Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,914 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) (23600 Views)

Lynda Chuba Ikpeazu Nominated Gbajabiamila For Speaker, Disobeying PDP / Why I Am Supporting Gbajabiamila For Speaker House Of Reps – Wike / Femi Fani-kayode Slams Femi Gbajabiamila For Sitting Before An Islamic Scholar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by kahal29: 8:49pm On May 02, 2019
Supporters of Femi Gbajabiamila say 178 newly elected members of the house of representatives have endorsed him for speakership.

The incoming lawmakers endorsed Gbajabiamila during a meeting in Abuja on Thursday.

Gbajabiamila is the current majority leader of the house and is favoured by both the All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Muhammadu Buhari to become speaker in the ninth assembly.

The incoming lawmakers who had come from various political parties said the decision to endorse Gbajabiamila is devoid of partisan politics.

Addressing journalists after the meeting, Onofiok Luke, member-elect and current speaker of Akwa Ibom state house of assembly, said the majority leader is the “best qualified” for the position.

He gave the number of his colleagues present as 178 but TheCable could not verify this claim.

He also did not give the names of the 178 members.

For a speaker to emerge, he or she would need the votes of one-third of the 360 members in the lower legislative chamber.

Luke, who is of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said the decision is also devoid of personal interests and sentiments.

Luke said, “I am the Speaker of Akwa Ibom State and here with me are newly-elected members of the House of Representatives, and this is a conglomeration of people of different parties.

“I am of the PDP. We have members of the APC here. We have members of APGA, we have people from AA, we have people from ACP and we have people from ADC. It’s a multi-party arrangement.

“We decided to convene ourselves as newly elected members and look at the emergence of next leadership of the ninth assembly.

“We have looked through the credentials of those aspiring to become speaker and we understand that with the challenges we have, we need a bipartisan approach to solve the problem of Nigeria.

“We need someone that has shown he has what it takes even as reflected in his manifesto to carry the entire parties along.

“We need someone who will not mortgage the independence of the legislator but at the same time will not engage the executive in unnecessary fight; someone who will put the interest of Nigeria above his personal interests.

“We have found these in Femi Gbajabiamila as the man who has the right capacity to lead the house of representatives in the ninth assembly. And we know and believe he will not let Nigerians down.”

https://www.thecable.ng/178-reps-elect-endorse-gbaja-for-speaker

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by rusher14: 8:51pm On May 02, 2019
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by sarrki(m): 8:58pm On May 02, 2019
It’s a done deal for him

I pray he serves his tenure having the interest of the masses at heart

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by ozo13(m): 9:00pm On May 02, 2019
Make e no go relax o else pdp go teach am lesson again

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by ORIENTATION101: 9:08pm On May 02, 2019
OSU can commit sucide Tinubu annointed candidates will emerge as SP and speaker

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by ORIENTATION101: 9:09pm On May 02, 2019
ozo13:
Make every no go relax o else pdp go reach am lesson again
like Atiku was taught a bittered lessoncheesy

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by kahal29: 9:25pm On May 02, 2019
More pix

5 Likes

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by celeiyke: 9:59pm On May 02, 2019
He will still lose. He is being deceived, a lot of them are for the money he is sharing

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by aolawale025: 10:00pm On May 02, 2019
Good for him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 02, 2019
So why are the 178 not there with him?
This is just hype news..

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by senatordave1(m): 12:13am On May 03, 2019
kahal29:
Supporters of Femi Gbajabiamila say 178 newly elected members of the house of representatives have endorsed him for speakership.

The incoming lawmakers endorsed Gbajabiamila during a meeting in Abuja on Thursday.

Gbajabiamila is the current majority leader of the house and is favoured by both the All Progressives Congress (APC) and President Muhammadu Buhari to become speaker in the ninth assembly.

The incoming lawmakers who had come from various political parties said the decision to endorse Gbajabiamila is devoid of partisan politics.

Addressing journalists after the meeting, Onofiok Luke, member-elect and current speaker of Akwa Ibom state house of assembly, said the majority leader is the “best qualified” for the position.

He gave the number of his colleagues present as 178 but TheCable could not verify this claim.

He also did not give the names of the 178 members.

For a speaker to emerge, he or she would need the votes of one-third of the 360 members in the lower legislative chamber.

Luke, who is of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), said the decision is also devoid of personal interests and sentiments.

Luke said, “I am the Speaker of Akwa Ibom State and here with me are newly-elected members of the House of Representatives, and this is a conglomeration of people of different parties.

“I am of the PDP. We have members of the APC here. We have members of APGA, we have people from AA, we have people from ACP and we have people from ADC. It’s a multi-party arrangement.

“We decided to convene ourselves as newly elected members and look at the emergence of next leadership of the ninth assembly.

“We have looked through the credentials of those aspiring to become speaker and we understand that with the challenges we have, we need a bipartisan approach to solve the problem of Nigeria.

“We need someone that has shown he has what it takes even as reflected in his manifesto to carry the entire parties along.

“We need someone who will not mortgage the independence of the legislator but at the same time will not engage the executive in unnecessary fight; someone who will put the interest of Nigeria above his personal interests.

“We have found these in Femi Gbajabiamila as the man who has the right capacity to lead the house of representatives in the ninth assembly. And we know and believe he will not let Nigerians down.”

https://www.thecable.ng/178-reps-elect-endorse-gbaja-for-speaker

https://punchng.com/178-reps-elect-endorse-gbajabiamila-for-speaker/
Kahal,seems am a prophet.just this morning,i opened a thread on how femi will easily win.i clearly predicted that he has an almost 100% chance of winning with the dimension the race is taking.i calculated that onofiok luke might support him and boom,its happening.i predicted that no less than 20 pdp members will back him.with an outspoken,experienced and a charismatic legislator like luke supporting femi,it us over for the other contestants.femi will win in a landslide.luke is very influential and persuasive,at least he will convince 10 pdp reps to back him.not less than 50 pdp reps may vote him.
Luke may also be setting himself for an influential committee post.tuniski,christiannorth,gandollar,nwanyionitsha,rtsc cc

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by senatordave1(m): 12:19am On May 03, 2019
celeiyke:
He will still lose. He is being deceived, a lot of them are for the money he is sharing
Guy,shut up.cant you do simple calculations? I also sight jarigbe agom member representing ogoja federal constituency if cross river state there

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by senatordave1(m): 12:23am On May 03, 2019
Esseite:
So why are the 178 not there with him?
Must there all be there? Cant there be represwnted by others? Have you seen any other contender having such numbers and support? Put your hatred aside,femi is the next speaker.more than 5 reps are contesting and femi has the highest support so nothing will stop his victory.secondly,a lot of pdp reps are supporting him.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by YungMillionaire: 3:12am On May 03, 2019
Look at how Yoruba people play smart, engaging and matured politics. Meanwhile the so called second biggest tribe in the South (aka black Jews) will be going around crying marginalization, instead of learning how to create, use and spread power. Honestly, Igbos are a big disappointment. If only they can master this political game the way the Yorubas are doing - the entire South we be the better for it. Why am I even criticizing Igbos? When my SS region cannot boast of a single influential politician. And please don't mention GEJ, he had his chance and threw it to the dogs!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by Nobody: 4:53am On May 03, 2019
senatordave1:

Must there all be there? Cant there be represwnted by others? Have you seen any other contender having such numbers and support? Put your hatred aside,femi is the next speaker.more than 5 reps are contesting and femi has the highest support so nothing will stop his victory.secondly,a lot of pdp reps are supporting him.

Everything is just hatred to you guys... so another contender means hatred.

- Goje means hatred
- Saraki means hatred
- Agbaje means hatred
- Pdp means hatred
- Everyone and everything aside your choice means hatred.. even the NC supporting their own means hatred.

That's not how life is designed.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by Caseless: 6:00am On May 03, 2019
Onofiok Luke, member-elect and current speaker of Akwa Ibom state house of assembly

To have this man endorse gbaja, it shows the level of lobbying that he's doing ; this one na udom boy oo.

3 Likes

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by EmmaOgbu(m): 4:50pm On May 03, 2019
Is it the way

it end.

360 - 178=182

hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by Emekadollars(m): 4:52pm On May 03, 2019
Finally.

For your home/office furniture and interior decoration. Office chair and table, living room chairs, dinning set, wallpaper, 3d panel window blinds etc. Call/WhatsApp me 07013038612.
Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by israelmao(m): 4:52pm On May 03, 2019
Ok we are waiting.
Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by PalmoilSupply(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2019
178/360 hahahaha PDP will just pick 1 APC member and gather behind him... E speakerahip go sink.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by iammo(m): 4:55pm On May 03, 2019
grin
Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by Alejocs: 4:56pm On May 03, 2019
If there is any justice...... embarassed
Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by Stillthebest: 4:56pm On May 03, 2019
Na only money the lawmaker that reps my constituency go dey make since 2003 he's elected for the fourth time now I never see him in any national issues debating or aligning. He was once chairman committee on security. Hon. Wole Oke where are you ooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01pm On May 03, 2019
END OF DISCUSSION....

1 Like

Re: 178 Reps-Elect Endorse Gbajabiamila For Speaker (Photos) by BekeeBuAgbara: 5:13pm On May 03, 2019
178 out of 360, it's not over

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Hit Tinubu Over Comments On Borrowing / PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets / 2019 Election: Why Buhari Must Step Down For Saraki - Primate Ayodele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.