense.

But it would be great to learn from a professor like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by IamPlato(m): 9:22am On May 03, 2019
Castroii:
More
aBeg Na Wetin Transport That Thing Reach There
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by onatisi(m): 9:23am On May 03, 2019
something which our previous and present government can do easily
, but instead they will rather spend billions on wasteful projects , buying recharge cards for voters and frivilous trips abroad
rather than invest solidly in the naija economy .
donsheva:
Massive project

1 Like

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by TheAlchemist: 9:23am On May 03, 2019
AbbasJR:
Don't be surprised if this man gets into the top 20 richest people within 5 years

Sorry to disappoint you won't happen. Unless he starts to invest in technologically driven biz and renewable energy biz.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Topmaike007(m): 9:28am On May 03, 2019
soul95:

so your mind now you know book,so you can't detect when someone is joking,when the person you are quoting is a chemist.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Nobody: 9:31am On May 03, 2019
IamPlato:
aBeg Na Wetin Transport That Thing Reach There
Lol, check the pictures clearly,
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by IamPlato(m): 9:34am On May 03, 2019
Castroii:

Lol, check the pictures clearly,
my Phone Too Small... Because I Know Say Trailer No Fit Carry That Thing. I No Understand
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Nobody: 9:37am On May 03, 2019
Looks good
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by aleeyus(m): 9:38am On May 03, 2019
WinningSun:

We yoruba want him that is why we gave him land... We don't want charities... We want jobs and foreign exchanges.
I dont know what is wrong with these enemies of state Wallahi.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by aleeyus(m): 9:43am On May 03, 2019
hrhugbamgbam1:
I swear he needs prayer
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Mathiasa(m): 9:44am On May 03, 2019
Something that ordinary Alabaru (agbero) can carry, I thought it's bigger than this. So all the money this man borrowed from me, na this small thing him go buy, no wahala.
Him try.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:47am On May 03, 2019
Looks like a missile launcher..
Nice one from Dangote
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Westbestside: 9:54am On May 03, 2019
gboyetade:
And Mimiko made Ondo state loose this to his greed
It shall not be well with that man and his generation.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by barragan: 10:01am On May 03, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:

No loud am, abeg wink. People enjoyed the story. That's what matters

It wasn't bad at all. grin
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Nobody: 10:01am On May 03, 2019
IamPlato:
my Phone Too Small... Because I Know Say Trailer No Fit Carry That Thing. I No Understand
A kind of multi axle heavy duty modular trailer, its very low to the ground.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by IamPlato(m): 10:18am On May 03, 2019
Castroii:

A kind of multi axle heavy duty modular trailer, its very low to the ground.
the Name Fit Am... That One Will Surely Carry Plane

2 Likes

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Nobody: 10:30am On May 03, 2019
WinningSun:
Wow May Allah continue to bless dangote and the yoruba nation
God doesn't answer selfish prayers. Change your mindset.

1 Like

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by roundman: 10:41am On May 03, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
angry

Why the top echelon of Japanese Intelligence unintelligently chose a Black assassin is a story for another day...

The moment i sneaked into the basement of the Hiroshima Memorial Military Laboratories (HMML) i felt a sense of foreboding.

Just how do i cross 500meters of a heavily guarded lab ? Kagawa's office was straight ahead. No turns.

I kept my face-cap down and muttered in Yoruba at every single greeting. All you had to do was add "chiwa" and " orensoshi" to the end of each word.

I made up my mind to use the garotte ( thought through various methods)
He deserved a painful but noiseless death.

Black showing in big patches under the white make-up. Reverse vitiligo just like Michael Jackson! shocked shocked

He ran towards the nearest cabinet close to these giant ass fridge. He was going for the alarm! shocked

Luckily i grabbed him by the neck as we both fell inside the fridge. The latch closed automatically sealing us in! WTF!

First thing i noticed, my balls were freezing.... next my blood was turning to ice in my veins..... cry

I knew i had to postpone killing him. I needed his body warm for as long as possible.

To be continued!

PLOT TWIST: it's a Regenerator not a Refrigerator + grin

You go sabi play when you small ehn���
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by AgreatMan: 10:44am On May 03, 2019
IvarTheBoneless:
angry

I made up my mind to use the garotte ( thought through various methods)
He deserved a painful but noiseless death.

To be continued!

PLOT TWIST: it's a Regenerator not a Refrigerator + grin

Bros, I beg wrote book. I swear, I go buy.
#Coming from a guy who doesn't fancy reading novels

1 Like

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Nobody: 10:45am On May 03, 2019
Topmaike007:
so your mind now you know book,so you can't detect when someone is joking,when the person you are quoting is a chemist.

So I should have just assumed that you are a chemist? Have you ever heard that assumption is the lowest level of knowledge?
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by Marxist77: 11:30am On May 03, 2019
Castroii:
The Dangote oil refinery is an ongoing Refinery project owned by the Dangote Group, located at Ibeju lekki area of Lagos state.
When complete, it will have a capacity to process about 650,000 barrels per day of crude oil.
Below are pictures from the transportation to the installation of the world largest Regenerator(3000T), and a Residual Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit which was carried out recently.
fake news this is a distiller, I saw this post last year.
Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by CodeTemplar: 11:31am On May 03, 2019
Castroii:
Also Lalasticlala, we need give kudos to MAMMOET Nigeria, a leading company in Engineering lifting and transportation, which has successfully and safely received and transported the majority of heavy refinery components for the Dangote Refinery project.
Can they lift the burden of incompetent leaders off Nigeria's shoulder?

1 Like

Re: Installation Of World Heaviest Regenerator, RFCC Unit At The Dangote Refinery. by foxton: 11:33am On May 03, 2019
meanwhile tifnubu is somewhere tinkering on the next innocent mass to install his minions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Fire Tear Gas At Innoson Motors Workers, GTB Moves To Shut Down Factory / Chevron To Leave Nigeria To Focus On Shale Back Home / Nigerian Economy: Here Are Some Profitable Online Businesses You Can Start

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.